Winning Velcro 16oz Gloves with pics

Anybody else annoyed by this "fake leather" rubbish about Winning? It's already like Justin Bieber's songs. Winning gloves are not fake leather except so called Amateur gloves and bag gloves. But nobody buys these Amateur gloves/ bag gloves.

the amateur gloves are real leather

the soft-type gloves are artificial leather as well as the bag mitts, headgear, cups, body protectors and some of the focus mitts

wait...$300 for gloves made of fake leather and with exposed velcro?!

Which gloves are you referring to? I'm fairly sure the winning regulars are real leather...its the soft type that are fake...and I'm going for lace ups...not velcro when the time comes...grant is also leather...and im not looking at the hook and loop ones...lace up will be my next type for sure.

Which gloves are you referring to? I'm fairly sure the winning regulars are real leather...its the soft type that are fake...and I'm going for lace ups...not velcro when the time comes...grant is also leather...and im not looking at the hook and loop ones...lace up will be my next type for sure.

Materials-
Winning uses an artificial leather which is soft to the touch and lacks the normally strong smell of other leathers. It’s apparent immediately that the quality of the material is superb, the gloves appearance is immaculate (especially in white).

this is quoted from the original post about the exact gloves in this thread. artificial means fake.

the amateur gloves are real leather

the soft-type gloves are artificial leather as well as the bag mitts, headgear, cups, body protectors and some of the focus mitts

Yeah, sorry, I meant soft type.
Well, as for bag mitts, headgears etc. - he was talking about gloves...

As I own a pair of Winning that I love I am always annoyed by talks like "Winning gloves are fake leather" :icon_evil

Thanks for the clarification minowa, you know your stuff clearly...do you know if the being real leather vs synthetic leather affects whether or not the glove will get really dirty over time. I was thinking maybe it would be cool to save money and not order a custom color but still try and get an out of the norm color from your standard red and black and try for white or yellow but it seems like a bad idea because the gloves will probably turn black or brown from bags...is that safe to assume? And is that a reflection on the real leather material used (and obviously I would prefer the real leather that Winning uses regardless) or a reflection on choosing a color that is not really intelligent for long term use on my own part? Thanks. Like I said, in the next years when and if I finally decide to buy these, would be cool to have something that looks a little different in style than what I am used to already...for that new experience feeling...might sound stupid, but I think this way.

*edit* I also realized green is a custom color...that is surprising to me...seeing as blue yellow and white are not.

Just got a Velcro Winning Glove off ebay in the mail today, the inner wrist padding is completely non-existant. I would get a Lace up and hook and loop converter/elastic laces if I were you.

Just got a Velcro Winning Glove off ebay in the mail today, the inner wrist padding is completely non-existant. I would get a Lace up and hook and loop converter/elastic laces if I were you.

What oz. weight did you get?

This is from a 12oz glove.

If you mean those black "Brown Sugar" gloves sold on ebay with blue lace up gloves, they (those black) are 10 oz. actually - just put them on a scale :) But anyway, the wrist support pretty sucks with any of the Winning velcro.

Last edited:
If you mean those black "Brown Sugar" gloves sold on ebay with blue lace up gloves, they (those black) are 10 oz. actually - just put them on a scale :) But anyway, the wrist support pretty sucks with any of the Winning velcro.

Yeah those were the ones, I got a great deal on it so I had to get both. Gonna keep the black ones for class drills because I need a below 16oz glove and I'm selling off the blue ones now. Everyone is sending me offers but they are kinda low:/

Yeah those were the ones, I got a great deal on it so I had to get both. Gonna keep the black ones for class drills because I need a below 16oz glove and I'm selling off the blue ones now. Everyone is sending me offers but they are kinda low:/

Yeah, these buyers often say something like "Last time I bought almost new Winning for 150 incl. shipping"... bla bla... Do not hurry mate, you're selling them for a very fair price, no reason go lower than this.

One advice - these black Winning have a different lining (less durable) than Winning gloves now have. Be careful with the sharp ends of the wraps - they easily damage it unfortunately. Taping these sharp ends really worths in this case. But of course if you are using some Mexican style wraps like black Grant or Ringside (both purely velcro) it is far better...

Last edited:
Hey I have a quick question about 16oz Winnings, could they be a good substitute for a 18oz glove? In this one boxing class at my gym men are recommended to use 18 oz gloves for sparring, but the coach doesn't check/mind at all (unless you are wearing 12s or something). Dunno why he wants 18oz, but would a 16oz winnings be better than a 18oz other glove?

Thanks man, you've saved me $50 and closet space.:)

No worries mate, if pro heavyweights can use 16oz Winning I'm sure your sparring partners will appreciate it too.

Don't forget though, the Winning gloves have "16oz" written on the palm, just in case your coach sees it. :cool:

No worries mate, if pro heavyweights can use 16oz Winning I'm sure your sparring partners will appreciate it too.

Don't forget though, the Winning gloves have "16oz" written on the palm, just in case your coach sees it. :cool:

It's a Saturday class at the UFC Gym I sometimes go to once in a while. The coach just asked if everyone was wearing sparring gloves and that was it. I looked at the spare gloves he brought and I think they could have been 16oz too. In the Muay Thai sparring class at the same gym the coach there says 16oz is fine. No one really checks, it's an honor system I suppose.

And at the other gym I go to (for real fighters) they don't even say anything at all and people spar with all sorts of sizes (smaller guys 14oz and I've seen a guy with 10z but he doesn't hit hard.)

Back