Wise to get some Cleto Reyes?

Interesting....I will see how I get on but I have NG2 knuckle guards I can use anyway.....and in a 45min bag session its not all power shots
it is better with ng2 knuckle guard but you should use pillow gloves bag session winning,hayabusa,twins etc instead of puncher gloves

it is better with ng2 knuckle guard but you should use pillow gloves bag session winning,hayabusa,twins etc instead of puncher gloves
I really don't like using pillow gloves on the bag / pads

turkish pro boxer avni yıldırım is training mostly reyes pro fight gloves in los angeles

what do you think reyes printed logo issue ? is your gloves easily peeling off?

what do you think reyes printed logo issue ? is your gloves easily peeling off?
I am expecting this to happen as seems to happen with Reyes gloves that being said it happens with others too my ringside for example

Hi guys, sorry to add a comment after quite some time, and apologies for asking my own question, but being as I've just signed up to the forums it seems as though I cannot post my own thread/question. I was hoping to see if anyone could help me with a weird situation I have with two pairs of what are supposed to be identical Cleto Reyes 12oz velcro gloves.

I ordered a pair from official Amazon store. One glove ended up basically missing the "slot" in the fingertips that you kind of hook your fingertips behind, so I ordered the exact same pair again (12oz, silver, velcro). The next pair that arrived were VERY different. They look different, feel different, in many ways. The biggest difference is the thickness, look, and feel of the foam used in each. One is much "plusher", thicker, and softer, and also is a lot shinier. The other is thinner, firmer, less shiny, and has a more noticeable leather grain. And it's not just a slight difference in the way they feel, it's night and day the difference between the two.

In addition, one pair weighs almost exactly 12oz each glove, the others were ~16oz (to be clear, they are both labelled 12oz, as I had ordered, but their actual weights when on the scale are 12oz vs 16oz). I understand Cleto's are known to often weigh in above what they are labelled as, but again, it's weird the contrast/difference between the two pairs. Apart from the biggest difference with the feel/amount of the foam, there are also a number of smaller differences between the two pairs - the lighter pair (the ones that ended up weighing almost exactly the correct 12oz they are supposed to be) also have a more noticeable leather grain, aren't as shiny and without any metallic/sparkle (the softer shiny ones have a bit of metallic/sparkles in the paint), larger ventilation holes in the thumbs, the "12oz" label is a darker black font, the end of the velcro strap is a rounded end (vs. a slightly more "square" end on the other pair), a smaller and less pronounced font/characters for the stamp that they put on the wrist of each gloves, and more. But the biggest difference is the look and feel of the foam. I'm trying to figure out if one of these pairs is perhaps a counterfeit, or if one may be an older model and Cleto Reyes changed how they make the gloves, or any other reason why these gloves are so drastically different. Overall they both seem to have very high standards in terms of the stitching/quality, neither of which stand out to me as potentially being fake, but they are clearly very different in other ways. My best guess is that at some point in the past, they changed the way they made the gloves, and I've ended up with one older pair, and one newer pair. Based on recent reviews and videos on YouTube, it looks (although hard to tell without feeling the gloves) that almost all of the videos show gloves that look more like the softer/thicker/shinier foam pair that I have, not the denser/harder ones. This makes me think that the harder/denser pair I have are perhaps the older version, and the softer ones are the newer ones. But that is just my educated guess.

I'll add some photos, but to be honest it is quite hard to tell the difference in the photos, they end up looking quite similar, you'll have to trust me about the feel of them.

Attachments

• IMG_9235.jpg
    IMG_9235.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9228.jpg
    IMG_9228.jpg
    885.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9236.jpg
    IMG_9236.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9237.jpg
    IMG_9237.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9221.jpg
    IMG_9221.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9225.jpg
    IMG_9225.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9232.jpg
    IMG_9232.jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry to add a comment after quite some time, and apologies for asking my own question, but being as I've just signed up to the forums it seems as though I cannot post my own thread/question. I was hoping to see if anyone could help me with a weird situation I have with two pairs of what are supposed to be identical Cleto Reyes 12oz velcro gloves.

I ordered a pair from official Amazon store. One glove ended up basically missing the "slot" in the fingertips that you kind of hook your fingertips behind, so I ordered the exact same pair again (12oz, silver, velcro). The next pair that arrived were VERY different. They look different, feel different, in many ways. The biggest difference is the thickness, look, and feel of the foam used in each. One is much "plusher", thicker, and softer, and also is a lot shinier. The other is thinner, firmer, less shiny, and has a more noticeable leather grain. And it's not just a slight difference in the way they feel, it's night and day the difference between the two.

In addition, one pair weighs almost exactly 12oz each glove, the others were ~16oz (to be clear, they are both labelled 12oz, as I had ordered, but their actual weights when on the scale are 12oz vs 16oz). I understand Cleto's are known to often weigh in above what they are labelled as, but again, it's weird the contrast/difference between the two pairs. Apart from the biggest difference with the feel/amount of the foam, there are also a number of smaller differences between the two pairs - the lighter pair (the ones that ended up weighing almost exactly the correct 12oz they are supposed to be) also have a more noticeable leather grain, aren't as shiny and without any metallic/sparkle (the softer shiny ones have a bit of metallic/sparkles in the paint), larger ventilation holes in the thumbs, the "12oz" label is a darker black font, the end of the velcro strap is a rounded end (vs. a slightly more "square" end on the other pair), a smaller and less pronounced font/characters for the stamp that they put on the wrist of each gloves, and more. But the biggest difference is the look and feel of the foam. I'm trying to figure out if one of these pairs is perhaps a counterfeit, or if one may be an older model and Cleto Reyes changed how they make the gloves, or any other reason why these gloves are so drastically different. Overall they both seem to have very high standards in terms of the stitching/quality, neither of which stand out to me as potentially being fake, but they are clearly very different in other ways. My best guess is that at some point in the past, they changed the way they made the gloves, and I've ended up with one older pair, and one newer pair. Based on recent reviews and videos on YouTube, it looks (although hard to tell without feeling the gloves) that almost all of the videos show gloves that look more like the softer/thicker/shinier foam pair that I have, not the denser/harder ones. This makes me think that the harder/denser pair I have are perhaps the older version, and the softer ones are the newer ones. But that is just my educated guess.

I'll add some photos, but to be honest it is quite hard to tell the difference in the photos, they end up looking quite similar, you'll have to trust me about the feel of them.
Do they both have a serial number stamped on the wrist

Do they both have a serial number stamped on the wrist
Yes they do. Even those have minor differences though (slightly difference sized fonts, etc.). And on only one of the gloves (one glove only from one pair), the "Cleto Reyes" logo stamped inside the wrist is quite faint, not as clearly stamped. Probably doesn't mean anything either, but thought I'd mention. I can share photos of these as well if anyone wants to see. Thanks

Last edited:
It’s little hard to tell possible they are just made in different factories at different times? I will same one thing out of the 5 pairs of Velcro cleto Reyes gloves I have owned none of them have weighed the stated weight all were over

It’s little hard to tell possible they are just made in different factories at different times? I will same one thing out of the 5 pairs of Velcro cleto Reyes gloves I have owned none of them have weighed the stated weight all were over
Thanks for your replies, appreciate it. Yea, unfortunately in the photos they actually look quite similar, you have to trust me when I say they are COMPLETELY different when you feel them. They are so wildly different that I can't believe they are the same gloves (unless they did make a major change to their gloves at some point, which I wasn't sure if someone with more knowledge than me would know about).

And yes, I know they are notorious for being overweight, which is almost a bit concerning regarding the pair that does weigh exactly 12oz!

Back