Multiplatform Official Next-gen WITCHER 3 Discussion

I put so much time into the Witcher 3 that I have no interest in replaying it. Which is weird because I've played Skyrim many times and most likely will again. I think maybe being able to create a character gives you more replayability because you can make the game feel somewhat new. I would love to have never played the Witcher and then play it for the first time on PS5, some people are in for a treat.

Unless they fix the combat I'm out (I don't expect they'll mess with it). I loved this game, one of my absolute favorites of last gen. But I downloaded on PS5 just to test the performance and my God the combat is fucking horrific. Everything else in the game is a 10 and the combat is like a 4. If it had good combat it would be the greatest game ever made.

I bought this a few months ago when it was real cheap. I couldn’t get into it. I just didn’t like the feel of everything, from movement to combat.

I bought this a few months ago when it was real cheap. I couldn’t get into it. I just didn’t like the feel of everything, from movement to combat.
Did you get to the Griffin?

That's when I knew I was playing something special-- when I knew it went way above and beyond the previous two. I thought, "Holy shit, this is fucking amazeballs."

I JUST bought it for the PC.

Its not bad, but im awaiting the high scored gameplay to come in any time now. Rdr 2 hooked me a hell of a lot faster.

Like that theres Dying Light music tho...a funner game.

RDR2 hooked my right away and besides some fetch missions I completed all of the side quests for the campaign, but I couldn't get into the Witcher 3 at all. I can admit that I gravitate to western or mafia style stories a lot more than I do fantasy style stories, but I still had a blast with Skyrim. I really wanted to like the Witcher, but it just didn't grab me.

RDR2 hooked my right away and besides some fetch missions I completed all of the side quests for the campaign, but I couldn't get into the Witcher 3 at all. I can admit that I gravitate to western or mafia style stories a lot more than I do fantasy style stories, but I still had a blast with Skyrim. I really wanted to like the Witcher, but it just didn't grab me.
Yeah i dropped that game a while ago. Stuck on the fromsoft games now.

I said this a couple months ago here and was flamed to high heaven by all the resident RPG L.A.R.Pers here.

I could just imagine them sitting at home, surrounded by their Geralt posters and love toys, gnashing their teeth whilst furiously banging away at their keyboards.
Ignoring mama's voice drifting down that dinner was ready.

Beware.

I played and beat the first two Witcher games but never got around to playing the Third until recently. I've had the 3rd game for like 2 years but just never got around to it. Regretted waiting so long. Really loved it. Definitely a big improvement from the first 2 (especially 2). I beat the main story and Heart of Stone but not Blood and Wine yet. I started it but got a little burnt out from The Witcher. Probably because I'm also reading The books now, but I'm gonna try to hunker down and get through BandW as I keep hearing how great it is and that's just the last bit of Witcher left for me to do since I did everything in the base game.

Possibly dumb question... Can we still get the upgraded next gen version if we have a physical PS4 copy?

lol same i quit game at very beginning, probably scene with Griffin or how its called.

Possibly dumb question... Can we still get the upgraded next gen version if we have a physical PS4 copy?

Yeah, you will.

Just pop the PS4 disc into the PS5 and it'll update.

Say what you will about CDPR but they've never charged for updates.

lol same i quit game at very beginning, probably scene with Griffin or how its called.

This is like saying "I started watching Game of Thrones but quit after the opening credits of the first episode."

You have no idea what an awesome game you paid for but haven't actually played.

Hearing how well the ME Legendary Edition works on XBX at 120FPS/1440P makes me curious if CDPR will be able to make Witcher 3 run at that resolution, framerate, and with better textures.

Back