Wonderboys Roundhouse kick is not that great..

The best method of kicking is the Roundhouse kick. And Muaythai's. Styles like Karate and Kung Fu created this kick that was passed in theory. Unlike Muaythai who owes his techniques developed in practical experiences.

When these guys get strong @ Muay Thai, they always look fierce-some.<Watt1>

Yeah I think part of the confusion here is that you're actually not kicking that high with that roundhouse. I have the same problem.. I can kick a front snapping kick to my head height, but my roundhouse is definitely lacking the altitude, so its more of a high body kick.

I actually would like to know some good groin stretches to help that problem if anyone knows some.

I'll have to single something out that's my head level and see how it looks. Pretty sure I can.... but without losing too much form is the big question.. I would have to lean a lot at my present level.

Yes I can do it.

Last edited:
Yes I can do it.

Your recovery is still really bad, so your kick will get countered to easily. Plus you are still throwing your arms around before you kick so anyone half decent will see it coming a mile away and evade

I actually haven't. I'm muscling through it with a certain amount of pace/forward momentum. Do you want to be able to throw a Muay Thai head kick?

Sounds like it might be bad for the joints vs having flexibility for it.

Not sure if you're serious about the mt head kick question.

Your recovery is still really bad, so your kick will get countered to easily. Plus you are still throwing your arms around before you kick so anyone half decent will see it coming a mile away and evade

No. There is a range gap between me, my foot, and the opponent. He cannot reach me with anything. and he cannot do 3 things at once with a leg thrown at him. As long as the leg connects, regardless of if it's in his guard or on his head, there is zero danger involved. The kicker can have his hands tied behind his back.

Sounds like it might be bad for the joints vs having flexibility for it.

Not sure if you're serious about the mt head kick question.

I haven't experienced any joint problems in 5 years. The major downside is that I lose flexibility when fatigued, as opposed to naturally flexible people do not, because they don't generate it with force.

Why did you think the muay thai question was a joke

I haven't experienced any joint problems in 5 years. The major downside is that I lose flexibility when fatigued, as opposed to naturally flexible people do not, because they don't generate it with force.

{<huh}

Yeah, I don't know, if you get older you might find stuff wearing out from things like that. Flexibility and massage is huge for keeping healthy in my experience. Of course testosterone is too, so its all relative.

Look at Ramsey Dewey! Very flexible dude and he's like 40 right?

Why did you think the muay thai question was a joke

Ah I see what you mean, now. I was thinking it might be sarcastic given what I remember of the context of the thread. Doesn't matter. I mean if you had some flexibility tips for it I'd gladly take them! :D

{<huh}

Yeah, I don't know, if you get older you might find stuff wearing out from things like that. Flexibility and massage is huge for keeping healthy in my experience. Of course testosterone is too, so its all relative.

Look at Ramsey Dewey! Very flexible dude and he's like 40 right?

Ah I see what you mean, now. I was thinking it might be sarcastic given what I remember of the context of the thread. Doesn't matter. I mean if you had some flexibility tips for it I'd gladly take them! :D

Do soft circular stretching like painting question marks in the air. Avoid static stretching and avoid hard stretching ..

Do soft circular stretching like painting question marks in the air. Avoid static stretching and avoid hard stretching ..

Hmm, that sounds like it would tighten the hip flexor muscles, so they'd need massage eventually. Those are really hard to stretch, too, imo.

I'd like to get to a point where my groin and hamstrings are just super flexible. Got the hamstrings of death, though. I think I tried working on the forward splits for like a good year with little to nothing to show for it. Might be because I was doing too many deadlifts at the same time, though.

Edit:Had an Uncle who ripped one of his hamstrings, too, so that's got me being very careful about those stretches.

I think BKS Iyengar (basically one of the fathers of modern yoga that doesn't have super crazy stretches) had his hamstrings torn because he was working with his (Iyengar's) sister's husband Krishnamacharya (the father of modern super stretchy yoga) and he couldn't do the splits so Krishnamacharya pushed down on his body while he was trying to do the splits and ripped poor Iyengar's hamstrings. So, then Iyengar branched out and started his own Yoga practice.

Maybe some of us aren't meant to be very flexible in certain areas?

Anyway..

Last edited:
Hmm, that sounds like it would tighten the hip flexor muscles, so they'd need massage eventually. Those are really hard to stretch, too, imo.

it doesn't. you do it lying down. What it does it so create a muscle memory for you in which your hips open up. You won't even think about it, suddenly they are open when you kick.

I'd like to get to a point where my groin and hamstrings are just super flexible. Got the hamstrings of death, though. I think I tried working on the forward splits for like a good year with little to nothing to show for it. Might be because I was doing too many deadlifts at the same time, though.

Not everybody can. Listen to this TKD instructor...

No. There is a range gap between me, my foot, and the opponent. He cannot reach me with anything. and he cannot do 3 things at once with a leg thrown at him. As long as the leg connects, regardless of if it's in his guard or on his head, there is zero danger involved. The kicker can have his hands tied behind his back.

Except for the fact you won't land it because you give off a massive tell before you throw it. Plus the recovery being bad is a massive problem. It doesn't matter what lack of danger you think your range puts you in, look where your leg goes after, you are off balance and out of position. You will find yourself in lots of trouble (which is why you never have any videos of you applying the technique)

Except for the fact you won't land it because you give off a massive tell before you throw it. Plus the recovery being bad is a massive problem. It doesn't matter what lack of danger you think your range puts you in, look where your leg goes after, you are off balance and out of position. You will find yourself in lots of trouble (which is why you never have any videos of you applying the technique)

Nobody steps into a kick he sees coming. he steps out of the way. You said I would get countered. I won't land it and I won't throw it. I suck. Do you feel better about yourself now? I won't throw a head kick ever and if I fight for real, I'll close the gap and grab his throat.

Nobody steps into a kick he sees coming. he steps out of the way. You said I would get countered. I won't land it and I won't throw it. I suck. Do you feel better about yourself now? I won't throw a head kick ever and if I fight for real, I'll close the gap and grab his throat.

Wow, have I touched a nerve? I'm not the one posting a 1 second clip trying to edit a technique to make it look better than it actually is, in hope that everyone will say how perfect it looks.

If you want to improve, then take negative feed back that is honest and try and get better.

I will break it down for you if you want.

You do this before you throw the kick....

Screenshot_20200219_100302.jpg

It's a big tel that you are about to throw a kick, hence why I said, against someone half decent you are not likely to land it.

Then I talk about your recovery. After you kick....
Screenshot_20200219_102354.jpg

your leg Chambers to this position...

Screenshot_20200219_100318.jpg

Bare in mind that the camera is at an angle to the right hand side of where your opponent would be at the start of the kick. They would be stood in their stance directly opposite to where your supporting foot heal is facing. The picture doesnt illustrate very well that you actually just slumped the kicking leg down to the side so it almost looks like you would be kicking someone stood where the camera is. When you look at the picture of the kick, you will get some perspective on had bad the recovery position really is.

Then you chamber finishes at this position...

Screenshot_20200219_100139.jpg

You have completely turned your back on your opponent, with you stance in a weak position, making it unlikely for you to recover in time before someone who is half decent is able to counter you with some heavy hands. This is taking into consideration the extra 'range' you think you are getting from your wider stance and the fact you are landing with your instep instead of your shin.

Don't get so offended because you are having a few flaws that are easily addressed pointed out. If you sort these issues out, it will help you when you are kicking people instead of air.

Air not hit back

Wow, have I touched a nerve? I'm not the one posting a 1 second clip trying to edit a technique to make it look better than it actually is, in hope that everyone will say how perfect it looks.

If you want to improve, then take negative feed back that is honest and try and get better.

I will break it down for you if you want.

You do this before you throw the kick....

View attachment 731803

It's a big tel that you are about to throw a kick, hence why I said, against someone half decent you are not likely to land it.

Then I talk about your recovery. After you kick....
View attachment 731809

your leg Chambers to this position...

View attachment 731805

Bare in mind that the camera is at an angle to the right hand side of where your opponent would be at the start of the kick. They would be stood in their stance directly opposite to where your supporting foot heal is facing. The picture doesnt illustrate very well that you actually just slumped the kicking leg down to the side so it almost looks like you would be kicking someone stood where the camera is. When you look at the picture of the kick, you will get some perspective on had bad the recovery position really is.

Then you chamber finishes at this position...

View attachment 731807

You have completely turned your back on your opponent, with you stance in a weak position, making it unlikely for you to recover in time before someone who is half decent is able to counter you with some heavy hands.

I DONT CARE

Back