Woodley : Im the greatest welterweight of all time .

Arguments like these are so foolish. In four to five years' time, Woodley's competition will be looked at as weak, just like every champion ever. I get it, haters grasp at every straw they can to discredit GOATS, but c'mon, and least try to be creative.

Exactly. If that's how you want to determine GOAT, the next great guy is always the greatest. He gets to work and build off the success and failures of past greats.

What the greatest 1980s player did special, is taught at entry level today.

Nah. But if he beats Tillis, RDA, Colby Boomerang and maybe a revenge match with Rory, he's right behind GSP
Lol something funny just happened. I was scrolling down and saw your comment and right where the 'b' is in 'beats Till' there was like a spot or a smudge right over the b. I'm like look at this dude trying to trick people their monitor is dirty with this dumb ass font. Then I scroll down further and find out there really was a smudge on that spot.

I'm not completely sober and very tired please excuse me for this nonsense.

Not true. GSP was going to fight Woodley before the Maia fight, then Dana flipped out said Tyron lost his chance, and booked GSP vs Bisping

People just conveniently forgot all about it
Yeah and woodley basically declined the fight in the press conference LOL . Saying tell georges to fight bisping because he doesnt want to fight me . He looks for like money fights an ape looks for bananas thats why he is so hated

GSP's first title defense:

(Jon Fitch 18-2 - Undefeated in his last 16 fights. 8 of them in the UFC.)

giphy.gif

Woodley's first title defense:

thompson-pressing-counter-2.gif

Well he should feel that.

GSP is too damn scared to face him and
Rather cherry pick Bisping who was the Forest Griffin of MW divison. Now wanting to fast down to 155 to face Nate or Conor. Willing to do any and everything to not face Woodley after being called out and chased

woodley is obviously better than jake shields because shields never got a UFC belt and he is a PED cheat

woodley is obviously better than robbie lawlor since he absolutely smashed him

pat miletich in WW GOAT talk is a joke

so Woodley is easily top 3 WW GOATS

Well he should feel that.

GSP is too damn scared to face him and
Rather cherry pick Bisping who was the Forest Griffin of MW divison. Now wanting to fast down to 155 to face Nate or Conor. Willing to do any and everything to not face Woodley after being called out and chased
How the fuck is GSP scared to face him ? He has nothing to prove in that division any more you ape turd .

Prime Hendricks finishes Woodley.

People are delusional as fk. GSP dominated his division for YEARS. There was no question. Not a single doubt he was the best and no one was dethroning him.

Woodley hasn't even dominated his own division and has had questionable wins in his first defenses.

People saying Woodley beats a prime GSP are either too young or say it because they know we will never see that fight since GSP is long passed his prime days.

Woodley is already an underdog in his fight tomorrow. It says a lot.
does he ?

Woodley is the superior striker, has far superior grappling, Hendricks was the better wrestler but it would likely cancel out had they fought at their peaks

GSP was the best and has one of the best resumes in mma. That doesn't change the fact that woodley is a tough stylistic matchup for any version of gsp, just as Hendricks was.

Woodley's last performances have a lot to do with the style of opponents he's faced. Both maia and thompson produce many fights which end up looking like that. The bottom line is Woodley has impoved a lot over the years and absolutely is one of the best ww's we've seen thus far

been watching since early pride, far from young to mma. It just seems the dislike towards woodley is causing his overall skillset to be heavily underrated

Darren Till is the future so that's not shocking, whether he's ready yet or not is up for debate but the belief and numbers are behind him for good reason. I could easily see him winning here

GSP was def better relative to his division than Woodley, agreed. But I don't know that the best GSP was going to beat the best TWood. I also believe that skills in MMA constantly evolve so that's to be expected. But if TW has 3 more wins I'm going to feel comfortable saying nobody in the division can beat him.
Did they invent a new punch? A new kick? A new way to defend a takedown? I think people are overstating the "MMA evolves constantly" thing.

Also, 3 more wins that's thinking pretty far ahead into the future. And even with 3 more wins he still wouldn't be close to GSP. That's just how far GSP is from all other WWs.

He has that tiny head, low IQ look to him, but he’s really not dumb at all.

For sure he's smarter than some big eared autistic dimwitted cousion of yours
How the fuck is GSP scared to face him ? He has nothing to prove in that division any more you ape turd .

GSP is a heartless cherry picking joke of a man now. After Usada and he started tapping to strikes he's been fighting like a coward.

Get his nuts out of your mouth, you autistic dimwitted piece of trailer trash

My last response to you. I won't even read any alert from you, so hold this last laugh

does he ?

Woodley is the superior striker, has far superior grappling, Hendricks has the better wrestler but it would likely cancel out had they fought at their peaks

GSP was the best and has one of the best resumes in mma. That doesn't change the fact that woodley is a tough stylistic matchup for any version of gsp, just as Hendricks was.

Woodley's last performances have a lot to do with the style of opponents he's faced. Both maia and thompson produce many fights which end up looking like that. The bottom line is Woodley has impoved a lot over the years and absolutely is one of the best ww's we've seen thus far

been watching since early pride, far from young to mma. It just seems the dislike towards woodley is causing his overall skillset to be heavily underrated

Darren Till is the future so that's not shocking, whether he's ready yet or not is up for debate but the belief and numbers are behind him for good reason. I could easily see him winning here
He is a great WW, one of the best, definitely. But comparing him to GSP or Matt Hughes? Cmon son, let's not over exaggerrate.

Why can't people have a middleground? You have people who hate him and underrate him and since some people hate him others will defend him by overrating him.

Pretty damn delusional. After this weekend, he'll be lucky to not end up in the next "Who is the Buster Douglas of MMA?" thread.

Not true. GSP was going to fight Woodley before the Maia fight, then Dana flipped out said Tyron lost his chance, and booked GSP vs Bisping

People just conveniently forgot all about it
latest

Some people like to form the narrative that GSP ducked Woodley which is hilarious because when GSP announced he was coming back, the plan was to fight Woodley. But then the Bisping opportunity happened and only a dumbass wouldn't go for that opportunity instead.

The best at putting an audience to sleep perhaps.

He is not even the best 170er today. Rory is still active and schooled Woodley with ease.

Back