Woodley vs Lawler 2 is the fight to make

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Woodley vs Lawler 2 is the fight to make. Both guys are unfortunately looking flat these days, and both need a win.

Lawler will get his chance at redemption and Woodley needs a fight in the lower rankings to see if he’s still Top 5 material.

As an huge Lawler fan, this sounds like the right time for this fight.
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

Hell nah.. Lawler is ranked #12 and Woodley is still top 5 at #4.. Lawler can fight Luque, Neal or Magny. Woodley needs to take some time off and maybe he can fight someone like Chiesa later this year.

Im not sure if I want to watch either fighter to fight anymore to be honest. Both guys have not showed any fighting spirit in their last fights.

If Woodley doesn't land a KO shot in the 1st minute, I expect the fight to be complete garbage.

2 guys who like to just take big chunks of the fight off. They'd probably spend 7 minutes just staring at each other.

Lawler is completely shot. Woodley is on his way too.

ranks mean shit
Seriously, when the F has the rankings meant shit in this game. I honestly think this is the only fight that makes sense for Woodley. He's in a bad spot. he just got beat down really bad for 5 rounds, but 10 rounds total in his last 2 fights. Burns might've beat him worse than Usman. He looked completely helpless and looked like a deer in headlights. Kinda sad considering how dominate he was.

Don't know where this is coming from about Lawler. He had an injury against RDA, a controversial loss to Askren after kicking his ass and then gave Covington a really tough fight. That last one was more Covington's merit than Lawler's demerit.

But none of those guys are power punchers. I think Woodley has Lawler's number. Robbie's chin is gone and he can't take those bombs anymore that Burns ate like they were nothing.

I don't care what Woodley is "ranked." He is a fighter that won't fight, that should get him ranked right out of the sport.

I can't see the point of putting two tentative fighters with huge power against each other. Get ready for 15 minutes of circling. Lewis vs. Ngannou Pt.2.

If Woodley is still going to fight he needs to be matched up against someone like Luque, Neko Price, Nate or even Matt Brown that will bring the action to him and leave him no choice but to engage.

Or better yet retire. Mentally Woodley is done. At 38 and having flunked a headliner during Covid, I can't see him getting his motivation back.

Last edited:
I like it both are coming off losing streaks and are clearly passed their primes. If they are still fighting I would like to see a rematch.

Woodley vs Lawler 2 is the fight to make. Both guys are unfortunately looking flat these days, and both need a win.

Lawler will get his chance at redemption and Woodley needs a fight in the lower rankings to see if he’s still Top 5 material.

As an huge Lawler fan, this sounds like the right time for this fight.
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

sure. but this fight is way less interesting than it was last year, when T Wood and Lawler were supposed to rematch.

Hell nah.. Lawler is ranked #12 and Woodley is still top 5 at #4.. Lawler can fight Luque, Neal or Magny. Woodley needs to take some time off and maybe he can fight someone like Chiesa later this year.

Lawler wants none of Geoff's smoke.

To this day, Lawler still bob & weaving and Tyron still frozen in time

Diaz vs. Lawler II

More appropriate ...

Woodley vs. Covington

If ever Woodley would get his motivation back it would be for this ..nobody wanna L from Colby " Zero Personality" Covington

Both Woodley and Lawler deserve much more respect than they are getting in this thread. Altough clearly part their prime, they were really only beaten by formidable opponents (Usman, Covington, Burns). It doesn't mean they are shot or that lesser opponents will be able to do the same (especially for Woodley, I still remember how people thought Till was going to walk right through him).

I think this fight makes sense, maybe not strictly rankingwise, but given their history and where they are in their career. It could be a solid headliner for a FN card.

How does beating someone much lower in the rankings (12) prove you’re still top 5? You totally lost me there.

Hell nah.. Lawler is ranked #12 and Woodley is still top 5 at #4.
Yeah, but he doesn't look like a top 5 guy in the cage. Lawler vs Woodley is the fight to make.

Lawler is completely shot. Woodley is on his way too.
It's the opposite. Woodley is completely shot. His speed has go down quite a bit. And all he had to offer was his speed because he's not technical striker at all. Without his speed he's nothing. So he's the guy that's completely shot.

Lawler is a lot slower than his prime too, but he at least is a technical boxer and can kick also. He can hang with top 10 guys all day. Yeah, he may not win against most of them, but he's a respectable force still.

Last edited:
Back