Work shoes for people on their feet all day?

What is your weight? I always found it was the sole that went first but heavy guys would destroy the foot bed along with the sole.
180lbs I wear a tool belt thought that's probably at least 10lbs. I use a lot of stairs too

Not dress shoes sneakers. I go through Asics like crazy. They are OK but they only last a couple months before I need new ones. Im on my feet all day and walk around pretty much the whole time. Anyone have a recommendation?

I'm a machinist so I'm standing most of the day but my shoes also have to be steel toed.
Currently have Sketchers - super comfortable with memory foam but they started falling apart in just over a month.
Pair before them were Dr. Martens - lasted like 4 or 5 years and just wore out .
Probably the best pair of work shoes I've ever owned

Pq_bhVSs7NRGM1gK2FZBcSp2DRlb7zlY3KCIedvkJ58.png

I’ve been wearing deluth boar skins and I swear they’re the most comfortable work shoes I’ve ever had.

These Hey Dude Wally Stretch shoes are what I wear all-day as I work from home. They're by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. And they're inexpensive & durable too. I've had mine for almost a year & they still look brand new. At $75 they're a terrific bargain. I'm sure they wouldn't be ideal on a work-site but they'd be great to have as the shoe you slip into when you get home from work.
57_7690b475-df0e-4fa1-92f0-a18aa63bfe4c_1200x1200.jpg

Clarks, all day long. And the old Rockport Prowalkers if you can find them. Not the new light ones, but the older ones that hurt like hell for 2 days but then fit like a glove.

For Construction Thoroughgood bout best I can think of. Maybe red wings but they take a while to break in. Keen also a good work boot but doesn't last more than 6 months.

Brooks GTS. Not cheap but worth it. Tons of nurses wear them (which is a good since they normally stand for 12 hours straight)

Have you tried Hoka One Ones, TS? A lot of nurses wear them.

New Balance were the worst. Done in a week. I may have been buying the wrong ones because I hear they're good from others.
I think NB has lines they sell to cheaper stores like Kohls and higher end shit that runners buy.. extremely inconsistent brand, even the sizes are inconsistent.. they used to be great
I switched to Brooks ghost or adrenaline models, or Saucony cohesion runners. The saucony are the most durable imo.

180lbs I wear a tool belt thought that's probably at least 10lbs. I use a lot of stairs too

Try not to listen to this lot, most don't even get out of their mum's basement.

Your weight is okay and you shouldn't have to worry about destroying the foot bed of most trainers....... don't you have to wear toe protection?

Look for something of medium weight, around the 300g mark, sole wear rate and comfort of the foot bed is important but don't neglect the upper, does it need weather protection? Are your feet going to get wet?

There are plenty of trail running shoes out there and reviews to go with.

Altima Maritime:
FT1733_BLK_1500_1.jpg

Comfortable, breath well, and have good traction.

Back