World Lethwei Championship Leduc vs Baczynski Aug 2 4:15am/7:15am PT/ET Live on FP Discussion

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
D_u63lyUYAApE70

Pretty random to see UFC veteran Seth Baczynski on this card. It's amazing how much leithwei and muay thai is shown on Fight Pass nowadays. The UFC's streaming service has to be the number one broadcaster of muay thai around the world now except maybe for the actual over the air tv stations in Thailand that I presume are showing some of these same cards with the Thai commentary teams.

I'm surprised they have lethwei on Fight Pass. The modern UFC has historically tried to emphasise how clean, safe and sporting they are. But, they'll show guys with no gloves headbutting each other.

Pretty random to see UFC veteran Seth Baczynski on this card. It's amazing how much leithwei and muay thai is shown on Fight Pass nowadays. The UFC's streaming service has to be the number one broadcaster of muay thai around the world now except maybe for the actual over the air tv stations in Thailand that I presume are showing some of these same cards with the Thai commentary teams.
UFC fight pass muay thai is more or less irrelevant

It's so unfortunate that the internationalization of these martial arts is gonna lead to lower quality bigger quantity events, and the death of the most competitive circuits in their homeland.

UFC fight pass muay thai is more or less irrelevant
Please explain. It's my understanding that they are just streaming live muay thai cards from the stadiums in Thailand that are already happening with an English commentary team, not putting on their own shows. So aren't these at least some of the same shows that are also being shown on tv in Thailand? Are you saying that these cards that Fight Pass is showing are lesser shows compared to the more important cards on Thai tv that the UFC didn't negotiate rights to? Or are you just anti-UFC and don't like the idea of it?

Please explain. It's my understanding that they are just streaming live muay thai cards from the stadiums in Thailand that are already happening with an English commentary team, not putting on their own shows. So aren't these at least some of the same shows that are also being shown on tv in Thailand? Are you saying that these cards that Fight Pass is showing are lesser shows compared to the more important cards on Thai tv that the UFC didn't negotiate rights to? Or are you just anti-UFC and don't like the idea of it?
I would love UFC Fight Pass to stream high level muay thai fights from thailand, but the events i've seen featured on fight pass were not top tier at all. I haven't seent them all of course so it is possible that i've missed something.

Last edited:
They aren't showing the big promoter cards with the top guys.

Its great that they are showing it period, just putting things in perspective.

Leduc fought Muaythai at 70kg and Lethwei at mostly 72-75kg. Fighting a hard nosed UFC vet at 84kg could give him trouble.

I've never watched a full lethwei fight, but I'll catch this card on a delay at least since they are making it so easy on Fight Pass.

Good God this anouncer. Gonna be fast forwarding ALOT...

They should get the UFC guys who went into bare knuckle boxing to challenge for the title, they would probably agree and bring eyes to the sport. Dave Leduc vs Chris Leben or Dakota Cochrane would be cool. Maybe they could get Matt Brown who was often considered the best MT guy in UFC.

fuckin Robin Black all around the globe ruining mma promotions

Back