Would a prime GSP vs Khabib even be a discussion?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Seriously, wouldn't everyone on the planet pick GSP to jab his face off?

I still think GSP wins a fairly boring fight. No to GSP/Khabib.

GSP arguably has never faced a grappler on the level Khabib's at. The fight would definitely be interesting.

GSP arguably has never faced a grappler on the level Khabib's at. The fight would definitely be interesting.
Khabib is an insanely good grappler
But I think GSP likely fought a couple guys who were nearly as good, if not as good, pure wrestlers as Khabib.

I don't see any particular reason to suspect that Khabib would close distance plus get a body lock plus get prime GSP down, and GSP almost always moved the fight into the area where he had the greatest comparative advantage.

So yeah, IMO it would look like GSP/Kos 2, with perhaps a slightly heavier sprinkling of grappling mixed in.

GSP is way bigger (better leverage) and he is better wrestler. I think Khabib might be a better boxer though. I still take GSP by decision but it might get interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP gets rocked a few times.

GSP is way bigger (better leverage) and he is better wrestler. I think Khabib might be a better boxer though. I still take GSP by decision but it might get interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP gets rocked a few times.
Khabib isn't a better boxer....

You could make an interesting argument about Khabib being a better boxer. His hands aren’t good, but he’s underrated when it comes to footwork, body positioning, head movement and distance control - all things arguably more important than fundamentally sound punching. But GSP has better hands, is as you said bigger, can fight longer and is a much better kickboxer.

Sounds more like a fight than a discussion really.

Oh Jesus fucking Christ. Why do you repeat the same shit we have heard about EVERY fucking rassler/grappler EVER. Is fucking Khabib the God of War Kratos? Because otherwise GSP has gone through his division of wrestlers 2.5 times plus beat MW champs and monster grapplers and Khabibs biggest win is a against a fucking plumber with no TDD.

GSP would have an easier time against Khabib than multiple guys he's fought.

Khabib would get taken down with ease and lose.

I think it's the other way around. Khabib has never faced a MMA grappler on GSP's level. Add GSP's striking and Khabib has no chance.

Back