Would Brock beat Fedor?

In 2009, I don’t think so, but it could be a very close fight. Fedor was declining but not nearly as wild a brawler as he became a couple of years later. Brock would def have size going for him, and Fedor did not initially adjust well to fighting in the cage. Fedor though is generally hard to take and hold down, is very fast in his own right and obviously far superior standing. Tough fight to pick but I’ll take Fedor by TKO.

Fedor would have gotten raped. Brock is a freak and a monster wrestler, meanwhile Fedor can't even beat the middleweight Dan Henderson.

Brock beat one of the hardest punchers of all time in Carwin. Granted Shane was a sitting duck after the first round.

Fedor would definitely finish if he had him that hurt though.

In 2009, if Dana managed to sign this fight.
Fedor would have mauled Lesnar

23ja.gif

Fedor - Couture better

It's possible, Brock is a monster and Fedor wasn't exactly in his prime at that point. But then again Fedor is better than Brock from a pure skills standpoint, so I think both guys had a 50/50 chance of winning. It's a shame that the fight never happened.

I would bet on Brock at that point.

He hadn’t learned that he wasn’t a natural fighter yet, then.

Still, Fedor was still good enough then to have landed the right hand, and been the guy to break Brock mentally.

It’s hard to pinpoint with Fedor, because he kept finding ways to win, but, to my eye, he had started to slide probably with the Coleman fight in the USA. he looked vulnerable against a Mark Hunt that wasn’t serious about MMA. Lindland landed on him enough time to cut him? Arlovski was beating him. I didn’t think he looked great against Rogers, either.

When he came in against Herring and Schultz, the way he looked against Nog and Goodridge, and finally with Crocop. I mean, to me, he looked like a different fighter.

When fighters who rely on speed age and stop training like demons, they often have regular skills to fall back on.

Wanderlei used to wing haymakers faster than most guys jabbed, and he didn’t tire. When he lost that he was a tough dude with a so so chin and a decent all around game.

Roy Jones never got hit. When he slowed, it turned out he was only a really good boxer, and it was evident that his chin was not there with other top boxers.

When Ali slowed, ditto to Roy, except he had a granite chin and an unbreakable heart. But he took beatings, where, in his prime, he barely got touched.

Brock is probably the best example of an elite fighter (he was champ) whom really dislikes getting hit. He was an offensive beast and so strong there is always a chance he’d get anyone down and not sure anyone can get him off. You better have really good bottom submission skills if he gets on top of you. Prime fedor would have likely KO’d Lesnar. I’m not sure 2009 fedor was prime. Also, Brock beat randy and if you ask who would win in 2009 between Randy and fedor you may get some argument.

FINALLY.
I've been waiting for someone to finally start this topic for the first time ever. Thought it would never happen.

Fedor by destruction. Probably similar to the Tim Sylvia fight. Brock was a beast but not a striker. Fedor was competent against strong wrestlers.
Fedor would have hit him early.

Brock got his ass kicked in 50% of his fights.

Nuff said.

Fedor's wrestling IS awful. He got taken down easily many times.

Even Chael said after their fight that he felt that Fedors major weakness was his wrestling and that was the way he could win the fight.
go back to WWE, son.

In a cage in 09, I could see Lesnar giving Fedor some trouble. I would still favour Fedor though.

Back