Would Curtis Blaydes beat prime Fedor?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fantasy matchup, but I got Fedor by first round decapitation

Fedor would struggle against the Top 5 in today's division. Curtis and Lewis are 50/50 fights

Fedor would beat everyone the same imo, his toughest match ups being Stipe and DC if we're talking prime. Werdum was always going to be a tough match up also.

I think Big Nog would also be the #2 HW in the world today if he was in his prime. He probably beats Francis tbh.

Prime Fedor murders all top 10 HW`s. Yes. That includes Ngannou too. Its seems to me you have no idea what kind of beast Fedor was in its prime. Shame on you.

Fedor doesn't deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as Blaydes whose only losses are to the current champ and #1 contender

Fedor has several embarrassing losses to the likes of old mw Hendo, Werdum, Bigfoot Silva, and UFC rejects Mitrione and Bader etc, Blaydes would school Fedor

Fedor is way too fast standing and I don’t think Curtis has good enough entries to take Fedor down at will

Could be tough if Curtis CAN get takedowns. But I don’t expect it. Fedor probably knocks him out early

Worth mentioning that Curtis is probably still improving though

Blaydes could definitely put Fedor on his back for a while but he would likely get subbed or sparked out eventually.

Prime Fedor murders all top 10 HW`s. Yes. That includes Ngannou too. Its seems to me you have no idea what kind of beast Fedor was in its prime. Shame on you.
Prime Fedor with USADA testing probably gets beat by Cejudo.

Probably Fedor wins. Excellent TDD, much better striker, much faster and more versatile. Likely avoids the takedown for the most part and TKOs Blaydes.

Last edited:
Probably yes. Excellent TDD, much better striker, much faster and more versatile. Likely avoids the takedown for the most part and TKOs Blaydes.

You read the question wrong bud. But I get your message. I'm not sure about Fedor's TDD against a guy like Blaydes. I think it's a tough fight for him. Blaydes is pretty much the package I thought it would take to beat Fedor back when. Great wrestler, sub defense? (I don't recall him being in a sub situation at all so I'll give him a check plus there) good cardio and much bigger than Fedor. Great ground and pound.

You read the question wrong bud. But I get your message. I'm not sure about Fedor's TDD against a guy like Blaydes. I think it's a tough fight for him. Blaydes is pretty much the package I thought it would take to beat Fedor back when. Great wrestler, sub defense? (I don't recall him being in a sub situation at all so I'll give him a check plus there) good cardio and much bigger than Fedor. Great ground and pound.
That’s what I get for posting before all my morning coffee is consumed <45>
I’ll edit my post.
But yeah, it’s a compelling matchup for sure. Fedor is definitely the better striker, and quicker. I don’t know that I see Fedor subbing Blaydes, unless it was a Tim Sylvia situation where Fedor rocked Blaydes first and then grabbed a sub. Blaydes’ best chance is what you mentioned—take Fedor down and GnP him. Fedor though has like 83% TDD over the course of his career, and even when taken down was never brutally GnPed by anyone in his prime. Would be a tough, fun fight but I’d lean towards Fedor to win.

Brock Lesnar would eat c level wrestler Blaydes with ez

A guy with Blaydes striking defense will always struggle against explosive and fast fighters and Fedor would be his fastest opponent.

That’s what I get for posting before all my morning coffee is consumed <45>
I’ll edit my post.
But yeah, it’s a compelling matchup for sure. Fedor is definitely the better striker, and quicker. I don’t know that I see Fedor subbing Blaydes, unless it was a Tim Sylvia situation where Fedor rocked Blaydes first and then grabbed a sub. Blaydes’ best chance is what you mentioned—take Fedor down and GnP him. Fedor though has like 83% TDD over the course of his career, and even when taken down was never brutally GnPed by anyone in his prime. Would be a tough, fun fight but I’d lean towards Fedor to win.

Bigfoot took down Fedor and won

Back