Opinion Would George Floyd be alive today, if Derek Chauvin didn't pin his knee to his neck?

Would George Floyd be alive today, if Derek Chauvin didn't pin his knee to his neck?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what do you guys think.

It seems to me its possible he still would have died considering he was high on drugs and had some underlying health issues or maybe the handling of the arrest of George Floyd contributed to his death.

I'm sure George Floyd was in high stress because of the cops presence and their actions and that would certainly strain his heart in some way.

All of it could have contributed to his death.

He certainly had a better chance to live if he didn't meet that pos Chauvin. That being said. I don't really care since he was a pos himself. Best case scenario: they both explode and send pieces of flesh and bones on a stunned crowd.

Maybe, who can say. All I know is that putting your knee on someone's neck for several minutes has never once helped their chances. If he was that fucked up, officers should also be trained to recognize it.

Cant say for certain, but the chances would have been better. That said, i dont care for GF, but i do care about the justice system, and chauvin is a terd.

Probably, yes. But that doesn't make George Floyd some kind of saint, and that doesn't make Chauvin a monster for using an approved technique. People are treating Floyd like a martyr, but the only thing he really died doing was being a complete idiot, putting other people's lives in danger, and running into the wrong cop who wasn't having it. Sad situation all around, but I don't think you can hold Chauvin criminally accountable.

I voted "I don't know". If I had to pick a second choice I'd go with "He'd probably have died that day anyway" based on the fentanyl in his system and known health issues.

There’s no way to say with 100% certainty. However I think the likelihood is that he would’ve lived had he not encountered Chauvin that day.

Back