Would GSP have been able to hold Anderson down for 5 rounds?

DC beat the Hel out of Anderson. Scored it 30-26.

Anderson's TDD wasn't that good.

Against the Chris Weiner, Shael, Hendo, and DC, he was able to get taken down and controlled.

It's been the worse style match up for him, prime or not.
Anderson never struggled with wrestlers. That was just something his haters hoped for. He had one of the best tdd statistics in the UFC in his prime. At 38, Weidman got him, but he was very competitive vs Brunson. Even way past his prime, he did great.

Where did I say it was ok? I’m saying nothing was done with the purpose of gaining an advantage. GSP is a wrestler. He would be negating his own skills. Andy blatantly bathed in it prior to Sonnen 2. He feared the takedown.
Because you think so? GSP was fighting one of the best grapplers in the division, with real dangerous submission. Would he dare to take BJ down if he was not greased?

You know how dumb your claims sound?

GSP did not have the balls to step inside the cage with the Spider
case closed

Because you think so? GSP was fighting one of the best grapplers in the division, with real dangerous submission. Would he dare to take BJ down if he was not greased?

You know how dumb your claims sound?
You sound frustrated. Wasn’t the supposed greasing between rounds? So he didn’t fear BJ in the first round? No, he just beat the shit out of him from bell to towel. He Should have taken a bath in it prior to the fight like Andy.

If he believed he could have, the fight would've happened

You sound frustrated. Wasn’t the supposed greasing between rounds? So he didn’t fear BJ in the first round? No, he just beat the shit out of him from bell to towel. He Should have taken a bath in it prior to the fight like Andy.
I rarely get frustrated discussing people I don’t know, so don’t worry. :) He probably feared BJs guard, And greased because of it, or it was an accident, the same goes for Anderson. It is still the same case, And None of them were punished for it.

I am ending up with a discussion with guys that really feel a personal hate for some fighter they don’t know. It is very strange to me. I am really to old to have these discussions. Good night.

35% chance Anderson finishes him
35% chance GSP decisions him
15% chance Anderson decisions him
10% chance GSP finishes him
5% chance something weird and crazy happens (like injury, DQ, etc.)

I'd give the slight edge to Anderson.

I rarely get frustrated discussing people I don’t know, so don’t worry. :) He probably feared BJs guard, And greased because of it, or it was an accident, the same goes for Anderson. It is still the same case, And None of them were punished for it.

I am ending up with a discussion with guys that really feel a personal hate for some fighter they don’t know. It is very strange to me. I am really to old to have these discussions. Good night.
Nothing personal man. I’m also an old guy myself. I don’t hate Andy. Just feel he’s susceptible to great wrestlers with good or better striking. I think GSP would beat him.
Andy fans are the most viscous on here in GSP hate posts. Good night.
As Conor supposedly said, “it’s only business.”

Nothing personal man. I’m also an old guy myself. I don’t hate Andy. Just feel he’s susceptible to great wrestlers with good or better striking. I think GSP would beat him.
Andy fans are the most viscous on here in GSP hate posts. Good night.
As Conor supposedly said, “it’s only business.”
I am a GSP fan too. Never a hater vs anyone. I believe Anderson beats him :)

GSP’s back was greased to make it difficult for a BJJ practitioner to control a wrestler from guard and to avoid submissions; plain and simple.

GSP would have very likely won without greasing, but to suggest the grease was not an advantage is fanboy ignorance.
Since grease isn’t controllable it seems it would negate his own grappling based game plan.
But we each have our own opinion.
Fanboy? It doesn’t get any more fanboy than an AndersonSilva23 username. But hey, have at it.
Ps- GSP would beat your boy. I firmly believe that.

I am a GSP fan too. Never a hater vs anyone. I believe Anderson beats him :)
I respect that man. If we all shared the same opinion Sherdog would look like this>
54a73c59e1009d5a243e4ec921072923.gif

Yes, with ease. GSP had dominate top control and Silva has never been that good of getting off his back. Based on GSP's stellar record of getting takedowns against guys light years better than Silva in the wrestling department I'm pretty sure that is how this fight would've played out.

You seem like a nice young man who could use some guidance. There’s nothing wrong with being misinformed, you just need some facts to help you make better posting decisions in the future. That’s why myself & a few other posters are here to help you. Here’s a nice read for you.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...-spider-anderson-silva-lost-superfight-quotes

Then you still have a lot to learn old man lmao. You are the guy who honestly believes Dana White hates GSP and thus he would totally ignore business revenue because of his emotions. Can one teach an old dog new tricks? Sadly I am leaning towards no in your case. <45><45>

Then you still have a lot to learn old man lmao. You are the guy who honestly believes Dana White hates GSP and thus he would totally ignore business revenue because of his emotions. Can one teach an old dog new tricks? Sadly I am leaning towards no in your case. <45><45>
So I should take your assumptions more seriously than what Dana repeatedly said about GSP being willing to fight Andy (and he was) in the past? Sounds logical.

Totally, I'm sure that interview was the FIRST TIME he was ever asked or thought about fighting Anderson, that's why he was so thrown off. It wasn't because English is his second language, he's normally eloquent enough to act at the Royal Shakespeare.

This is a silly rebuttal. He's from Quebec. He grew up speaking both English and Quebecois French. Just because his accent sounds foreign to you doesn't mean he isn't as fluent in English as you or me.

The interview is no longer on youtube. This happened 10 or so years ago on HDnet, I believe. Georges answered multiple questions about fighting. He finished one question, the interviewer then asked "would you fight Anderson Silva". GSP's response was "Ahhhhhhhh... gleedagleeda uhhh gleettta eet. Uhh it like... right now... like... right now it makes sense"

He never wanted to fight Anderson. I say again, there is no shame in that.

You obviously lack reading & comprehension skills. I tagged you in an article sighting numerous quotes that GSP was willing to fight Andy. Andy ruined everything with his crackhead clown impersonation against Maia. Get some sleep & read it again later if you can’t grasp that. There’s a video stating it in this thread. Start at 3:20.
Of course he was willing to fight him...

The Anderson that clinched Rich Frankly, no. The current Anderson, probably

So I should take your assumptions more seriously than what Dana repeatedly said about GSP being willing to fight Andy (and he was) in the past? Sounds logical.

Yet again you are selectively choosing what Dana White says to confirm your bias. I honestly cannot teach a guy who isn't willing to learn. If you must know it's a nightmare on my end to see you in this state of mind.

You talk about logic and all which is great by the way, but then when I attempt to drop some logical paths to enlightenment to help you open your mind, you just crap out and revert back to your old state. DANA WHITE HATES GSP. Dana White hates GSP soo much he gave GSP a title shot. He hates GSP so much that Khabib was able to get a new clause into his contract to fight GSP.

How many more accommodations do you want from me..my man? Lmao. Shall I walk you across the street from now on.

Maybe it's time for me to take you out behind the woodshed. <45><Lmaoo>

Back