Would Khabib have stood a change against prime Sherk?

He went to a split decision with Evan Dunham. Get the hell out troll!
Well, ts did say prime Sherk, and Sherk retired following the Dunham fight.

Sherk would be the best wrestler khabibs faced despite being undersized against Khabib, which is what cost him in nearly all four of his losses.

shook

Matt-Serra-vs-GSP-Knockout-GIF-TKO.gif
How original

Sherk would be tough stylistically for Khabib. Strong, really good wrestler, one of the best gas tanks ever @ LW but ultimately Sherk always lost to the top tier fighters he fought (Hughes, GSP, BJ, Frankie). No reason to think hed have pulled it out but hed give him tough rounds for sure

Sherk would do this for 5 rounds:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I would say no. Sherk's wrestling was insane, along with his cardio. He woulda ragdolled the man.

2e35c4d6fef3a59065e6dbeff31d9c6b--mma-boxing-martial-artist.jpg
Sherk would have submitted Stipe, DC, Frank Mir and Big Nog...all in their primes simultaneously. Let me fix my time machine first to be sure...

Under USADA? Khabib would probably run through him like he typically does with most opponents.

Pre-USADA, it'd have been a tough fight similar to Tibau but I'd still pick Khabib for a decision win.

At first I thought you wrote SHREK. In my defense, after that Giant Fruit Training thread we had, no manner of strange question would surprise me on here.

He went to a split decision with Evan Dunham. Get the hell out troll!

Dunham didn't try to wrestle Sherk, if I recall correctly. Sherk would most probably test Khabib, but I believe Khabib would beat Sherk.

We still haven't really seen Khabib agains a top level fighter with high level wrestlers and good hands. That is untested waters for Khabib for the time being.

Last edited:
Prime BJ would also have been a bad matchup for Khabib, I think. Good TDD, good standup and a good and active ground game.

Just imagine a juiced up Khabib, he would be even more dominant.
Big Khabib fan, but Not sure about anyone on that level in UFC being completely clean. Khabib and Russian athletics included. USADA will catch some, but not majority imo.

Sherk gave a massive legit WW wrestler like Matt Hughes all he could handle, he's not worried about the size of some LW.

Muscle Shark also had way better hands, we're talking about a 5'6" guy with a short reach that stood and banged it out with a prime Nick Diaz and came out the victor.
That’s a hot take

Big Khabib fan, but Not sure about anyone on that level in UFC being completely clean. Khabib and Russian athletics included. USADA will catch some, but not majority imo.
Even on the amature levels a lot of dudes are taking "vitamins" , much less on a pro level, cant compete if you dont.

Fight wouldn't happen, because if Khabib was juicing like them guys? He would be at ww rag dolling gsp

Back