Would prime Silva be a 2 division champ in today’s MMA?

Even on all those roids, AS would lose to the Izzy of today, who I will add has improved a lot since he fought Silva. And Jan is no Forest.

Silva sucked early in his career, losing to small weak Japanese men. So it isn't any different that it took those guys a while to get good in MMA.

Unlike the sad haters who always have to beat off over that GSP-Serra GIF, I won't show Anderson getting beat by small Japanese men. But it happened early in his career, just like Serra happened early in GSP's.

Roids or no roids, Anderson wasn't the God people make him out to be. He fought mostly weak competition.

Anderson would not have a belt today, no way no how. USADA would getin the way, but even if it didn't, Izzy would smash him and Jan would squash him like he did Izzy.

Last edited:
I think there would be a pretty good chance of that happening.

no he wouldnt nostalgia goggle bums. Silva is super timid, bisping and weidman both beat him up because they knew how to use fakes and faints and not just come at him directly straight. Israel puts a bad beating on him if he'd fight him seriously and jan sends him back to rio, usman wrestle fucks him

Attachments

• AldoSoy.png
    AldoSoy.png
    178 KB · Views: 1
no he wouldnt nostalgia goggle bums. Silva is super timid, bisping and weidman both beat him up because they knew how to use fakes and faints and not just come at him directly straight. Israel puts a bad beating on him if he'd fight him seriously and jan sends him back to rio, usman wrestle fucks him
Anderson was old in all those fights. It's like saying Sugar Ray Robinson couldn't box because he lost when he was old. Fighters age, it happens. It doesn't mean they weren't good in their prime.

bisping was old too and had 1 eye, silva is a hyper juicer too

Even on all those roids, AS would lose to the Izzy of today, who I will add has improved a lot since he fought Silva. And Jan is no Forest.

Silva sucked early in his career, losing to small weak Japanese men. So it isn't any different that it took those guys a while to get good in MMA.

Unlike the sad haters who always have to beat off over that GSP-Serra GIF, I won't show Anderson getting beat by small Japanese men. But it happened early in his career, just like Serra happened early in GSP's.

Roids or no roids, Anderson wasn't the God people make him out to be. He fought mostly weak competition.

Anderson would not have a belt today, no way no how. USADA would getin the way, but even if it didn't, Izzy would smash him and Jan would squash him like he did Izzy.
What a damn heckin smart post.

probably the best post of today on sherdog.

check that, best post this week.

He’d have more luck in kickboxing than he would in MMA now.

If you're talking all time in regards to Jan, sure. If you're talking about right now, you are unbelievably stupid.

He is unbelievably stupid. He rated Reyes as one of the greatest LHW peaks ever before and even now says hed pick him to beat Jan when he got murked and had nothing for him when they actually fought.

lol what is this bs

Silva didn't have takedown defense nearly as good as Israel

Without steroids, he wouldn't even be top 5.
Even on all those roids,

Roids or no roids,

USADA would getin the way, but even if it didn't, Izzy would smash him and Jan would squash him like he did Izzy.
You know that he was finally cleared, right?

And Izzy couldn't do much against a frail, old Ando. Facts.

Y you say Usman, then that's another story.

I think a prime Spider Silva could be the middleweight champ, but I doubt he could be champ at 205. When you look at his fights at LHW (Irvin, Griffin, Bonnar) all three of those guys were strikers, and not super technical ones at that. That's how Andy got his LHW wins. Put him in there with a 205er with plus stats in takedowns and top control, Silva stands a very small chance.

As for middleweight, different story. I think Silva at his best would be a comparable analogue to the Adesanya of today, but with much better grappling. I can picture a scenario where a young, hungry, and serious Anderson runs through today's middleweights to become champion.

Back