Would The Chris do well vs Prime Hendo/Franklin? (2007-2009)

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I do not think so. Prime Hendo outlasts Weidman’s gas tank and KO’s him in the third round.

prime franklin beats Weidman by UD via superior boxing, footwork, and cardio.

I don’t think Chris would have been consistent enough to secure a title shot during Anderson Silva’s peak/prime around 2007-2009. Similar to Bisping not being good enough to sniff a title shot during Anderson’s peak.

discuss

Yes beats them both more often than not.
Ace nearly every time and Hendo every fight a H bomb don’t land.

I think Hendo knocks him out. I think he out wrestles Rich

Beats them worse than the guy he beat back to back who beat them

Weidman = overrated fighter who only beat past their prime fighters.

He would decision Rich.

Hendo would KO him stiff though.

The Chris doesn’t have the cardio to hold down Hendo for 5 rounds. I doubt he even has the wrestling. Hendo has better creds and actually wrestled in the prime of his MMA career

Hendo would KO him stiff though. The Chris doesn’t have the cardio to hold down Hendo for 5 rounds.

Hendo's secret was he didn't cut weight. He walked around at 185lb-190lb. Chris would have become tired and seen lights.

Rich and Hendo both beat Weidman

Prime Rich and prime Hendo never got KOd 5 times in 6 fights

Beats them worse than the guy he beat back to back who beat them
Weidman beat 38 year old Silva who had been fighting for 17 years with 40+ fights.

To put it in perspective, 35 year old Weidman was KOd 5 times in 6 fights (10 years fighting with 19 fights).

Prime Silva destroys Weidman just as easily as he destroyed Rich and Hendo

Weidman beat 38 year old Silva who had been fighting for 17 years with 40+ fights.

To put it in perspective, 35 year old Weidman was KOd 5 times in 6 fights who had been fighting for 10 years with 19 fights.

Weidman destroyer Anderson back to back.

To put it in perspective, Anderson in his late 20’s was getting finished by Japanese cans. There’s a reason why he was trying to duck Chris. This wasn’t a slow, one dimensional fighter who feared him

I am of the unpopular opinion that Rich and Chris are vastly overrated on these boards in terms of top MW's ever, with Franklin being slightly more overrated. On paper, I think you would have to give it to Chris.

Hendo KO's Chris.

Weidman destroyer Anderson back to back.

To put it in perspective, Anderson in his late 20’s was getting finished by Japanese cans. There’s a reason why he was trying to duck Chris. This wasn’t a slow, one dimensional fighter who feared him
Anderson Silva losing in Pride is irrelevant to his prime/peak in the UFC

It’s not like Silva was already a UFC champion who tapped to strikes vs a 5’5 LW in his first title defense.

To put it in perspective, 35 year old Weidman was KOd 5 times in 6 fights who had been fighting for 10 years with 19 fights.

Weidman destroyed Anderson back to back.

True Welterweight Jake Shields dominated Hendo with wrestling. Pre USADA prime Weidman would dominate him, like he would every other Middleweight of all time.

Last edited:
Back