Would the Jones that KO'd DC beat Santos/Reyes decisively?

I don't think you understand how PEDs work. Its not a pill you take that makes you able to throw a Cro Cop style head kick and when it wears off and hour later you can't kick above your knee. PEDs have a cumulative effect. They allow you to train longer, recover faster and get results that won't come without them. Looking Ripped is much more a function of diet than PEDs. Adding ridiculous amounts of muscle like Bob Sapp is one thing but many PEDs don't solely build muscle.

Look at Vitor. The guy never threw kicks like he did against Bisping and Luke until very late in his career. PEDs allowed him to learn those skills where a man in his late 30's isn't doing that at that high of a level.
I'm just saying, I don't think that KO was a result of Jon being juiced to gills, but more a result of him figuring out how to beat DC after their first fight. He also looked better against Gus the second fight, and finished him, and IIRC that was after all the roid controversy? Even though that was the start of the whole picogram controversy. I just feel like there's more visible decline in long term roid users when they get off of them. I haven't seen that SAME type of decline from Jon. At least physically

Santos maybe
But Reyes showed he is better than him
Better striking technique
Better striking defense
Solid takedown defense
Shitty cardio, but he still won 3 rounds and KD Jones in the 1st
LMAO you're clueless

Reactions: Goh
Reyes style is just going to more awkward for Jones. Jones would probably win, but I dont think he would do it more decisively.

No. Jones and DC are simply mediocre strikers who look bad against guys not afraid of getting taken down. Jones looks particularly bad when he doesn't have 6inch height advantage. Doom would clown Jones bad.

Reyes style is just going to more awkward for Jones. Jones would probably win, but I dont think he would do it more decisively.
what do u mean by that? i have seen reyes in his recent fight being able to create many opportunities due to his great athleticism, but i cant see jan or santos doing the same

Jones is just better than everyone. Deal with it.

He would tear him limb from limb.

I'm just saying, I don't think that KO was a result of Jon being juiced to gills, but more a result of him figuring out how to beat DC after their first fight. He also looked better against Gus the second fight, and finished him, and IIRC that was after all the roid controversy? Even though that was the start of the whole picogram controversy. I just feel like there's more visible decline in long term roid users when they get off of them. I haven't seen that SAME type of decline from Jon. At least physically
No, no, no, if you're in the same room as a steroid nothing you've ever accomplished matters anymore. All those brilliant in ring decisions, vicious knockouts and submissions, all that was from a steroid magically moving your body around all on its own. (see sherdoggers on Anderson Silva for the same reasoning)

Jones' only downfall in the match with Reyes (if you can call it that, since he won anyway) was that he was too conservative, and put too much emphasis on the last two rounds instead of making a statement in one more round. But in any case, Reyes was totally blown up and getting picked apart for those last two rounds and Jones looked like a shark. If fights were six rounds it would've been Jones by KO easily. I wouldn't call those last two rounds 10-8s though, but maybe the judges did. I never looked at the scorecards. I had Reyes winning the first three rounds by one point and Jones winning the last two, so I won't argue with people saying Reyes should have won. I was still way more impressed with Jones' performance, though.

The Jones that faced DC in both fights beats anyone ever. DC also beats anyone ever, including prime Cain or JDS.

what do u mean by that? i have seen reyes in his recent fight being able to create many opportunities due to his great athleticism, but i cant see jan or santos doing the same

I think Reyes would be a tough fight for any era of Jones. Where as Jan ans Santos I think Jones beats pretty easy.

You guys need to stop beating off to Reyes' offense in that Jones fight.

Yes, it was a ridiculously close bout, and yes, Reyes surprised the hell out of me - especially when you realize he lost to Volkan and got that gift decision to get there, showing only half the skill in that fight, which was a good bout.

Maybe you guys should pay as much attention to Jones' defense in the bout. You guys were creaming your pants when Reyes threw that fifteen piece chicken and a biscuit combo in the second and didn't realize Jones dodged most of it and he only landed a few strikes.

And stop with the robbery bullshit. You guys use it far too liberally around here.

Figuring out how to beat someone and having the ability to do it is two different things. Its not like Jon learned how to throw a high kick all of a sudden. But it sure as hell was a lot more powerful than it ever was before.

Not necessarily. Roided Jones had trouble with Gustafsson who is a tall striker and hard to take down (or was). No reason to think he wouldn't have trouble with Reyes.

Last edited:
You guys need to stop beating off to Reyes' offense in that Jones fight.

Yes, it was a ridiculously close bout, and yes, Reyes surprised the hell out of me - especially when you realize he lost to Volkan and got that gift decision to get there, showing only half the skill in that fight, which was a good bout.

Maybe you guys should pay as much attention to Jones' defense in the bout. You guys were creaming your pants when Reyes threw that fifteen piece chicken and a biscuit combo in the second and didn't realize Jones dodged most of it and he only landed a few strikes.

And stop with the robbery bullshit. You guys use it far too liberally around here.
That was a nice defensive sequence from Jones but that wasn't Reyes' best moment. He legit hurt him a couple of times, most notably in the beginning of round 4 where he made him panic wrestle Conor style if you care to rewatch.

I agree it wasn't a robbery but don't act like Reyes didn't hurt him at all and didn't have the best moments of the fight.

That was a nice defensive sequence from Jones but that wasn't Reyes' best moment. He legit hurt him a couple of times, most notably in the beginning of round 4 where he made him panic wrestle Conor style if you care to rewatch.

I agree it wasn't a robbery but don't act like Reyes didn't hurt him at all and didn't have the best moments of the fight.

I didn't imply what you typed in your last section. There is just a lot more nuance to that fight than people bring up. Reyes did very well. Jones did too. He also won the championship rounds. I have no issues with either guy being awarded that fight.

Back