Would Tony/Khabib stand a chance against PRIME BJ?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
People say GSP is goat MMA fighter. Yet, he needed every play in the book to barely beat BJ the first time around. He was bigger, stronger, had to resort to greasing. Simply put, BJ in his short timeframe was the most feared LW of all time.

How would Tony and Khabib deal with that kind of skill?

Both of them would spank any version of Blowjob Penn

Different times, but BJ in his heyday was a fucking force.

Relentless and fearless.

I imagine though that MMA training as whole has evolved and BJ would likely get beaten by Khabib.

Tony would beat him with speed and unorthodox striking and angles.

P.s. love the Toner-esque GSP troll.

BJ is an appropriate name cause compared to Tony/khabib he sucks

MMA has continue to evolve.

Tony and Khabib would beat prime BJ.

BJ at his best was around the level of Frankie and Bendo. I believe Frankie fought him when he was fairly close to his best. The game has moved on since then especially at LW.

BJ never trained enough. He relied on natural talent and toughness. I think he has a chance against Tony, but not likely Khabib. And I think Tony has a decent chance against Khabib if they fight before he is 40. Sometimes different guys have the edge in different fights.

Prime Penn subs Tony and Ko's Khabib, no chance Khabib can take Penn down his TDD was too good

Its easy to say todays fighters would always beat yesterdays but we will never know. MMA has not evolved that much in the last 10 years as some would like to believe. It would be interesting prime bj vs khabib.

BJ would have a chance in the first round and maybe the second. Don't forget that prime BJ was incredibly difficult to takedown. Randy Couture famously espoused this point of view. I also believe BJ had better hands than Khabib.

What would happen if Khabib took BJ down, thats one of the main questions. BJ had slick and unorthodox BJJ but Khabib is a monster. Could BJ manage to get back up...? Or avoid getting mauled? It would probably look similar to the second GSP fight, getting beat up by a stronger fighter with good GnP, if I had to guess.

Standing BJ has a good chance vs Khabib. BJ managed to give hell to a lot of fighters in the earlier rounds... GSPx2, Fitch, Diaz, Hughes, etc. Who are all WW and maybe similar size to Khabib.

Fan of all three!

BJ penn is a bad match up for Khabib but at the end of the day who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back