Would Usman beat the prime versions of Condit and Diaz?

The strongest most impressive asset of Usman that may just outweigh his physical talent in his ironclad mindset

haven't seen even an inkling of this guy getting close to ever breaking not that he's ever been there really but you can tell the dude works his ass off and really believes in himself

Nah, that's too far imo. Usman by wrestling clinic over either, including possible TKO from gnp. But he's not better than either guy everywhere. Both the NBK and Nick are better on the feet than Usman. Not saying he couldn;t hurt them or even win a striking battle, but that would be far from a sure thing.
Usman finished Colby, Burns, and Masvidal by ko/tko. I don't see Nick having any path to victory besides a hail mary sub. Condit is dangerous I can concede but Usman is just too good at this point.

Last edited:
Giving up a lot of takedowns was the deciding factor in every one of Condit's losses prior to his decline (excluding the knee injury vs Woodley). I'd like to say that he could push the the action and eventually land something to finish the fight like he did against Rory, but it's unlikely. NBK would probably be on the receiving end of a loss via UD.

Usman finished Colby, Burns, and Masvidal by ko/tko. I don't see Nick having any path to victory besides a hail mary sub. Condit is dangerous I can concede but Usman is just too good at this point.

Condit lost to GSP, Hendricks and Woodley. He didn't match up well with wrestlers. Going much further back, he also lost to Pat Healy and Jake Shields. He was a good fighter in his prime and had more 1-punch KO power than Nick...but didn't have the strong TDD/wrestling background AND huge power of Hendricks, which would be a much bigger threat to Usman. Nick never matched up well with wrestlers either...unless they had really bad submission defense. He was outgrappled by Diego Sanchez....I just can't imagine what he could do vs. Usman, a guy with a great chin, the cardio to go 5 rounds and the powerful wrestling and "wall-n-stall" against the cage to keep Nick trapped the entire fight.

Condit lost to GSP, Hendricks and Woodley. He didn't match up well with wrestlers. Going much further back, he also lost to Pat Healy and Jake Shields. He was a good fighter in his prime and had more 1-punch KO power than Nick...but didn't have the strong TDD/wrestling background AND huge power of Hendricks, which would be a much bigger threat to Usman. Nick never matched up well with wrestlers either...unless they had really bad submission defense. He was outgrappled by Diego Sanchez....I just can't imagine what he could do vs. Usman, a guy with a great chin, the cardio to go 5 rounds and the powerful wrestling and "wall-n-stall" against the cage to keep Nick trapped the entire fight.
His loss to Kampmann was also decided by takedowns. It was really frustrating to watch. Condit was winning the striking exchanges, then he would repeatedly move in and attempt to grab Kampmann in a Thai clinch. Kampmann took him down every time he tried it.

Alright with this thread and the thread saying there’s a good chance Royce Gracie would submit Ngannou, I now know you more either a total boomer or troll

Yeah ok He went right through Woodley and Burns and destroyed Covington and Masvidal because he's the foremost MMArtist in the UFC right now Everything is up with this guy since he entered Whitman.....kicks and punches He barely even wrestled He just has to feint wrestle to get what he wants now

He's going to embarrass Covington on the next go around. the guys on his way to becoming the most dominant champ the UFC has ever had jmho
{<jimmies}
Sure he is.
Just like Woodly was.

Marty better stick with fighting 155ers

Yes and it wouldnt be close

Imho he beats the piss out of both whether standing or deciding to wrestle

Condit has atrocious TDD, that's not going to work in his favour against Usman.

Usman would lose to prime Jake Shields don't @ me <28>

Not that cut and dried IMO. GSP had tremendous timing. Usman probably more pure strength and punching power but GSP was a powerhouse of functional strength, agility, etc.

What's the difference between "pure strength" and "functional strength" ?

This has to be a troll. No way anyone thinks that either of those guys would have anything for Usman, lol.

I think both diaz and condit would pose problems for usman....fans keep comparing usman to gsp but his skill set doesn't even equal gsp's yet, I would even go as far to say that gsp at 40 his current skill set would at least be on par probably still better in certain area's than usman.

I don't think it would be a close fight between prime gsp and current usman's skill set....gsp was too sharp, quick, had the reflexes, you would see gsp outclass usman....I believe this fight would be kos vs gsp 2, it would be gsp putting on a clinic on usman to most likely a decision win.

also are we talking current diaz and condit or prime when they were fighting gsp, if you are talking about past versions of those guys then yes I believe 100% those guy would pose problems for usman. However if usman fought those guys now I would say usman would likely win.

Back