Would Usman beat the prime versions of Condit and Diaz?

Askren's chin is smarter than we gave him credit for, he had the foresight to make a burner obviously.

Oh good God yes to both... And I love Condit but no way is he going to deal with that grappling/pressure.

I think both diaz and condit would pose problems for usman....fans keep comparing usman to gsp but his skill set doesn't even equal gsp's yet, I would even go as far to say that gsp at 40 his current skill set would at least be on par probably still better in certain area's than usman.

I don't think it would be a close fight between prime gsp and current usman's skill set....gsp was too sharp, quick, had the reflexes, you would see gsp outclass usman....I believe this fight would be kos vs gsp 2, it would be gsp putting on a clinic on usman to most likely a decision win.

also are we talking current diaz and condit or prime when they were fighting gsp, if you are talking about past versions of those guys then yes I believe 100% those guy would pose problems for usman. However if usman fought those guys now I would say usman would likely win.

What aspects of their game do you see giving Usman serious trouble? Because from where I'm sitting, Usman seems to be a horrific stylistic challenge for them and both guys arguably lost to lesser fighters with broadly similar skill sets to that of Kamaru.

usman would finish both not go to boring decisions unlike gsp did

100%, yes. He’d have trouble with pre-USADA Hendricks and prime GSP likely beats him but besides that, I don’t see many others giving him a lot of trouble.

Pre-USADA Hendricks had shitty cardio and struggled with every wrestler that he fought save for Fitch.

Hendricks lost to Rick Story, and had to struggle to beat a past prime Koscheck and fringe contender in Mike Pierce.

The current version of Usman is a nightmare match up for him.

usman would finish both not go to boring decisions unlike gsp did

ya if you think so...i don't think usman would finish those two guys that easily, and actually if you don't think diaz back in his prime could submit usman you are wrong....usman's current bjj is shit compared to what gsp's was way back then needless to say diaz.....different era man, you can't say he'd destroy those guys for sure.

Back