Would Valentina beat Canelo in an MMA fight?

Even if she manages to take him to the ground somehow he would still hurt her from the bottom with his punches like kimo did to Royce Gracie, worse actually. She has never been hit by a 170 pound male that knows how to punch. Even if he can't put much power there from the bottom, it would still shock her and he may end up on top throwing leather on her while she desperately covers because she cannot handle that much power. Or he would simply take advantage, push her and get up with no technique like Derrick Lewis does and she would be terrified of even getting close after that.

The difference between male and female is huge. Look at Ostrovich, a grappler on the same division. She was crying and begging in that audio to her hubby, a 125 fighter. You don't think he hits harder than Canelo, right? And do you think he had to "outgrapple her in a fight" before she started crying and started begging him to stop punching? No, he just started punching and she froze because she is not used to be hit with that kind of power. And that dude is 40 pounds smaller than Canelo.

Boxers suck in a real fight against an MMA fighter. They've always failed in MMA. Moreno would easily handle Canelo. But a woman against a man that knows how to punch? No contest, man. Too much disadvantage. There is just no way outside a lucky submission at the beginning.

I would say that's slightly different as the dude can grapple too. If Valentina gets him down and chokes him as he tries to get back up I don't think he'd have the technique to get out.

You don't think Valentina could take down a 180lb dude with zero takedown defense?

Have you ever grappled before? 250lb white belts get taken down and submitted in every BJJ school by guys way smaller
A sherdogger got tapped by a 115lbs girl. Nuff said.

The bit you replied to me in initially was me talking about that, that's all.

Canelo depends on whether she can get him down before he connects. If she can get him down via a trip of some kind (which she's exceptionally good at) then I don't see how he could get up personally, because he's more than likely completely useless on the ground.
There's a pretty big size difference and strength difference. I think unless she were to get hooks or an RNC almost immediately he would probably be able to power up out of.

Also the notion the fight would happen is silly and even more silly to think that if it did Canelo wouldn't train on TDD & getting up. With his size and strength advantage he would probably be able get up with some pretty basic training.

I've wrestled and coached for 30+ years. I have seen big guys with little training just get up with a smaller , but skilled grappler on them. Yes, generally speaking the skilled guy is going to take down the bigger guy but keeping them down is significantly harder.

Not downplay Nunes but she is elite skilled, for a woman. Which isn't the same as a male fighter in the UFC. I would doubt that any 140 lb dude walking on the street would have any luck taking on a UFC guy at 125, heck even an average 185 pound guy wouldn't do well. But there is still a huge gap between skill level of women and men in MMA, and you add on the size/strength difference .....

I have no doubt she could beat up the average pussy walking around the street. Most average guys aren't in shape, never been in a fight and have no training. So I sure as hell the GOAT female fighter could kick their ass.

There's a pretty big size difference and strength difference. I think unless she were to get hooks or an RNC almost immediately he would probably be able to power up out of.

Also the notion the fight would happen is silly and even more silly to think that if it did Canelo wouldn't train on TDD & getting up. With his size and strength advantage he would probably be able get up with some pretty basic training.

I've wrestled and coached for 30+ years. I have seen big guys with little training just get up with a smaller , but skilled grappler on them. Yes, generally speaking the skilled guy is going to take down the bigger guy but keeping them down is significantly harder.

Not downplay Nunes but she is elite skilled, for a woman. Which isn't the same as a male fighter in the UFC. I would doubt that any 140 lb dude walking on the street would have any luck taking on a UFC guy at 125, heck even an average 185 pound guy wouldn't do well. But there is still a huge gap between skill level of women and men in MMA, and you add on the size/strength difference .....

I have no doubt she could beat up the average pussy walking around the street. Most average guys aren't in shape, never been in a fight and have no training. So I sure as hell the GOAT female fighter could kick their ass.

Yeah I think we're on the same page. I think the thread was assuming he didn't get to train for it. If he practices choke defence and get ups (I doubt she's strong enough for a break submission) for a camp then I'm very confident he'd win.

If they were to fight right now, then I'm not sure how it'd go. But it's obviously completely and utterly hypothetical.

Lmao.

So you still want to talk nonsense?

Ok, Lightheavyweight is 178 pounds in olympic-style amateur boxing, since I actually follow boxing unlike you google and learn it, I actually follow olympics, and for once I mistake it with the olympic boxing,

Here, LHW is 178,

In Olympic-style amateur boxing the weight divisions for men are:

• light flyweight, not more than 108 pounds (49 kg)
  • flyweight, 115 pounds (52 kg)
  • bantamweight, 123 pounds (56 kg)
  • lightweight, 132 pounds (60 kg)
  • light welterweight, 141 pounds (64 kg)
  • welterweight, 152 pounds (69 kg)
  • middleweight, 165 pounds (75 kg)
  • light heavyweight, 178 pounds (81 kg)
  • heavyweight, 201 pounds (91 kg)
  • super heavyweight, any weight over 201 pounds (91 kg)
Happy now? Did you learn why I made a 3 pounds mistake now? <45>

There is a 178 pounds Lightheavyweight boxing division, and I never said it's pro, perhaps I meant olympic boxing how about that? ;)

I literally said before you must be talking about ammy boxing which Canelo is obviously not. You just can't stop saying dumb shit.

No, he fought at 175 because that's what LHW is. You're thinking ammy's lhw. Why open your big mouth when you don't even know what you're talking about?

Nonsense as usual. You didn't say anything about ammy lightheavyweight boxing is 178 pounds, so stfu and stop trying to get my attention over something as insignificant as 3 pounds difference you troll.

No, he fought at 175 because that's what LHW is. You're thinking ammy's lhw. Why open your big mouth when you don't even know what you're talking about?

That was literally my first post to you. How fucking retarded can you possibly be over and over and over? It's hilarious!

This thread is about CANELO vs Shevchenko.

I think at least 90+% of AVERAGE men get destroyed by Val, no question about it.

But Canelo is everything but average.

First, he is an ELITE ATHLETE.
Second, he is not only that, he is a world class BOXER.
And then he has a HUGE size advantage against Shevchenko.
And then he is a male.

Canelo is a BIG favorite against Shevchenko in an MMA match. Of course, it would never be sanctioned.

Back