Would you be interested in a Mystery Card?

Judoka1532

Judoka1532
@Brown
Reaction score
So I was discussing with somebody recently about the idea of throwing together a card where the fighters are unknown before the fight.

Let's say UFC 250 ? VS ?

You could have the early prelims and the prelims public. But what if the main event was a mystery? 5 fights, 10 fighters unknown. They would still weigh in privately, but the camps would have to keep it under wraps. If done properly, it could be a big money maker for the UFC. Fans would draw a lot of attention to it before the fight and who couldn't resist turning in to see who's fighting?

I know the idea of promoting the fight might be an issue, but the ufc could promote the hell out of it an pull it off. Idk, it's something different that I thought of.

I’d be interested. But if you actually
had a fighter with a name it wouldn’t make sense.

But if it’s like back when UFC has Joanna/Penne headline fight pass that could’ve been a really cool mystery fight/event.

If they did it, I would start with some banger mystery fights (not a full card). People like Mike Perry and Jeremy Stephens that are action fighters but not huge names. Word gets around that UFC is putting on some great mystery fights than there’s expectations and they could probably run a mystery event that’s a lot of fun.

A lot of people would hate it too though.

Back