Opinion Would you call this an example of "FLIGHT PRIVILEGE"?

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
My take: ANYONE who berated and verbally assailed him for not giving up his seat are FUCKTARD extraordinaires.

FUCK that "flight privileged" family. (coincidentally, I believe that retard family is white)

What say you?

I just deleted the link to the site, as a person in this thread said that Norton gave them a warning about the site. That said, I am sure there is nothing wrong, but I am airing on the side of caution.

Man 'treated abhorrently' on plane for refusing to move for family asks 'was I wrong?'

A man has said flight attendants gave him "abhorrent service" after her refused to budge and move seats on his plane so a family could sit together.

The man was on his second 10-hour flight of the day and had planned ahead and paid extra for a seat at the front for its precious extra legroom.

But his refusal to swap seats with a family of six looking to sit together left him getting the cold shoulder from passengers and flight attendants alike.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Link

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/15849482/plane-seat-legroom-give-up-family/

Man who’d paid for extra legroom refuses to move so family can sit together on flight – but was he in the wrong?

A PASSENGER has divided opinion after he refused to move seats so a family could sit next to each other during a flight.

The man, who had paid extra for a seat with legroom at the front of the plane, was asked to give up his seat for a family of six.

However, he refused to move for the 10-hour flight, and said he was given dirty looks for the rest of the flight.

He wrote on Reddit: "I paid a small amount extra for a seat that is in the front of the cabin - the coach seat that has a wall in front of it and extra legroom because it's my second leg in a 20-hour total trip.

"Two adults, two children (8ish?) and two infants would like to fill this row of four.

"Two adults with one infant each in the bassinet in front of them, and the two middle-schoolers. The attendant asked if I would move to a similar seat so they could sit together.

"I said, 'but I paid extra for this seat.' The response was that the other seat was the exact same, so sure."

However, he said that it was the same aisle seat and class but had no legroom, so he said he wouldn't move, resulting in one of the kids sitting by themselves.

He then said that flight service was "abhorrent" and that staff forgot to serve him.
While he said he was treated badly, most Reddit users agreed he did nothing wrong.

One person wrote: "You paid more and planned ahead. They didn't. Too many parents think the rest of us will just give them want they want even if they don't pay or plan for it."

They also said that flight crew should have offered a better seat in a better class if they wanted him to move.

Another person said: "I would have tried to sell them my extra legroom seat."

However, some families said that even if they book seats, they can be split up: "Unfortunately, I, and lots of other parents, have booked seats together just to have the airline separate us.

"I've had this happen even when I've paid more for certain seats."

Someone else agreed, saying: "It's not always possible to book an entire row, sometimes the best option is 3/4 and hoping someone will switch with you."

Despite this, others shared their own bad experiences when flying: "Someone on a flight asked me not to order the chicken because their child next to me is a vegetarian."

Last edited:
Norton gave a warning on that site.

You say "assail", was he actually assailed? Because if he got attacked for not giving up his seat he should sue for a fucking billion dollars.

Based on the article, no I don't think he was wrong. He had every right to say no. He paid extra for legroom, and they wanted him to move to another seat that didn't have the legroom. Now, I probably would have moved simply so I didn't look like an asshole, but I kind of resent the idea that I'd look like an asshole for staying in the seat I paid for. Shitty situation to wind up in.

Based on the article, no I don't think he was wrong. He had every right to say no. He paid extra for legroom, and they wanted him to move to another seat that didn't have the legroom. Now, I probably would have moved simply so I didn't look like an asshole, but I kind of resent the idea that I'd look like an asshole for staying in the seat I paid for. Shitty situation to wind up in.
I hope he can make a case that the attendants gave him reduced service, because that will land him some serious cash.

My take: ANYONE who berated and assailed him for not giving up his seat are FUCKTARD extraordinaires.

FUCK that "flight privileged" family. (coincidentally, I believe that retard family is white)

What say you?

https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/travel/man-treated-abhorrently-plane-refusing-21290918

Man 'treated abhorrently' on plane for refusing to move for family asks 'was I wrong?'

A man has said flight attendants gave him "abhorrent service" after her refused to budge and move seats on his plane so a family could sit together.

The man was on his second 10-hour flight of the day and had planned ahead and paid extra for a seat at the front for its precious extra legroom.

But his refusal to swap seats with a family of six looking to sit together left him getting the cold shoulder from passengers and flight attendants alike.

Why did you feel the need to point out the race of the family?

You say "assail", was he actually assailed? Because if he got attacked for not giving up his seat he should sue for a fucking billion dollars.
He should sue regardless, for discriminatory treatment. He should publicize the airline involved, so that they get shit P.R.

"I said, 'but I paid extra for this seat.' The response was that the other seat was the exact same, so sure. It was not the exact same. It was the same chair, aisle, and class, but it was not with the extra legroom. I said, 'absolutely not.'

From now on everyone needs to carry measuring tape on flights to make sure the airlines aren't trying to rip us off.

...........oh wait

If he paid extra money for leg room, then why does he need to move?
By the way, he never mentioned if it was in the same row.

My take: ANYONE who berated and assailed him for not giving up his seat are FUCKTARD extraordinaires.

What say you?

https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/travel/man-treated-abhorrently-plane-refusing-21290918

In principle he was right, but being right doesn’t preclude a person from being a monumental asshole about it.

Without knowing exactly how he went about asserting his right, it is impossible to judge why the rest of the passengers and the crew treated him badly.

What say you?

What does race have to do with this?

I have long legs so if it's a long flight like this one (10 hours) there is no way I'm giving up my aisle seat or my seat with extra leg room. If it was under 3 hours I would probably accommodate the family.

Was it a white guy? Well then he’s the only kind of person It’s legal to be rude to, so people will look to take out frustrations on him. Possible it wasn’t, but I’d say about a 97% chance he was.

2nd 10-hour flight? Geezus

No way in hell Im giving up the spot if thats the case, family can kiss my arse. They knew they wouldnt be sitting next to each other when they bought the damn tix, dont act like a douche cause when you asked in person you didn't get the selected seat you wanted/needed.

Why did you feel the need to point out the race of the family?

Excuse me?

Did you actually read the post?

"Flight privilege" takes on a dual meaning because said family is apparently white.

Duh.

It's a PUN.

You are correct. I should have said "verbally assailed", as assail by itself is misleading. I'll change it now.

You are correct. I should have said "verbally assailed", as assail by itself is misleading. I'll change it now.
I wasn't calling you out, I just didn't know.

Regardless, if he experienced any diminished service from the flight attendants he should sue. That's bullshit of the highest order.

People just whining and bitching? They'll do that.

Back