Opinion Would you call this an example of "FLIGHT PRIVILEGE"?

Did you not see who the TS is?

If it wasn't a white family, he'd make the thread saying the guy was a white supremacist trying to separate families of color.
This is so accurate that I'm not sure its funny or not.

Excuse me?

Did you actually read the post?

"Flight privilege" takes on a dual meaning because said family is apparently white.

Duh.

It's a PUN.
You are a ridiculous person, no way this is anything but a character you play for jollies.

You read the article that a kid was separate from the rest of the family, yeah? Now im not sure why that is, but the article does state it.
The parent could have sat where the kid sat no? Seems like the parents didn’t want to volunteer to watch the kids for 10 hours. I would have told my wife to sit alone and relax for the flight. I can watch the kids. I wouldn’t expect anyone to move from a seat that they paid extra money for.

The parent could have sat where the kid sat no? Seems like the parents didn’t want to volunteer to watch the kids for 10 hours. I would have told my wife to sit alone and relax for the flight. I can watch the kids. I wouldn’t expect anyone to move from a seat that they paid extra money for.

I'm not saying I would expect the guy to move, but the people to blame are the airlines in situations like these. Sucks for everyone involved. The guy of course did not deserve to be treated differently. Now why a parent did not set alone? Not sure. Id never volunteer to watch the kids for my wife xD

I'm not saying I would expect the guy to move, but the people to blame are the airlines in situations like these. Sucks for everyone involved. The guy of course did not deserve to be treated differently. Now why a parent did not set alone? Not sure. Id never volunteer to watch the kids for my wife xD
Just read it was two infants. So it’s best that the middle schooler sat alone.

The man should be commended for not having 6 kids. Adding 6 kids to an already ridiculously over-populated world should not grant any family special privileges and entitlements. If anything, the parents should have been treated abhorrently for selfishly having so many children.

The world isn't actually over populated, it's just very badly managed.

Our Agriculture infrastructure isn't even close to full production. We could easily feed several more billion people and have ample supply for animal Agriculture with current technology.

The world only seems overpopulated to some because 98% of the world's human population is trying to live on about 3% of the Earth's land mass (NYC, LA, London, Tokyo, Beijing, Sydney, etc).

If people want to have kids, good for them. It's not your place to say what their family should do one way or another.

Im going to go out on a limb here and say the isle without extra room wouldnt fit a bassinet? also, I had my seat changed at 3AM two days ago on a flight with my 1 year old, switch from window to the middle seat. could you imagine how bad it would be for everyone involved if they didnt accommodate me to an isle that was empty?
But like others said, that is on you for poor planning. not on someone else to accommodate you if they dont choose to. fortunately there were empty seats for you.

i am 6'3 and i always get the extra legroom when i can. A few years ago my ex volunteered us to a family to switch seats so they could all be together. i was pissed. she is 5'2 so of course it is no big deal to her

Our Agriculture infrastructure isn't even close to full production. We could easily feed several more billion people and have ample supply for animal Agriculture with current technology.

The world only seems overpopulated to some because 98% of the world's human population is trying to live on about 3% of the Earth's land mass (NYC, LA, London, Tokyo, Beijing, Sydney, etc).

If people want to have kids, good for them. It's not your place to say what their family should do one way or another.

It is badly managed and I highly doubt the people in charge will get over their lust for greed and power so it can be managed properly. We should be figuring out how to better manage the planet and the people we do have before we continue adding to the already enormous population. The way things are going we are much better off reducing the population through lower birth rates considering just how badly we are mismanaging things. There will be far less people suffering in the world. A family with two kids might be able to have more, but the parents probably don't have the emotional maturity, mental capacity and energy necessary to have more children. That is where we are at now. I don't believe we have the collective maturity to deal with the almost 8 billion people we have now.

And it is not just about overpopulation. There is also the emotional and mental health aspect. There are far too many children growing up in terrible homes where they are emotionally, physically and sexually abused. The "It is none of your business" argument is plain foolishness. A child coming into the world is everyone's business because he or she will eventually be making an impact on others and the planet. There should be a lot more discussion and education when it comes to raising children properly and how many children a couple should have. It is far too easy to have children, but it is extremely difficult to raise them. We should be doing everything we can to make people think more about what it means to have children and what it takes to raise them properly before they start having them.

Last edited:
Based on the OP, the guy did nothing wrong. If anything, the airline staff wronged him. Assuming he should give up his seat, and then acting like a bunch of c****, because he wouldn't, shows a total lack of professionalism, and basic human decency.

Just another in the line of examples of (ostensibly) single/childless people getting treated like second-class citizens, relative to people eat up resources disproportionately, and litter the planet with more people, the world doesn't need.

One of the rare examples when the WR is in majority agreement. Nice to see reason prevail.

He planned ahead and paid extra. The parents could learn something from the guy apparently. A family of 6 should also be planning ahead ffs.
At the risk of being offensive, I'm going to speculate that critical thinking and planning ahead is not strong suit of this family.

The world is overpopulated. Just because the world can sustain a population of 10 billion, does not mean its optimal for standard of living.

And let's assume your statement is correct. The world is still overpopulated, by virtue of the infrastructure not being designed to support that level of population density.

The world is overpopulated. Just because the world can sustain a population of 10 billion, does not mean its optimal for standard of living.

And let's assume your statement is correct. The world is still overpopulated, by virtue of the infrastructure not being designed to support that level of population density.

It's absolutely NOT overpopulated as the other person said.

Stop reading bad info.

At the risk of being offensive, I'm going to speculate that critical thinking and planning ahead is not strong suit of this family.
How dare you! These wily strategists did book the same flight, to the same place and at the same time for the whole family. And that's a clear sign of nimble minds. Their bold move to strongarm strangers into folding to their demands indicates lateral thinking and the ease by which they convinced the air waitresses to take up their cause shows keen understanding of the human condition. If only the allies had such brilliance to help! WW2 would have been over in just a few days.

Or they're self centered pricks with entitlement issues. Don't know. I keep going back and forth. o_O

It's over-populated. Just because you can squeeze even more people in , doesn't change the fact that many species are threatened because of human encroachment, and lack of water is a major issue in many regions.

More people in Ameirca leads to more traffic congestion, less outdoor space, smaller yards. Not to mention more energy consumption, more pollutants released into the atmosphere and faster resource depletion.

Last edited:
So the family didn't plan in advance and didn't bother paying more to book specific seats in order to avoid this issue; they just felt entitled that random people would cater to their needs and fix the issue for them. Lol, sounds about right - fuck em. I hope their snivelling little 8-year old, which isn't even that young, learned a coping skill or two being more than an arm's length away from mommy and daddy for a few hours, how horrible.

Back