Would you give up your self identity and memories to have a second chance at life?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretend that in the future, we will be able to build simulations that give you a chance at a second life starting from being born as a baby. However, to be "reincarnated" you would have to give up your current sense of self and memories. Would you do it?

If no, what if you were on your death bed? Would you then give up your "soul" for a new one? Or would you choose to die as who you are?

You just described the life were currently living
Hope I don't fuck my next one up this badly though

In a second no doubt

Easiest decision i would ever make

Hands down yes... not going to elaborate lol

On death bed yeah, currently no. Id never give up my soul, I have a spare one anyway. Traded a cookie for my friends soul in elementary school.

Pretend that in the future, we will be able to build simulations that give you a chance at a second life starting from being born as a baby. However, to be "reincarnated" you would have to give up your current sense of self and memories. Would you do it?

If no, what if you were on your death bed? Would you then give up your "soul" for a new one? Or would you choose to die as who you are?
lol, all of us with the luxury of wasting time on a karate forum have no idea of the abject poverty and hardship the rest of humanity has to endure.
blueprint-to-solve-poverty-global-poverty.png

We all lucked out here, and a random reincarnation more than likely means we end up in a worse situation.

lol, all of us with the luxury of wasting time on a karate forum have no idea of the abject poverty and hardship the rest of humanity has to endure.
blueprint-to-solve-poverty-global-poverty.png

We all lucked out here, and a random reincarnation more than likely means we end up in a worse situation.

people compare themselfs to their surroundings though

street kids who lived in the sewers in our neighbourhood in russia didnt even think about normal people, they compared only to each other, the same way as normal pople dont think about them

(i tried to stay away from them because they were crazy as fuck and willing to do anything to survive)

What guarantee do you have your second life is gonna get better? If life has been good to you so far, then why take a chance at an unknown life?

No.

My life is mine. The lessons I've received in this one, I deserved and needed to learn.

My life's no candy, but it's mine.
Hope I end this one with dignity and hopefully get a better one next time.

Considering the fact that a brand new slate means i may not have the hobbies and likes that i do now, then no.. Even though there are some dreams that are forever sunken to me. I might not have taken up yoga and pole dancing if i start out fresh as a new person being molded by life in a different way.

Sounds appealing, i had a theory if you could have a chance at doing your own life again, you would probably make many of the same decisions and end up somewhere close to where youre at. But I sometimes wonder how things might have turned out had the sliding doors moments in my life gone differently. As for being a new soul...probably not. I live a life of relative luxury in relation to billions of others in developing countries.

Do you mean restart my life but with the same start (ie, same parents, circumstances etc.) or am I most likely gonna be reincarnated over in Burkina Faso with no prospects in life?

I would say yes to the former but hell no to the latter; there is always a chance of striking gold and becoming the kid of some mogul with life being easy, but chances are it is gonna be a drastic downgrade from even a mediocre Western lifestyle.

I wouldn't say I've lived to my fullest potential, I wouldn't even say I lived a good life though I'm still hopeful I can. However, most people in this world are living in poverty, so to say I didn't have a good life I'm pretty much looking at in comparison to other fortunate types. If you had a second chance at life, odds are you'd end up living in starvation in Africa or poverty in China.

Fuck no. I've had a better life than I ever expected to have, but once is enough for me. :D

As long as I'm better looking and adopted by a rich couple.

On death bed yeah, currently no. Id never give up my soul, I have a spare one anyway. Traded a cookie for my friends soul in elementary school.
Bart is that you? Milhouse wants his soul back! LOL

I might do it now, yeah. Why not? Def on death bed. Hell perhaps this came up in a parallel universe or something and the me of NOW is my last incarnation's dying wish (he may also have added 'don't be bad or fat'....yeah sorry about that one prior me haha)

If they store my memories and then inbetween lifes hook me up into the collective database of all my previous lives and then eventually after a bunch of lives let me have some kind of super body with all the memories

Back