Social WR Lounge 299: His mom plays games

Do you miss the left?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say between 80 to 90% of the people here were around to discuss Trump, not politics or international events or anything like that.

You take him out of the equation and it just leaves the people more personally invested in politics, which aren't bound to be that many in a MMA forum.
What’s funny is a lot of the left types legit got bored when he lost. A lot of them were just here to attack Trump, similarly how the right was here to bolster him up.

Lots of long time regulars have left. This subforum will likely wither if they don't comeback, heck it was already withering but this has just accelerated it.

Lots of long-time regulars leave all the time, to be honest. I can't recall anybody leaving who was a major contributor to War Room threads in the past year or two, apart from the troll accounts. It's pretty much always been the people trying to stir things up that have been the most active contributors.

If anything will cause this sub-forum to wither, it will probably be the policy of not allowing new accounts to contribute. Prevents people from coming in here with their alts and troll accounts, or just new posters giving their 2 cents on thing (until finding out that they probably shouldn't), which is traditionally what has kept this place alive.

We were averaging that many because of Donald Trump.

There's not a whole lot to talk about right now. Nothing major going on.

All sorts of interesting stuff going on. Bioactive plastic from mango leaves, pretty cool shit.

Scientists witness chimps killing a gorilla for the first time ever.

Higher volumes of omega-3 acids in blood increase life expectancy by five years.

Wife is headed to Dallas with the 11 month old. I've got the 3 and 5. Will see what we can get up to. I see Dave and busters in our future
Nice

What’s funny is a lot of the left types legit got bored when he lost. A lot of them were just here to attack Trump, similarly how the right was here to bolster him up.

Like I said from the beginning with Trump, his most major contribution would probably be the amount of energy he injects into politics and the U.S. population which will get a lot more politically active, due to his level of celebrity and outrageous personality. It was never meant to last, certainly not when he was followed up by an empty suit like Joe Biden, but atleast for a time, temporary as it may have been, the people who'd generally talk about the weather or sports or what they last watched on TV, suddenly became firebrand ideologues fighting for a better world.

Once they become old and withered, they'll be able to go back in time and tell stories of when they fought a great evil in Donald Trump, and managed to defeat him, banishing him from the realm of social media. Wasn't exactly for World War 2, but for our generations of people, it will probably be the highlight of many people's lives.

All sorts of interesting stuff going on. Bioactive plastic from mango leaves, pretty cool shit.

I don't see the political angle to bioactive plastic from mango leaves.

Lots of long-time regulars leave all the time, to be honest. I can't recall anybody leaving who was a major contributor to War Room threads in the past year or two, apart from the troll accounts. It's pretty much always been the people trying to stir things up that have been the most active contributors.

If anything will cause this sub-forum to wither, it will probably be the policy of not allowing new accounts to contribute. Prevents people from coming in here with their alts and troll accounts, or just new posters giving their 2 cents on thing (until finding out that they probably shouldn't), which is traditionally what has kept this place alive.
Yes and overtime as more and more regulars leave and fewer people replace them the subforum will wither.
In every sense of the word, yes I am. Eats you up inside too.
Lighten up Francis, its the Lounge

I don't see the political angle to bioactive plastic from mango leaves.
Science has aways been welcome discussion in the WR as far as i know.

We were averaging that many because of Donald Trump.

There's not a whole lot to talk about right now. Nothing major going on.

The new rule of not allowing people to come in with whitebelt accounts also eliminates the great number of alts that used to populate this forum. Just a handful of the old trolls remain.
Funny though... politics is always something to discuss. But yeah I guess he stirred up lots of peeps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back