Social WR Lounge 299: His mom plays games

Do you miss the left?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said though, I don't know how many true "regulars" have left in recent times. If we're talking about people who used to post regularly a few years ago, and then posted here and there, maybe, then sure, we've lost a few. But as far as recent activity is concerned, losing an active thread-starting troll like @Queen B would be a more major blow to this forum than losing pretty much any of those posters.
We'll see.
Reverse psychology and veiled threat, eh?

{<redford}
No for real, doxxing episodes are a headache for the mods and often haunt the forum for some time. Once that info gets out there, its out there and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Even if he scrubs the metadata there are other ways to use that image to mine for info. Best to avoid all that.

No for real, doxxing episodes are a headache for the mods and often haunt the forum for some time. Once that info gets out there, its out there and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Even if he scrubs the metadata there are other ways to use that image to mine for info. Best to avoid all that.

People post their pics on sherdog all the time. Even a stickied thread for it in Mayberry.

Let them come for me bud.

What’s funny is a lot of the left types legit got bored when he lost. A lot of them were just here to attack Trump, similarly how the right was here to bolster him up.
And some of them got banned right before Thanksgiving dinner. <Lmaoo>

In all seriousness @Bald1 I advise you don't post your picture and if you insist on doing so make sure to scrub the metadata from it so you don't get doxxed.
All ball busting aside, I appreciate this. A few people have seen pics of me but nothing current. At the end of the day if someone wanted to find me it wouldn't be that hard as I've shared quite a bit of info on here over the years. I guarantee you know more about me than lots of people I interact with in real life for example. Ain't that a bitch?

Reverse psychology and veiled threat, eh?

{<redford}
That wily bastard! Like something only a person with a background in psychology would come up with.

All ball busting aside, I appreciate this. A few people have seen pics of me but nothing current. At the end of the day if someone wanted to find me it wouldn't be that hard as I've shared quite a bit of info on here over the years. I guarantee you know more about me than lots of people I interact with in real life for example. Ain't that a bitch?

th

The Lounge has taken a hit. Would love to see a mod run the numbers on the forum at large.

The lounge had nothing to do with War Room discussions, though. It was, and is, basically a chat room, for old-time posters and some newer ones. I think initially the whole point of it was that it was "off-topic", a place where people could talk about more regular stuff than just politics.

That is because it requires higher thinking. Most of the people that post here are low thinking plebs.

There's also just the fact that there's not much to discuss about it. Certainly not much to argue over. Politics gets people more personally invested, which leads to long chains of arguments, people's egos being hurt, and them wanting to get back at the other guy for going against their ideology, and so forth. An argument about a matter of science, unless it gets politicized like COVID or climate change, is less likely to lead to such results. There has to be something that stirs up people's partisanship, to get them to post dozens of times in a single thread and spend an enormous amount of their time on something seemingly unsubstantial and pointless as an argument on the internet.

Nobody demonstrated about Trump in my city, but we had massive turnouts for the Iraq war and even the Occupy movement saw a reasonable showing.

I don't know why the city you live in would have any bearing on the point that I made. Nobody demonstrated about Trump in my city either, because I live in Finland, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a clear, visible impact to people's political activity in the United States, because of the presence of Trump. The sheer, seemingly endless media coverage of him, alone, would have had such an impact. And I think we saw that bear fruit in the last election which had the most votes cast ever.

My estimation is that an election between Biden and a regular Republican candidate won't be seeing anywhere near the turnout we saw the past year.

People post their pics on sherdog all the time. Even a stickied thread for it in Mayberry.
Yes and people get doxxed that way which leads to bans and endless drama around it forever after.
There are no take-backsies on the internet, best to be prudent I think. Besides we don't need to see your face, as far as I am concerned you look like Andre the Giant

The lounge had nothing to do with War Room discussions, though. It was, and is, basically a chat room, for old-time posters and some newer ones. I think initially the whole point of it was that it was "off-topic", a place where people could talk about more regular stuff than just politics.

Exactly. That's why I'm curious about total WR activity, not just the Lounge thread (which we know for sure has tapered off some).

There's also just the fact that there's not much to discuss about it. Certainly not much to argue over. Politics gets people more personally invested, which leads to long chains of arguments, people's egos being hurt, and them wanting to get back at the other guy for going against their ideology, and so forth. An argument about a matter of science, unless it gets politicized like COVID or climate change, is less likely to lead to such results.

Very little discussion happens in general here. Most of it is bitching and crying. There is quite a bit to discuss about the application of the bioplastic, the economics, the geopolitical shift that may occur if we stop use regular plastic to cover food.

I don't know why the city you live in would have any bearing on the point that I made. Nobody demonstrated about Trump in my city either, because I live in Finland, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a clear, visible impact to people's political activity in the United States, because of the presence of Trump. The sheer, seemingly endless media coverage of him, alone, would have had such an impact. And I think we saw that bear fruit in the last election which had the most votes cast ever.

My estimation is that an election between Biden and a regular Republican candidate won't be seeing anywhere near the turnout we saw the past year.

Because I think you're vastly overstating the impact of Trump. At least with anyone over 30. It's not like the antiwar or occupy movements went global but didn't have a larger impact in the US than Trump.
Trump certainly got a lot of attention for being a clown and absolutely degenerated the political dialogue to utter trash, but he's a one term president that didn't do much besides fail to handle the pandemic.
It's not like the US Culture War and Identity politics are dependent on him.

Very little discussion happens in general here. Most of it is bitching and crying. There is quite a bit to discuss about the application of the bioplastic, the economics, the geopolitical shift that may occur if we stop use regular plastic to cover food.

Bitching and crying has always made up 99% of the discussion here, for as long as I've been here, anyway. Certainly after the era of Trump.

Some of it is just a higher quality of bitching, whining and moaning, but it's still mostly just that, nonetheless. Not excluding my own contributions from that, either. I don't know why people are talking about this place like it used to be any different in recent memory. For the past 5 years, all I've ever heard is how this place is dying and how it's worse than ever.

Reactions: lsa
Because I think you're vastly overstating the impact of Trump. At least with anyone over 30. It's not like the antiwar or occupy movements went global but didn't have a larger impact in the US than Trump.
Trump certainly got a lot of attention for being a clown and absolutely degenerated the political dialogue to utter trash, but he's a one term president that didn't do much besides fail to handle the pandemic.
It's not like the US Culture War and Identity politics are dependent on him.

I feel like you're just offended about the idea that he managed to increase people's political activity by being nothing but a fat, shameless Twitter troll. Yet he did exactly that.

I'm not sure how it can be argued against, considering the over-whelming evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back