Social WR Lounge 301: LMAO oh look, aren't you special.

Was pulling out of Afghanistan right thing to do?

• Yes it was time

• We never should have been there

• The way we pulled out was wrong

• Never pull out

• I dont know

• I wish Lowman's dad had pulled out.

• You idiot you forgot "the" in the poll question....

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, and don't sell yourself short. There are lots of posters who I might have disagreements with (big or small) but I believe they're really thinking and engaging in an earnest way ("earnest" in the sense of being sincere--could be light-hearted). Denter is another one. But then there are people who are just here to spam talking points and spew hatred at the outgroup, as they see it.

Yeah, and you can't get anywhere with people like that. They want to disagree with what Breitbart or Fox tells them liberals believe rather than what the fellow in front of them is really saying.
Nobody cares who you approve of you fucking clown.

Damn, it’s Thursday already. Coasted straight through this week.

What was his fitness level at the start though?

Honestly, not very good, and even now he isn’t. But my point was something else. He most likely has creaky joints and is in lots of pain the following day, yet he’s there in most days. Whenever someone tell me is it too late to start, I’ll tell them it never is.

I don't think you'll see anyone here who is more willing to engage in serious arguments if that's what someone wants than me.

Up until someone doesn't cede to your viewpoint. Then oftentimes you resort to labeling the other person's position as bad faith. Along with other little jabs and misrepresentations (eg. taking a perceived outcome of what they're arguing for and claiming the desire for that outcome as their true motivation for holding the belief in question).

So folks are theorizing the boyfriend drove her to the "zone of death" and then murdered her?

Or are they thinking a serial killer might have murdered her and those women 2 blocks away?

The fact the boyfriends family hired a private attorney already and that attorney is going on television saying he did not do anything violent and that it was upon his (the lawyers) advice that the boyfriend has not talked to police makes it pretty clear that he did not murder her. If he had, he would have flown to any other country in the world in the 10 days between when he arrived home in FL and when she was reported missing.

It is a very sad story, but the media is playing games with the words of sobbing parents desperate to find their little girl, this really does not appear to be a case of intimate partner violence.
He won't even tell authorities where he lost saw her.

Up until someone doesn't cede to your viewpoint.

That doesn't even make sense. I hash out disagreements until someone disagrees with me? You're just throwing out dumb attacks without thinking about whether they make sense.

Then oftentimes you resort to labeling the other person's position as bad faith. Along with other little jabs and misrepresentations (eg. taking a perceived outcome of what they're arguing for and claiming the desire for that outcome as their true motivation for holding the belief in question).

Nah, you won't see that from me.

That doesn't even make sense. I hash out disagreements until someone disagrees with me? You're just throwing out dumb attacks without thinking about whether they make sense.

And yet you created a top secret Discord where words like "sketch" and "donut" are banned. <Lmaoo>

Yeah, I'm dumb.

Or is it bad faith?

Honestly, not very good, and even now he isn’t. But my point was something else. He most likely has creaky joints and is in lots of pain the following day, yet he’s there in most days. Whenever someone tell me is it too late to start, I’ll tell them it never is.
My problem is I believe I need to reach a certain minimum level of fitness before I start training just to avoid injury doing the most basic shit. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that minimum level is but I don't think I am there.

He won't even tell authorities where he lost saw her.

To be fair, he's likely being advised not to say shit. That piece of information could come back to haunt him, if she's found within the vicinity he names.

I haven't paid attention to the case, but the whole "I got mad, and left her there" thing is viable, but I don't know how one would react if the person in question actually went missing and it blew up in the media, and all of a sudden you're a murder suspect. Shit would get serious real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back