Social WR Lounge 301: LMAO oh look, aren't you special.

Was pulling out of Afghanistan right thing to do?

• Yes it was time

• We never should have been there

• The way we pulled out was wrong

• Never pull out

• I dont know

• I wish Lowman's dad had pulled out.

• You idiot you forgot "the" in the poll question....

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he's likely being advised not to say shit. That piece of information could come back to haunt him, if she's found within the vicinity he names.

I haven't paid attention to the case, but the whole "I got mad, and left her there" thing is viable, but I don't know how one would react if the person in question actually went missing and it blew up in the media, and all of a sudden you're a murder suspect. Shit would get serious real quick.

It's viable as far as a defense goes. In reality, this girl is dead and this kid is going to get away with it unless her body is found or a forensic analysis of the van turns up anything. I seriously can't even imagine what this Petito's family is going through right now. As long as Laundrie isn't charged, he can just stay quiet and live his life. I don't even know what police could charge him with either. He's refusing to talk to them.

It's viable as far as a defense goes. In reality, this girl is dead and this kid is going to get away with it unless her body is found or a forensic analysis of the van turns up anything. I seriously can't even imagine what this Petito's family is going through right now. As long as Laundrie isn't charged, he can just stay quiet and live his life. I don't even know what police could charge him with either. He's refusing to talk to them.

Funny thing is if the girl was screaming to be let out of the car and he refused, or kept following her in the vehicle as she walked along the road, he could probably catch a charge for kidnapping or stalking. :eek:

The clothes and hairstyles can go out of fashion, but great Rock & Roll is timeless.

He won't even tell authorities where he lost saw her.

I had not been following the story and only read about it a day ago and got caught up. The boyfriend is doing himself no favors with the media by not answering questions from authorities/media. But I think a lot of the reporting is distorting, unintentionally, the crux of the issue regarding the boyfriends cooperation.

The boyfriend I believe according to his attorney gave them a memo with all the information he knows, the police have not released what information was in that or what it said, all we have heard since is the young womens family imploring him to be honest about what he knows and that it is unfair their daughter is in the woods while he is sleeping in his home.

Again, it sounds like the boyfriends story is he does not know what happened, because he is likely claiming they had a fight and he drove off and left her in some random location (as he had tried to do during their scuffle in early august). And I am sure is claiming when he came back she was not there.

Hence, he won't "talk with police" because he does not want to give an official statement recounting those facts, because likely would and should face some type of manslaughter or murder 3 charge. Leaving your girlfriend on the side of a road in a national park or desert with dangerous wild animals is immoral/disgusting behavior and he should go to prison if that is what happened and she is dead because of it.

It seems like the media would be better served directing their energy towards imploring folks in that area to help search for her body, rather than making it out to be a case of intimate partner violence which generates better ratings/clicks.

Well, that's the thing. How responsible is he, if he did just cut and run? How responsible are you for leaving someone out on their ass? I don't know. Take the emotional aspect away of her being his girlfriend, and is it even a story? Like, if it was a hitchhiker who started saying crazy shit, or whatever, what is the responsibility to shelter them and make sure they are safe, before giving them the boot?

It's an interesting case from a pure legal standpoint. Obviously leaving a close friend/significant other/relative out in the middle of nowhere is pretty repugnant, but from a legal standpoint, is it even a crime?

Showed ignored content to see what this was about, and LOL. Crazy the kind of shit people come up with and then believe.

Putting somebody on ignore: lol
Putting somebody on ignore and checking what they say anyways: LOLOLOL

Be the coward you are and put me on ignore for real this time, or get put in your place again.

Putting somebody on ignore: lol
Putting somebody on ignore and checking what they say anyways: LOLOLOL

Be the coward you are and put me on ignore for real this time, or get put in your place again.

So much irrational hostility, bro.

Funny thing is if the girl was screaming to be let out of the car and he refused, or kept following her in the vehicle as she walked along the road, he could probably catch a charge for kidnapping or stalking. :eek:

They'd need witnesses to testify to that. He certainly won't.

I had not been following the story and only read about it a day ago and got caught up. The boyfriend is doing himself no favors with the media by not answering questions from authorities/media. But I think a lot of the reporting is distorting, unintentionally, the crux of the issue regarding the boyfriends cooperation.

The boyfriend I believe according to his attorney gave them a memo with all the information he knows, the police have not released what information was in that or what it said, all we have heard since is the young womens family imploring him to be honest about what he knows and that it is unfair their daughter is in the woods while he is sleeping in his home.

Again, it sounds like the boyfriends story is he does not know what happened, because he is likely claiming they had a fight and he drove off and left her in some random location (as he had tried to do during their scuffle in early august). And I am sure is claiming when he came back she was not there.

Hence, he won't "talk with police" because he does not want to give an official statement recounting those facts, because likely would and should face some type of manslaughter or murder 3 charge. Leaving your girlfriend on the side of a road in a national park or desert with dangerous wild animals is immoral/disgusting behavior and he should go to prison if that is what happened and she is dead because of it.

It seems like the media would be better served directing their energy towards imploring folks in that area to help search for her body, rather than making it out to be a case of intimate partner violence which generates better ratings/clicks.

I'll bet that memo is worded as vaguely as possible, with every possible perception of the issue taken into account. That lawyer would have made sure before it was sent to police.

Well, that's the thing. How responsible is he, if he did just cut and run? How responsible are you for leaving someone out on their ass? I don't know. Take the emotional aspect away of her being his girlfriend, and is it even a story? Like, if it was a hitchhiker who started saying crazy shit, or whatever, what is the responsibility to shelter them and make sure they are safe, before giving them the boot?

It's an interesting case from a pure legal standpoint. Obviously leaving a close friend/significant other/relative out in the middle of nowhere is pretty repugnant, but from a legal standpoint, is it even a crime?

It's not like he left her at the town movie theater or something. They were doing a cross country road trip. He'd absolutely be responsible for abandoning her like that without any food, supplies or warm clothing? I don't know the laws of whatever state he ditched her in, but I hope there is something. I would have murder in my heart if some guy did that to my daughter. All I can think about is her family.

There's no room left for it after you filled the Lounge with your bad faith. Prepare to be put on my soft Ignore list...

th

It's not like he left her at the town movie theater or something. They were doing a cross country road trip. He'd absolutely be responsible for abandoning her like that without any food, supplies or warm clothing? I don't know the laws of whatever state he ditched her in, but I hope there is something. I would have murder in my heart if some guy did that to my daughter. All I can think about is her family.

Yeah, I hear ya on the betrayal. It's nasty shit. Is he actually responsible for taking care of her, though? She's just another human in the eyes of the law. I understand the emotional reaction, but if that wasn't his girlfriend, is it even a big deal? Would you hold him to the same standards if it was just some crazy hitchhiker he picked up? I wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying, but in legal terms, if he did leave her out there in a moment of haste and anger and something happened, how responsible is he for her well being, and would you want that responsibility put on everyone else, no matter the relation to the victim?

I've honestly never thought of this kind of situation before. It's pretty unique. Usually, if someone is guilty of murder in a situation like this, they're trying to argue that they didn't know what happened after they lost contact, and it usually proves that they were trying to cover their tracks. What if they truly don't know, and where does the responsibility lie if that person succumbs to the elements? I can't think of any case where something like this has been tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back