Social WR Lounge 301: LMAO oh look, aren't you special.

Was pulling out of Afghanistan right thing to do?

• Yes it was time

• We never should have been there

• The way we pulled out was wrong

• Never pull out

• I dont know

• I wish Lowman's dad had pulled out.

• You idiot you forgot "the" in the poll question....

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'm seeing a lot of racist people upset about the coverage on the Petito case. Not surprised to see an absolute trash bag like Joy Reid use the young girl's murder as a chance to race bait.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/msnbc-joy-reid-questions-media-190649635.html
MSNBC’s Joy Reid Questions Media Focus on Gabby Petito Case: ‘Missing White Woman Syndrome’
Says a lot more about her that a 22 year old girl goes missing and her first thought is "well no one would care if she was black!"

Her, and people like her, say this same shit any and every time a white person goes missing. Must be fun for Petito's family to hear people like Joy Reid bitch about their murdered daughter getting media attention.
Yes, I know shes a hack. But to a degree in this case, the media attention actually helped find the body. One could argue, if she wasn't attractive white girl from the suburbs there wouldn't be as much attention. People are more drawn into the story here, because its perceived to not be something that would typically happen to a person like her as opposed to a minority.

But again as @Rational Poster put it, there has to be a appetite there to begin with. So how much can your really blame media corporations here

Yes, I know shes a hack. But to a degree in this case, the media attention actually helped find the body. One could argue, if she wasn't attractive white girl from the suburbs there wouldn't be as much attention. People are more drawn into the story here, because its perceived to not be something that would typically happen to a person like her as opposed to a minority.

But again as @Rational Poster put it, there has to be a appetite there to begin with. So how much can your really blame media corporations here

The other thing that people don't seem to understand about media reporting is that literally BILLIONS of things happen every day.

The media can only report so much of it.

If every single hooker that disappeared becomes national news we wouldn't have time for anything else.

In general, I think there is an incredible disconnect about how the media functions. They are not some sinister conglomerate all teaming up to put out a specific message or narrative. There's thousands and thousands of media organizations worldwide competing with each other, not working together. They're trying to outdo each other, and when they can't, they just copy each other.

The media is a mirror. It reflects back what the population interests and desires. There are more tools to collect this type of data than ever before. What people want to read or watch in the media is directly targeted by the media.

If there is an incredible "media push" with this particular story it's because there is an incredible interest demonstrated by the consumers. They know what stories you're reading, how long you're reading them, when you're reading them, how often you're reading them.

tldr; What the media reports and how they report it says more about society than the media especially in the current year with all the data at their disposal.
This is a good post, and I mostly agree. However with other like CNN, that are blatant propaganda. Fox News too.

Remember your tantrum when I called you out for saying Rittenhouse was a white supremacist?

{<jimmies}

remember when you snitched on me for posting an old man Herbert 'shop, poking fun at someone else who wasn't you or related to you in any way, shape, or form?

{<jimmies}

@Cubo de Sangre @Andy Capp
12.25lbs of Honey
K1-V1116 yeast plus nutrient.
Hoping it hits 11% alcohol. Peaches and a dash of cinnamon may be added in secondary.

20210922-124242.jpg
If you can ever manage to get ahold of yuzu and make something from that you will have a fan forever.

This is silly.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-appeals-court-erases-ruling-195222261.html

(Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday threw out its recent decision that a federal prohibition on firearms dealers selling guns to young adults under 21 was unconstitutional, deciding the case was now moot because both plaintiffs have reached that age.

Eventually everyone challenging this un-Constitutional law will turn 21 or die first. Just keep overturning their favorable judgments once the calendar hits the right date?

@Lord Coke

remember when you snitched on me for posting an old man Herbert 'shop, poking fun at someone else who wasn't you or related to you in any way, shape, or form?

{<jimmies}
Remember when you just now made up something about me?

{<jimmies}

Remember your tantrum when I called you out for saying Rittenhouse was a white supremacist?

{<jimmies}
Uhhh.... no. I repeat, what did I ever do that could be considered an effort to "get" someone shadow banned, and how fucking weak do you have to be to think I would care to try? Mean time, we can deal with your fantasies in this post,
You're the one with a secret Discord that bans the word "sketch" and "donut."
LOL what the fuck do you know about me as it concerns discord? Answer: Not a fucking thing. Thanks for playing.
tim-hortons-roll-up-the-rim.jpg

Uhhh.... no. I repeat, what did I ever do that could be considered an effort to "get" someone shadow banned, and how fucking weak do you have to be to think I would care to try? Mean time, we can deal with your fantasies in this post,

LOL what the fuck do you know about me as it concerns discord? Answer: Not a fucking thing. Thanks for playing.
tim-hortons-roll-up-the-rim.jpg
Called in your pal to make up stuff.

{<jimmies}

It's a citrus fruit that happens to be very popular in Japan, which is where I first encountered it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzu
images

It is yummy.

Citrus is hard to make mead/wine with as the acid content tends to kill yeast. People can do it its just more complicated than basic wines etc.

I cant say i have tried one.

You're the one with a secret Discord that bans the word "sketch" and "donut."

Have any of them who made the walk of shame back to this forum confirmed that they can't mention @Sketch or donuts? I gotta know if that's true.

Sex sells, for sure. But I don't really see the sex angle here besides the fact that it's a young girl. I read a lot about true crime and unsolved mysteries and there are a lot of people who go missing that don't make the news. Race doesn't factor in. But a story like Petito has the fact that she was already a social media presence. On top of that, the mystery of the boyfriend returning without her and immediately lawyering up, then going missing, makes this a very compelling mystery. Plus, the boyfriend is missing. It's still not resolved. That's why there's ongoing coverage. It's disturbing that people with insecurities concentrate only on the color of the girl missing. When the media documents stories of people of color going missing, do these same people even notice or care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back