Social WR Lounge v.309: My Soul Is Prepared. How's Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I didn't notice the guitar smash in your avatar. Anyhooooo, maybe take a small step away from the keyboard if you're a little too high/drunk/angry. And being poor, I remember Carlin had a take, about how we use to call them "unfortunates" but now really just try to always blame poor folks for being poor as completley their fault all the time.
Nah, that was the fun part. I just really dislike that attitude in people and I like to make a point of saying what I think about it now and then. 9th day with no power though so...

Nah, that was the fun part. I just really dislike that attitude in people and I like to make a point of saying what I think about it now and then. 9th day with no power though so...
It’s also one of my pet peeves. The whole “pull yourself up by your bootstrap” meritocratic idea and mentality really irks me.

Thanks for the kinds words. We're managing ok, relatively speaking.
The missus had one of these delivered and it works great,
7d87eed7-3310-4f41-9a26-d2681e435e25.jpg

It takes canisters of butane and it's dirt simple to operate. I feel like it should be part of every emergency kit somehow.

So, we can boil water now and I brought one of those Melita single-cup coffee filter holders into the marriage (LOL), so we can have fresh coffee in the mornings, and her delicious miso soup with supper--or tonight's a delight called niku-jaga which is basically meat and potatoes (and the makings of a sauce) in a pot. It's bloody awesome. So don't worry for us in the sense of being deprived.

The devastation of the woods behind my house is just an example of what Maritime Electric is dealing with all over the Island. Last I checked, there are still large swathes of Charlottetown with no power, even. We understand why it's taking so long, even as we have our momentary whine fests over the inconvenience a few times a day just to vent.

But I don't have a woods anymore--I have some posts and some trees. When you add it on to all the other shit that has happened in the last few years, it's pretty depressing. In case that one pic doesn't quite get across the full scope of the damage, I may have a few more to post later.
Oh Hell yeah. We have one for Camping ourselves which has 2 burners
c729267c-fb0d-4699-a09b-5aa8c7b62807_1.1207ac8362cf2b4899b0ac2bc8caef49.jpeg

But yeah I hear you on the trees. My bud in Summerside sent me some pics that are unreal. PEI just got hammered.

Oh Hell yeah. We have one for Camping ourselves which has 2 burners
c729267c-fb0d-4699-a09b-5aa8c7b62807_1.1207ac8362cf2b4899b0ac2bc8caef49.jpeg

But yeah I hear you on the trees. My bud in Summerside sent me some pics that are unreal. PEI just got hammered.
Yup. There's still over twenty thousand without power.

Glad I'm on the right side of you, friend.
Seems a little over the top and lacking context, I know, but I mainly just wanted to have a good rant to vent some frustration over this storm.

Sounds like it may be too late for some

ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif
For a very serious cat you seem to not ever be serious about very much of anything whatsoever.

Having said that, I would also say it has always been too late for a very great many.

For a very serious cat you seem to not ever be serious about very much of anything whatsoever.

Having said that, I would also say it has always been too late for a very great many.

I'm serious about plenty of stuff, just couldn't help myself here

i just found out that one of my coworkers is leaving the place to go work at a sex shop. we're probably gonna have a field day with this one lol.

Day 10, no power. Yippee.

It sounds like it could be another couple of days or so. Oh joy oh bliss.

Good luck, Florida.

Day 10, no power. Yippee.

It sounds like it could be another couple of days or so. Oh joy oh bliss.

Good luck, Florida.
The thing about stuff like this. They suck in the moment, but its an experience you will talk about forever.

The thing about stuff like this. They suck in the moment, but its an experience you will talk about forever.
Remember forever, perhaps, talk about, not so sure about that. It's a big pain in the arse that I would like to pretend I did forget about. You may be right though. We'll see.

LOL at Kanye wearing the White Lives Matter shirt. Obviously troll job here, but there's still some crazy mental gymnastics going on over this.

FeKnjD-WQAU15cz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back