Social WR Lounge v269: Lead and Clippy bffs for life and always share McDonald's french fries

How many pillows to do you sleep with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Movie on from e-drama, has anyone else seen Conspiracy?

Probably my #1 WW2 film. Really gets to the historical and ideological context of Nazism, where Nazi ideologues and technocrats simultaneously worked alongside and against the horde of simple minded brutes and reactionaries, represented here by Gerhard Klopfer. The attempt to make horrid and brutal policies seem pragmatic and virtuous smacks, to me, of the late 21st century American conservative intelligentsia, which has only recently shown itself to be hollow.

@Limbo Pete

That's a really good movie. There is a similar one out there from 1984 which is a lot closer to the actual documents both movies are based on, the 2001 version has some added drama and is thus more entertaining. The 1984 movie is a german production and I'm not quite sure if there is an english version out there, if you can find one, check it out.

They're trolling you, dude. You probably upset them one way or the other so they pm'd and discorded each other to harrass you non-stop until you fly off the handle and get banned.

Lmfao. That’s great. I love the fact they’re actually doing that to try and get me. So triggered.

Classy. The dude is being lied about, implying he e-mailed crave and you're laughing. Gonna smoke a RR pack at 16:00, gonna watch NatGeo.
It sucks being lied about that's for sure, so hopefully that's not the case and the whole thing is a misunderstanding. Like when Kong figured I meant Trump would leave the WH gracefully when I laughed at the idea that the military would be needed to remove him.

Or was he lying? Or is he stupid?

Let's hope for misunderstanding. In both cases.

SDW was, unfortunately, a long time coming because nearly all of the interactions he generated outside of this thread were negative and hostile. And, imo, it was at least somewhat troll-ish. Although some really do think he is unhinged.

RR, Fawlty, and Homer should all be here imo, because they all had more positive interactions than negative ones. And they were all long-term mainstays of the board.

From a purely capitalistic perspective, having RR, Fawlty, and Homer keeps people around. Having the endless cycle of right-wing trolls like Yorkist, Kandyland, Whippy McGee, Papi Chulo, and Horse Style drives people away.
That seems to be cutting the list short by a lot.

Who is the top admin here?

I figured it was DrunkenMeatFist. Not Tachy or Crave.
Mike Fridley

If a hardass decision falls out of the sky forumside, somebody whined to crave and it fell on his desk. He is one of the most important people in all of sherdogdom.

Jei is aware of the day to day and would have been well aware of RR's return from the jump, yet the account survived which would indicate it wasnt him.

Fridley doesnt talk to mods and rarely engages with the admins. It would explain the randomness of this and the mods being silent. He is too busy to bother with modding or interacting with posters

It's hard for me to understand the situation with LazaRRus because I feel like I am missing some backstory but he was really nice to me and made me feel good about my basketball knowledge. I wonder what the most surprising ban could be?

It's hard for me to understand the situation with LazaRRus because I feel like I am missing some backstory but he was really nice to me and made me feel good about my basketball knowledge. I wonder what the most surprising ban could be?
Honestly, you would surprise me most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back