Wrap Comparison

I gave them a shot for a few months, however, I decided they were not for me.

They take a very long time to wrap, compared to modern hand wraps.
They are destroyed by velcro exposure, so putting on shin-guards is a "sticky" situation.
Tape slowly destroys them as well, and I always like to tape my hand wraps.
They are cheap, but you go though them faster than modern hand wraps. So the price differences is moot.

source: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/79635481-post15.html

I gave them a shot for a few months, however, I decided they were not for me.

They take a very long time to wrap, compared to modern hand wraps.
They are destroyed by velcro exposure, so putting on shin-guards is a "sticky" situation.
Tape slowly destroys them as well, and I always like to tape my hand wraps.
They are cheap, but you go though them faster than modern hand wraps. So the price differences is moot.

source: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/79635481-post15.html

Practice makes perfect. To me, 3 minutes on the right hand and 6 minutes on the left (if i can get the left down to 3 i'd be stoked) is great. I'm there for 2.5-3 hours so what is 9 minutes? Absolutely nothing to me. Especially because for the remainder of the time my hands are more comfortable than they are in modern wraps. It's very hard to go back to modern wraps...the only time i do it is when I'm wearing velcro closure gloves mainly because of that thread you made a while ago...not because I've actually tried Le roy in a velcro glove before. Juan did tell me if you're screwing up your Le roy on velcro then you're doing it wrong because people in mexico do it all the time...so maybe it's something to revisit man.

Practice makes perfect. To me, 3 minutes on the right hand and 6 minutes on the left (if i can get the left down to 3 i'd be stoked) is great. I'm there for 2.5-3 hours so what is 9 minutes? Absolutely nothing to me. Especially because for the remainder of the time my hands are more comfortable than they are in modern wraps. It's very hard to go back to modern wraps...the only time i do it is when I'm wearing velcro closure gloves mainly because of that thread you made a while ago...not because I've actually tried Le roy in a velcro glove before. Juan did tell me if you're screwing up your Le roy on velcro then you're doing it wrong because people in mexico do it all the time...so maybe it's something to revisit man.

If I am not rushed, I can get it into gloves with no problem. However, shinguards are a totally different story. Haha, now I feel like I have no hand dexterity.

I'm bout it. Go for it man. Btw why not just ask steve from rakuten if you can buy 1 ng-2. Wouldn't be that hard. 7 bucks?

MM, what do you think Mitani's shop looks like? A huge box with NG-2 from which he always picks up 2 random pieces, puts them into the package and sends to you?
Of course you cannot buy 1 piece. It would mean he keeps one piece that neither him nor anybody else needs.

But maybe he is going to be generous and donates one to goldenboy since he always has been appreciating his thoughtful request...
PLEASE don't ask this question.

Goldenboy, why don't you just buy a pair and keep one piece for the future in case you lose it again?

MM, what do you think Mitani's shop looks like? A huge box with NG-2 from which he always picks up 2 random pieces, puts them into the package and sends to you?
Don't care what his shop looks like.

@nomilk Never tried shinguards so can't say much on that.

I love my 180 inch Adidas handwraps, everything but the thin velcro closure, would prefer the entire end be velcro like title does.

Of course you cannot buy 1 piece. It would mean he keeps one piece that neither him nor anybody else needs.

But maybe he is going to be generous and donates one to goldenboy since he always has been appreciating his thoughtful request...
PLEASE don't ask this question.

Goldenboy, why don't you just buy a pair and keep one piece for the future in case you lose it again?

You never know, maybe one in the pair was damaged and he has been sitting on the other one for awhile. I have lucked out before with similar requests from companies with great customer service. If it hurts to ask, fuck the company...

You never know, maybe one in the pair was damaged and he has been sitting on the other one for awhile. I have lucked out before with similar requests from companies with great customer service. If it hurts to ask, fuck the company...

Well, these things happen for sure. I doubt it is the case though, but one can always ask...
Anyway, since goldenboy is planning another Winning purchase, I would probably (since there would be no extra shipping) just buy another pair, one extra piece won't kill anybody... instead of asking "don't you have I piece, I need just one piece" and saving 8 bucks.

Overall, America-Ya isn't the manufacturer, if something comes damaged they just return it.

If it hurts to ask, fuck the company...
+1

Also from
shihtzu said:
MM, what do you think Mitani's shop looks like? PLEASE don't ask this question.

To
shihtzu said:
Well, these things happen for sure. I doubt it is the case though, but one can always ask...

Tony-Stark-Eyeroll.gif

Why do I even bother anymore?

Last edited:
Gosh, if he doesn't have that one piece than I'll get another pair. What's the big deal in asking? Especially when I'm already a customer.

So far i love the top ten mexican wraps. Ringside extra long 220 is bad dont get. Winnings wraps are pretty good. But what about twins fairtx? Are they good?

So far i love the top ten mexican wraps. Ringside extra long 220 is bad dont get. Winnings wraps are pretty good. But what about twins fairtx? Are they good?

Why do you not like the ringside 220? I had to adjust them using a sewing machine in-order to fix the velcro problem, however, now they are the second best wraps I have ever used.

Surprised of Top Ten, in my opinion their wraps are the worst in the world - both the materials and craftsmanship.

I tried the Ringside heritage wraps, they had some issues so I wrote Justin about them. They should get fixed and turn out to be great wraps.

Still as it stands Ill stick to my Everlast Mexican style 180s.

Back