Wrestlers you liked that weren't necessarily over...

It he had a less "get the fuck off my tv," voice I could buy him as a top guy.
He's about as perfect as it gets to being a mid card heel. Which is fine. Too many people think if a wrestler isn't a multi time world champ they either suck or are getting held back

He's about as perfect as it gets to being a mid card heel. Which is fine. Too many people think if a wrestler isn't a multi time world champ they either suck or are getting held back

True...I still wish he had a different voice though.

images

Mike Sanders is another one and was on the cusp of doing more until WCW doubled down on sucking ass and eventually died.

Lotta talented guys in the Natural Born Thrillers that could have been big deals.

Jindrak has done very well for himself in Mexico and was almost a part of Evolution.

O’Haire had it all but maybe the promos.. but hell, actually had an interesting character developing in WWE but then the E shits all over it with Piper.

Palumbo could have been bigger but was Billy & Chucked. Although the 3 Minute Warning bit during the marriage is probably one of the biggest “holy shit” moments in wrestling because of Bischoff.

Stasiak was already deadmeat because of a crappy WWE run.

Reno was kinda a mid/lower card goon but his finisher, “the roll of the dice” was bad ass. Now Cody rHHHodes uses the “dice” and it looks like shit.

Stamboli was a solid midcard guy but WWE didnt really do much with him once the E gobbled up WCW.

Last edited:
Lash Leroux
Crowbar
Akira Tozawa

All my friends made fun of me back then. I loved his entire vibe! His feud with razor was awesome too. Maybe I wasn't around smart fans...
One of the top five entrances in wrasslin' history. No doubt.

Baron Corbin

I agree with this. Has a good move set, and doesn't try to be the cool heel.

People shitting on Corbin in the here and now are gonna love him when he's heading out to pasture and wondering why he never got to be champ. It's because they're all a bunch of fickle mush heads and that's why we can't have nice things.

brad armstrong
hakushi
killshot
the iiconics
joy giovanni

Last edited:
True...I still wish he had a different voice though.

Like a manager. The mouthpiece that got a shit ton of midcard heels over back in the day, and built them...so then when the up and coming midcard face beat them it meant something...and when the midcard heels manager was the manager of the upper card heel it was a natural feud.

Reason WWE can't build faces is because they can't build heels for them to conquer.

They need to protect their heels on the mic, and in today's world, even if the heel is good on the mic you don't let them talk....don't want them winning the fans over, because that's not heelish.

I want to know if any of you Sherbros liked wrestlers that weren't the over talent. I had a wrestler I liked and followed all throughout their career and it wasn't the most popular choice...but I marked out for this dude!

image-result-for-goldust-96.jpeg

Thoughts?

Gold Dust was so damn Reliable. I put Chavo up there as well , guys who were reliable on the Mid Card.

Steve Blackman, Dan Severn, Bart Gunn, Virgil, Brakus, Finlay, Steven Regal, Jason Jordan, Just Joe, Kama Mustafa, Mabel, Gene Snitsky, Maven, Mike Rotunda, Nunzio, Hunico, Test, Mike Enos

They could have put the heavy weight title on Goldust and it wouldn’t have shocked anyone due to how over he was.

I liked Scott Norton and Wrath even though he was starting to get over in WCW.
New Japan liked Scott Norton. They put the IWGP title on him twice. Big motherfuckers that can throw dudes around make good gaijin heels. I liked him too. Vicious and Delicious were a tag team I thought should have been bigger. Bagwell just seemed a bit lazy, as I remember him being decent back when he was Marcus Alexander Bagwell.

The cat was hilarious
Disco inferno was also hilarious
The guidos were fun to watch
The ragin Cajun was good

Kevin Federline.....missed his calling, would've been a great heel manager who had legit heat. But spending Britney Spears money is also a calling I guess.

Back