Wrestling instructional site review

knoxpk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In this age of instructionals it seems like other grappling systems have really cornered the market on online streaming technique libraries. Judo and BJJ seem to be the most prominent and even with the huge amounts of wrestlers in the USA and world we would find some good content.

Although the options are limited I have to say that the one site I was very impressed with is Wrestling Technique Videos, Instructional Wrestling MMA Videos, Collegiate, Freestyle, UFC and Mixed Martial Arts Video | Kolat.com which is Cary Kolats site.
Cary Kolat was a 4 times NCAA wrestling placer and champion 2 of those times, he was also a world championships medalist as well as an Olympian for team USA, he currently is an assistant coach at UNC as well as the director and head coach of the North Carolina Olympic Training Center based in Chapel Hill.

What is very impressive about this library is that it is made for wrestlers, coaches, parents and anyone wanting to add some wrestling into their game.
He has tools on the site like lesson plans if you are a coach, which can design entire practices for you.

What I like BEST about the site is that it is not just a collection of techniques, we can find that on youtube. What is best about the site is that he lays out the foundations much like you would see in a martial arts class.

In other words if you start at the beginning he gives you the absolute basics and then each progressive video builds on the video before.

For those new to wrestling this is priceless! For those with experience it allows you to skip the most fundamental portions and move on to more advanced moves.

If you are looking to supplement your wrestling training or just add some wrestling to your BJJ or Submission Grappling, this site is well worth the price of admission!

Thanks for sharing that. That re-shot is really nice.. good solid basics.

Back