Wrestling shoes a teeny bit too big?

Kyungho

White Belt
Reaction score
So i got a pair of wrestling shoes that were handed down to me, there in great condition and all but I think they're half a size too big... I remember my wrestling coach telling me how it has to be snug on you but for me there's around the width of a thumb difference between my big toe and the tip of my shoe. Is this a problem?

I have the same thing with mine, except mine are a substantially larger than my foot, but i've just been trying to work with it and get comfortable. I don't know what kind of trouble that could cause, but i haven't had any so far.

I have the same thing with mine, except mine are a substantially larger than my foot, but i've just been trying to work with it and get comfortable. I don't know what kind of trouble that could cause, but i haven't had any so far.

My wrestling coach told me that it could cause injuries for your toee while taking a shot or something. Not too sure.

I sell wrestling shoes for a living.

I usually say to allow for a thumbs width in the toe to allow for growth and comfort.

I personally don't like shoes too tight. I feel the toe will rub up against the front of the shoe.

Fit though is personal...

We have one customer that tends to buy shoes almost 2 sizes smaller then I would recommend.

Back