wrong forum

How quality are the twins? I've been looking at a pair. And are they similar sizing to Fairtex? I'm like a 34 but I have monster thighs haha.

If you buy a current model pair of Twins (i.e. the black label), they're just as nice as Fairtex and more stylish IMHO (i.e. they keep up with the current trends in the stadium while most Fairtex models look like they're stuck in the late 90's haha). The satin is thicker, but the stitching on the designs and writing becomes a little more easily frayed than Fairtex's stitching.

Twins run one size smaller than Fairtex and come in two cuts, generally: a classic cut that is similar to Fairtex, and a competition cut that's becoming de rigeur amongst all the fighters at Lumpinee and Rajadamnern.

I'm 6'1", 185lbs with a 33-34 waist and legs that some girls at the gym called "tree trunks" :icon_neut ,and the Twins XL competition cut fits me like it was custom built for me. I take L in Fairtex, and Top King XL runs just slightly uncomfortably snug on me (not just the waist, but the crotch is shallow as well).

Fair warning: I was speaking to shihtzu, and it looks like some of the old Twins models (white label) have very short inseams. I don't have much experience with their older models so I can't say much more on that, so caveat emptor if you go for one of their old models.

Mine is really long to my knees so I think classic cut. Bought them online last year.

Twins are nice but I found them inconsistent through time (a longer period of time).

Recently I have tried a lot of Twins. Some where newer, some where a lot older. The so called "satin" differed quite a lot - the older shorts with no prints/sings/emnbroideries (they were like several years old) were imo of a better quality but of a weird cut. Old XXL (much older than those old shorts Harukaze mentioned above) is very funny - great waist for me but huge rest, it looked like a skirt in the wind lol But definitely no restriction to movement lol
While some "newer" shorts (still maybe 2 years old) with all those fancy things on them were very similar to King in quality, which was sad. Anyway, all of this was from the same merchant so I guess it was the same batch and in general you cannot go wrong with Twins.

Btw as for King, I have tried all their K-1 shorts. What surprised me was that the same size in different designs differs a LOT in cut. A simple red model with no fancy things fit very well /looked quite horrible though) while 2 models with some shitty flames waist height was like 3 inches lower lol so the waistband was just a bit above my family jewels lol

Last edited:
Guys, so what are the prices in Thailand? How much are King, Top King, Twins, Boon and Fairtex (lets speak of plain shorts to compare it easier)?

Also, what about Top King Retro? How do you like the fit? And what about the size, should one go with the same size as usualy or rather with a smaller size or larger respectively?

If you buy a current model pair of Twins (i.e. the black label), they're just as nice as Fairtex and more stylish IMHO (i.e. they keep up with the current trends in the stadium while most Fairtex models look like they're stuck in the late 90's haha). The satin is thicker, but the stitching on the designs and writing becomes a little more easily frayed than Fairtex's stitching.

Twins run one size smaller than Fairtex and come in two cuts, generally: a classic cut that is similar to Fairtex, and a competition cut that's becoming de rigeur amongst all the fighters at Lumpinee and Rajadamnern.

I'm 6'1", 185lbs with a 33-34 waist and legs that some girls at the gym called "tree trunks" :icon_neut ,and the Twins XL competition cut fits me like it was custom built for me. I take L in Fairtex, and Top King XL runs just slightly uncomfortably snug on me (not just the waist, but the crotch is shallow as well).

Fair warning: I was speaking to shihtzu, and it looks like some of the old Twins models (white label) have very short inseams. I don't have much experience with their older models so I can't say much more on that, so caveat emptor if you go for one of their old models.

Ok so I am pretty much just a shorter version of you haha. Perfect. How do I know which ones are the competition cut?

Twins are nice but I found them inconsistent through time (a longer period of time).

Recently I have tried a lot of Twins. Some where newer, some where a lot older. The so called "satin" differed quite a lot - the older shorts with no prints/sings/emnbroideries (they were like several years old) were imo of a better quality but of a weird cut. Old XXL (much older than those old shorts Harukaze mentioned above) is very funny - great waist for me but huge rest, it looked like a skirt in the wind lol But definitely no restriction to movement lol
While some "newer" shorts (still maybe 2 years old) with all those fancy things on them were very similar to King in quality, which was sad. Anyway, all of this was from the same merchant so I guess it was the same batch and in general you cannot go wrong with Twins.

Btw as for King, I have tried all their K-1 shorts. What surprised me was that the same size in different designs differs a LOT in cut. A simple red model with no fancy things fit very well /looked quite horrible though) while 2 models with some shitty flames waist height was like 3 inches lower lol so the waistband was just a bit above my family jewels lol
Nice breakdown and thanks for the heads-up on the King K-1 shorts -- that sort of inconsistency between models is surprising!

Guys, so what are the prices in Thailand? How much are King, Top King, Twins, Boon and Fairtex (lets speak of plain shorts to compare it easier)?

Also, what about Top King Retro? How do you like the fit? And what about the size, should one go with the same size as usualy or rather with a smaller size or larger respectively?
Depends on where you go and how good your bargaining skills are/how big a purchase you're making in one shot. Out the door, I got my Twins shorts at Actionzone for 600 baht (and you know how pretty they are hahaha!)
Boon and Fairtex are more expensive, and I could have gotten a pair of standard Top Kings for the same price as my Twins.
No experience with the Top King retro's, unfortunately; would love to hear more about them from someone else that has experience with them!

Ok so I am pretty much just a shorter version of you haha. Perfect. How do I know which ones are the competition cut?
If you look at enough Twins shorts, you'll be able to tell by just eyeballing the cut in the photo. Kind of a lousy answer, I know, but it's true haha. More and more of the black label models are going towards the competition cut though.

Top King Retro order a size up. It's short shorts too.

Don't remember the prices exactly but it's like the thai websites minus the shipping in bangkok. At camps or stores elsewhere higher. King is half that since no one buys it.

I know Ryukyu bought top king retro and got boon to reverse engineer it to his specifications in Thailand in another thread.

So I'm guessing the difference in the competition cut is it's the much sharper angled legs?

It can depend on where you get them. Here's my experiences:

I picked up some twins at actionzone and they were 540 baht with the 10% discount (~$18)

I paid 1000 baht (~$33, I got reamed on those, but i wanted them) for some custom Top Kings at one gym I was training at and 800 baht (~$27) at another for custom Twins. (both with the gym's name on them)

I got some plain green Boon's custom made at their shop with a word in Thai script across the front, and those were only 350 baht (~$12). Turn around was about 2 weeks. They also have very reasonable prices on stock shorts, which go up in price as they get fancier.

Do any of you guys have any experience with the top king retro shorts? What's the cut like? How do they fit?

Above all, guys, stay always positive.

Can you see this retard 20 years ago?

S3TV0mC.jpg

And now..

lol

Something interesting happened tonight; too interesting that I can't help but share, but so interesting that I'd probably get flamed anywhere else on Sherdog, so I'll just say it here: by a strange twist of fate, I kinda accidentally gave Pedro Sauer's daughter her first Muay Thai lesson tonight. :eek:

... WTF right?!

Anyway, I post here because I can't keep this bottled up but I know the gear guys are cool and won't crucify me LOL. I was gonna get a pic with her after working out but it was too awkward (too many mutual friends around), but I'll probably see her again next week. :eek:

*ducks back under rock*

Something interesting happened tonight; too interesting that I can't help but share, but so interesting that I'd probably get flamed anywhere else on Sherdog, so I'll just say it here: by a strange twist of fate, I kinda accidentally gave Pedro Sauer's daughter her first Muay Thai lesson tonight. :eek:

... WTF right?!

Anyway, I post here because I can't keep this bottled up but I know the gear guys are cool and won't crucify me LOL. I was gonna get a pic with her after working out but it was too awkward (too many mutual friends around), but I'll probably see her again next week. :eek:

*ducks back under rock*

How is this done accidentally haha?

Back