wrong forum

Something interesting happened tonight; too interesting that I can't help but share, but so interesting that I'd probably get flamed anywhere else on Sherdog, so I'll just say it here: by a strange twist of fate, I kinda accidentally gave Pedro Sauer's daughter her first Muay Thai lesson tonight. :eek:

... WTF right?!

Anyway, I post here because I can't keep this bottled up but I know the gear guys are cool and won't crucify me LOL. I was gonna get a pic with her after working out but it was too awkward (too many mutual friends around), but I'll probably see her again next week. :eek:

*ducks back under rock*

Why would you get flamed?

How is this done accidentally haha?
We have a mutual friend, and this mutual friend suggested that I give Miss Sauer and another friend a quick Muay Thai lesson prior to a heavybag kickboxing class, so I gladly obliged. It wasn't until partway through the mini-lesson that Miss Sauer asked me if I grappled, then my friend mentioned, "Oh yeah, her dad's... Pedro Sauer was it?" and I was like :eek:

If it weren't for my mutual friend's suggestion, I probably would have just spent the evening trying to hit on Miss Sauer and the other friend LOL.

Why would you get flamed?
People would probably accuse me of BS or of bragging -- which I'm not, I'm just kind of tripped out at what a small world it is.

... That, and I want to avoid pervy requests for photos or whatnot haha!

We have a mutual friend, and this mutual friend suggested that I give Miss Sauer and another friend a quick Muay Thai lesson prior to a heavybag kickboxing class, so I gladly obliged. It wasn't until partway through the mini-lesson that Miss Sauer asked me if I grappled, then my friend mentioned, "Oh yeah, her dad's... Pedro Sauer was it?" and I was like :eek:

If it weren't for my mutual friend's suggestion, I probably would have just spent the evening trying to hit on Miss Sauer and the other friend LOL.

People would probably accuse me of BS or of bragging -- which I'm not, I'm just kind of tripped out at what a small world it is.

... That, and I want to avoid pervy requests for photos or whatnot haha!

How old is she and is she a BJJ-BB?

How old is she and is she a BJJ-BB?

I didn't ask but I think she's twenty or so; didn't ask about belt either but you figure she did from about the time she could walk until she was about 12-13 she said. :eek:

my top king custom gold gloves and shinguards are ready to ship, hopefully they come by next week.

my top king custom gold gloves and shinguards are ready to ship, hopefully they come by next week.

Can't wait to see pictures.

I was able to get my Reyes coffee mug. I ended up at the Lockwood store and picked that up, a new gym bag, and a couple of keychains. Awesome service.

Didn't wanna start a new thread so here goes, What the most cheapest boxing/wrestling boots you guys have used and were surprised by their quality and durability?

Didn't wanna start a new thread so here goes, What the most cheapest boxing/wrestling boots you guys have used and were surprised by their quality and durability?

I think I got an absolute steal. My pair of ascis wrestling shoes were $30 at the outlets. In my high school i've seen people use them for weekly track runs. Extreamley durable and imo okay for the ring surface.

I would check your outlets before anything. If you don't find them and need to resort to an online buy then go .5 up if you wear regular or thick socks. I went true to size and it's just a tad too tight on the toebox. Nothing un-bearable, just something to note.

I think I got an absolute steal. My pair of ascis wrestling shoes were $30 at the outlets. In my high school i've seen people use them for weekly track runs. Extreamley durable and imo okay for the ring surface.

I would check your outlets before anything. If you don't find them and need to resort to an online buy then go .5 up if you wear regular or thick socks. I went true to size and it's just a tad too tight on the toebox. Nothing un-bearable, just something to note.

I work at an outlet mall and neither nike nor adidas have any boxing/wrestling shoes, so i was trying to order some online +use a coupon, i mean these are dirt cheap ,but wonder how they hold up
http://store.titleboxing.com//nike-lo-pro-boxing-shoe.html

Figured I'd share this with you guys, made me lol.

So grant posted a picture of a gorgeous pair of white, red and gold gloves tho their Facebook page saying "the ONLY punchers glove!" So being me I decided to post on it:
"the only puncher's glove? How about Reyes? 10x the quality at 1/4 the price!" Needless to say they didn't find that very funny so they removed the comment and blocked me from commenting on their photos. They also removed a comment that said they only cost $650 haha.

So grant posted a picture of a gorgeous pair of white, red and gold gloves tho their Facebook page saying "the ONLY punchers glove!" So being me I decided to post on it:
"the only puncher's glove? How about Reyes? 10x the quality at 1/4 the price!" Needless to say they didn't find that very funny so they removed the comment and blocked me from commenting on their photos. They also removed a comment that said they only cost $650 haha.

HAHAHAHA, nice job! :icon_chee

hahaha i actually saw your comment when it was still up there. Grant is such a class act. Truly the best in the business hahaha

They only make punchers gloves because their gloves fall apart fast anyway.

On another note, I just got a tripod from amazon for $25 so I can take non-blurry pictures without flash so I can get the colors right.

Back