Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Im actually really looking forward to the Medium. Im in the mood for a good horror title, and best of all its on Gamepass.

Im actually really looking forward to the Medium. Im in the mood for a good horror title, and best of all its on Gamepass.

I watched a review for it and I am actually quite jelly... I am tempted actually... very tempted to get Gamepass...

I watched a review for it and I am actually quite jelly... I am tempted actually... very tempted to get Gamepass...
Looks like my type of shit, Im gonna play on the PC though. Seems to be polarizing if you go by the reviews though. Performance issues but I dont mind.

You might want to hold off, @jojo. The Medium is one of the best-looking games ever made, but it's not without graphic hiccups, even on the XSX, and it's horribly optimized on PC. This is frustrating because there's no reason it should suffer these issues on PC when it doesn't on the XSX:
The Medium cannot run with constant 60fps on the RTX3080, even at 1080p/High/RT Off settings

Maybe my favorite part of the DF analysis video was the demonstration of why non-rasterization effects like ray-tracing are slowly becoming much more palpably significant. I didn't timestamp, so you'll have to skip to 9:07:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...deeper-look-at-xboxs-first-next-gen-only-game

You might want to hold off, @jojo. The Medium is one of the best-looking games ever made, but it's not without graphic hiccups, even on the XSX, and it's horribly optimized on PC. This is frustrating because there's no reason it should suffer these issues on PC when it doesn't on the XSX:
The Medium cannot run with constant 60fps on the RTX3080, even at 1080p/High/RT Off settings

Maybe my favorite part of the DF analysis video was the demonstration of why non-rasterization effects like ray-tracing are slowly becoming much more palpably significant. I didn't timestamp, so you'll have to skip to 9:07:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...deeper-look-at-xboxs-first-next-gen-only-game

Just wow, its actually terrible and I have an 3090 FE. Ill get back to this once it has updates.

It runs terribly and honestly the game isnt a looker as I wouldve thought. Wasnt expecting Cyberpunk or a TLOU II but its meant to be next gen and current gen titles look better.... I want a nice slow title, guess Ill try the observation. Gamepass is too damn good.

EDIT: Not even a performance snob or anything but if the big boy can struggle, then wtf.

Got my series S coming today. Can’t wait

Just wow, its actually terrible and I have an 3090 FE. Ill get back to this once it has updates.

It runs terribly and honestly the game isnt a looker as I wouldve thought. Wasnt expecting Cyberpunk or a TLOU II but its meant to be next gen and current gen titles look better.... I want a nice slow title, guess Ill try the observation. Gamepass is too damn good.

EDIT: Not even a performance snob or anything but if the big boy can struggle, then wtf.

that's disappointing... :/

that's disappointing... :/
The title and its premise tickle my balls though.

Hopefully it runs really good in a few weeks or so. Too many other games to play that are far better optimised.

Dont expect RE7 level of great with it though.

Was looking forward to trying out The Medium. Good thing is this is a game that isn't in danger of being removed from game pass so no rush.

Got my series S coming today. Can’t wait
I'm debating getting an S. Don't know if I'll be getting a 4k TV anytime soon and I don't buy discs anymore anyway.

I'm debating getting an S. Don't know if I'll be getting a 4k TV anytime soon and I don't buy discs anymore anyway.

Well I got a ps5 for the 4K and shit. I bought the series S solely for games like Warframe and smite because I own so much shit on them and it’s not cross platform. I might upgrade to the series x if they release shit that blows my socks off.

Who's dick did you suck to get... I mean how did you score that 3090 FE???
I wanted the 3080 FE but they just kept selling out in 1/15 of a millisecond, impossible to get whenever there was a little drop after many weeks. Luckily thats not the case for the big boy, had ample time, picked it up after getting a discord bot notification, and that was that. Theyre not as hard to pick up and much less of a headache.

$50 Xbox Series X controllers via Wal-Mart:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Robot-White/897028435
ca5ca095-c075-47ac-8903-61dbe9ee65c7.c0aca60f75a0e742f51b3c3896e346ed.jpeg

Game Stop lost my order. I ended up securing a pre-order bundle before Christmas, but the bundle didn't release until January 5th and got an announcement it shipped on the 2 days late on the 7th. Tag was made and order said it was being shipped by Fed Ex, and I thought great, don't even care it will be a few days late. Delivery date came and went and when I called, they said their was a problem sending it to a P.O. box due to the batteries, so made a note to hold it at a Fed Ex shipping station that I would pick up. Another week goes by and when I call on status, the previous shipping tag had been cancelled so I gave them a new address of my in-laws since they're retired and always home to get packages. Wait another week with no status and called back today and was informed that due to the time of the delay they have to mark it as "lost in transit" and I can either get a refund or replacement. I opted for the replacement, but with all of the shortages I have no idea when they'll even be able to fulfill the order. It will take them 3-5 business days to even process the loss and even get a new status.

Game Stop lost my order. I ended up securing a pre-order bundle before Christmas, but the bundle didn't release until January 5th and got an announcement it shipped on the 2 days late on the 7th. Tag was made and order said it was being shipped by Fed Ex, and I thought great, don't even care it will be a few days late. Delivery date came and went and when I called, they said their was a problem sending it to a P.O. box due to the batteries, so made a note to hold it at a Fed Ex shipping station that I would pick up. Another week goes by and when I call on status, the previous shipping tag had been cancelled so I gave them a new address of my in-laws since they're retired and always home to get packages. Wait another week with no status and called back today and was informed that due to the time of the delay they have to mark it as "lost in transit" and I can either get a refund or replacement. I opted for the replacement, but with all of the shortages I have no idea when they'll even be able to fulfill the order. It will take them 3-5 business days to even process the loss and even get a new status.

That's some bullshit. Hopefully they offer you some kind of discount this time around.

That sucks. They should issue you a couple of GME shares to make it up to you.

After getting my hopes crushed by Gamestop losing my order yesterday, I got an email notification from GameFly that they had limited bundles in stock. Literally was looking at my phone to see if I had any updates and the email popped up. Jumped all over it and picked up one of the Watchdogs + Controller combo. They also bloated the bundled with 9 months of GameFly service, which I just tack on to my existing membership, so while I paid up front it's money I would have already spent. Got the conformation so that feels pretty good. Checked a few minutes later and they're all sold out.

So remember that Series X/S video just before Launch?

At 11 Seconds in

EuW4VLzXIAAnjD3

Back