Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

That is, of course, if you aren't a Game Pass subscriber, in which case you already have access to the game, and presumably this will include the improved version once it is updated in the summer.

Awesome news. It's been a long time since I bought a non-Nintendo console. I was kind of 50/50 on getting the X through All Access but so far I've really liked Game Pass. I'm happy with the combo deal.

New console update

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/05/11/may-2021-xbox-update/
  • Quick Resume is getting even better with improved reliability, faster load times, and a new group that organizes your Quick Resume games in one place.
  • Passthrough audio gives your media apps the best possible listening experience with your external sound system.
  • Starting this month, you can approve multiplayer games for your kids by specific title – directly from the console or when using the Xbox Family Settings app on iOS and Android.
Plus also a controller update, new dynamic background and can watch game trailers with game pass.

tenor.gif

Is a Series X still difficult to find? There are a lot of games I’d love to play on it. Just don’t want to pay scalping fees. GF will freak when she sees a big block next to our TV.

Is a Series X still difficult to find? There are a lot of games I’d love to play on it. Just don’t want to pay scalping fees. GF will freak when she sees a big block next to our TV.
Yeah, they are still scarce unfortunately.

Man I bought a Series X controller for my PC didn't even know they switched from Micro USB to USB-C. WTF is the point of that smh now I gotta go back to walmart and buy another cable.

Man I bought a Series X controller for my PC didn't even know they switched from Micro USB to USB-C. WTF is the point of that smh now I gotta go back to walmart and buy another cable.
It should charge the controller faster.

Umm the controller uses batteries, the USB is just for going wired. I believe...
Isn't there a battery pack you can use too? I assume it's because the elite series 2 uses usb-c for charging, and it's easier for them to just use the same components for both.

But yeah, as far as just going wired there aren't as many benefits. Micro USB is pretty flimsy in comparison though.

Isn't there a battery pack you can use too? I assume it's because the elite series 2 uses usb-c for charging, and it's easier for them to just use the same components for both.

But yeah, as far as just going wired there aren't as many benefits. Micro USB is pretty flimsy in comparison though.

When I was using my Xbox One controller on PC, when I turned my PC on the controller turned on automatically. With the Series X controller, when I turn my PC on, I still have to press the center button the turn the controller on, it doesnt come on automatically. Do you know if this is this normal behavior?

D you know if its optional? And how locked the new framerates are?

The reason I ask is, I'd rather have a locked 30fps than 60fps with dips/stutters.
Digital Foundry have done a ton of tests, if you want to get a more informed view..

But so far I haven't really experienced much stuttering game to game.

Why didn't you just buy the Controller that comes with the USB-C cord? They have them at Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, and many other retailers.
Umm the controller uses batteries, the USB is just for going wired. I believe...
You can use cables to charged the battery packs, or to keep the controller charged while you play. Why else would you care about a cable connection? Just pair the controller over Bluetooth.

USB-C is the one port to rule them all. The sooner everything is USB-C to USB-C, the sooner we won't have a million dumb cords that only negotiate a limited number of device connections.
The reason I ask is, I'd rather have a locked 30fps than 60fps with dips/stutters.
Why? It's inferior. The Xbox is VRR-capable. There are no tears. Do some Googling to figure out if your TV/monitor is VRR-capable, and whether not you want to allow 4K, or limit to 1440p depending on its specs.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-tvs

Back