Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

I mean a lot of people have been in consistent denial about exclusivity. lol
Didnt Phil Spencer confirm it was exclusive to all platforms wit Gamepass? Basically PC/Xbox.

Jeff is a notorious idiot.

Didnt Phil Spencer confirm it was exclusive to all platforms wit Gamepass? Basically PC/Xbox.

Jeff is a notorious idiot.
Why's he a idiot..? Because he gave returnal a three out of 5. :D

I think he's alright.. and his summer game mess has been pretty accurate in terms of event dates.

Why's he a idiot..? Because he gave returnal a three out of 5. :D
Havent played Returnal. Look at all is Elden Ring flops, this dude has shot so many blanks its hilarious. Zelda/GOW etc.

Never been into twin stick shooters, and man are the recent Xbox exclusives looking so bland and boring. DnD game looks bad, this looks meh, and the Medium sucked. Here's hoping the Scorn and Starfield turn the ship around, looking forward to those.
I'm a fan of the genre..

Played a fuck ton of Dead Nation on PS3, and Hotline Miami..

The Ascent will be on Gamepass, so worth a try going by previews.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-18-the-ascent-preview

I just looked up how well Fallout New Vegas runs on the XBX since its on gamepass, and its 720P/30FPS.

<{hfved}>

And that made me wonder, does the Master Chief Collection run on the XBX to the same resolution and framerate it did on XB1? And if so, has there been any word if there'll be an update?

I just looked up how well Fallout New Vegas runs on the XBX since its on gamepass, and its 720P/30FPS.

<{hfved}>

And that made me wonder, does the Master Chief Collection run on the XBX to the same resolution and framerate it did on XB1? And if so, has there been any word if there'll be an update?

MCC had One X enhancements (4k hdr), plus is optimised for the Series S/X also.

MCC had One X enhancements (4k hdr), plus is optimised for the Series S/X also.

Sweet.

The MCC is very high on the list of games I'm looking forward to playing.

*Witcher 3 (Next-Gen Update)
*Cyberpunk 2077 (Next-Gen Update, after its completed)
*Mass Effect Legendary Edition
*Master Chief Collection
*Halo 2021

<{hfved}>

Not every title gets love from the new machines, and the trend seems to be that any enhancements only go back one generation. So for example, some 360 titles were improved on the One X and those carry forward to the Series X, and there’s improvements to some One games on the Series X/S but I don’t think there exists any improvements to any 360 games on the Series X other than the very select few games that ever got any kind of One X enhancement. For example I recently played through the 360 version of the Orange Box on my Series X. Apparently in 2018 they had made One X enhancements to make the game run at 4K, so I was able to take advantage of those, but had those never been implemented on the One X in 2018 it’s probably safe to assume there would be no enhancements made specifically for the Series X for the game in 2021.

As New Vegas never got any enhancements for the One X, there’s been no enhancements on the Series X.

As New Vegas never got any enhancements for the One X, there’s been no enhancements on the Series X.

<1>

OIP.LO8ENinrxsVeJq3h4_l3vAHaDr

Come on, Microsoft.

Not every title gets love from the new machines, and the trend seems to be that any enhancements only go back one generation. So for example, some 360 titles were improved on the One X and those carry forward to the Series X, and there’s improvements to some One games on the Series X/S but I don’t think there exists any improvements to any 360 games on the Series X other than the very select few games that ever got any kind of One X enhancement. For example I recently played through the 360 version of the Orange Box on my Series X. Apparently in 2018 they had made One X enhancements to make the game run at 4K, so I was able to take advantage of those, but had those never been implemented on the One X in 2018 it’s probably safe to assume there would be no enhancements made specifically for the Series X for the game in 2021.

Any One X enhancements was upto the developer at the time not Microsoft much like Pro enhancements on the Sony side (Unless it was a Microsoft Studio).

Not true. Fallout 76 is one of the "FPS Boost" titles which received a proper framerate optimization-- now at 60fps. You have to manually turn this on using the XSX:
https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/

The native resolution hasn't been tweaked, though, so it just artificially upscales to 4K.

Back