Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Xbox Series X|S vs Xbox 360 Sales Comparison - April 2021 - Sales
This monthly series compares the aligned worldwide sales of the Xbox Series X|S and Xbox 360.

The Xbox Series X|S launched in November 2020, while the Xbox 360 launched in November 2005 in North America and December 2005 in Europe and Japan. This does mean the holiday periods for the two consoles do lineup.
april-2021-sales-9-2.png

Net positive unit sales vs. 360 on a month-per-month basis:
april-2021-sales-9-1.png

april-2021-sales-9-3.png

XSX|S Vs. X360 Worldwide:

Gap change in latest month: 18,382 – X360

Total Lead: 1,906,261 – XSX|S

Xbox Series X|S Total Sales: 4,814,160

Xbox 360 Total Sales: 2,909,899

April 2021 is the sixth month the Xbox Series X|S has been available for. In the latest month, the gap grew in favor of the Xbox 360 when compared to the aligned launch of the Xbox Series X|S by 18,382 units. The Xbox Series X|S is currently ahead by 1.91 million units.

The Xbox Series X|S has sold 4.81 million units in six months, while the Xbox 360 sold 2.91. million units. Month 6 for the Xbox Series X|S is April 2021 and for the Xbox One is April 2006.

The Xbox Series 360 did not reach current Xbox Series X|S sales until month 12 where it had sold 5.09 million units.

The Xbox 360 crossed 10 million units sold in month 19, 20 million in month 34, and 30 million in month 43. The Xbox 360 sold 85.81 million units lifetime.
Good news for Xbox fans. Sales for the platform are very robust, and revenues are higher per unit sold than for any other platform. This means Microsoft won't hesitate going forward to continue investing big into their gaming division, and won't necessarily be reluctant to pursue more aggressive exclusive strategies with acquisitions.

I know this one will be much better, but man, I just cannot help but think back to the last big bethesda event at E3 where they shit the bed on a pretty epic level.

Again, this one will obviously be better since they should hve something new to show.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/avowed-morrowind-the-elder-scrolls-6/amp/

However, Avowed is probably going to be quite different from Skyrim, and the game it seems more similar to is Morrowind. Avowed is based on the Pillars of Eternity games and will likely include plenty of callbacks to those, but its rumored setting is going to be something else entirely, probably based on the Living Lands of Eora - much like Morrowind was very different from the rest of Tamriel. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and while many of these similarities may be based on speculation and rumors, it is plausible that Avowed and Morrowindwill be compared a lot in the future.

Avowed's magic casting is different than that of Skyrim in many regards, at least from what was seen in its trailer. Skyrim's magic system can feel a bit outdated, especially because of the very similar graphic effects that spells have, which in a way may make them immersion-breaking. On the other hand, Avowed's spells look more hard fantasy in the way they are cast, with the characters waving their hands in the air only for symbols to appear as runes engulf the caster.

Magic is important here because it is likely that Obsidian will deliver a product that takes the best parts of its other titles, and this may end up including the spell system from Tyranny. Tyranny had a very deep and interesting spell crafting system that allowed players to combine different types of sigils, which included Core, Expression, Accent, and Enhancement. Core components were the basic theme of a spell - or the element associated with it, while the others were ways to enhance and change the spell's behavior and effects. This is not too far off from Morrowind's 'Spellmaking' service, and the feature was also included in Morrowind's sequel, Oblivion.

I just looked up how well Fallout New Vegas runs on the XBX since its on gamepass, and its 720P/30FPS.

<{hfved}>

And that made me wonder, does the Master Chief Collection run on the XBX to the same resolution and framerate it did on XB1? And if so, has there been any word if there'll be an update?
Yeah I started it and it does not run very well on my series S.

Still haven't bothered looking for a series x in a while. Are they still impossible to find in the store?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/xbox-valve-e3-2021-announcement-rumor/amp/

A known Valve insider has stirred up an existing rumor about a Valve and Microsoft partnership, and the stars could align for a big E3 announcement.

This morning, the PC Gaming Show announced that Valve would be attending the event during E3 for the first time for a "special announcement." That would be news in and of itself, but it came after known Valve insider Tyler McVicker dropped a video filled with E3 predictions and one particular detail about Valve. According to McVicker, Gabe Newell and Xbox head Phil Spencer have been in conversations specifically regarding Game Pass. As quoted from the video, "the only way Steam can get Game Pass is if Xbox can get Steam."

This isn't the first time that a collaboration between Xbox and Steam has hit the rumor mill, and several factors make this more than just pre-E3 hearsay. The mere fact that someone from Valve will be announcing something at E3 is unusual enough to make anyone with knowledge of the company's inner workings tilt their head. On top of that, Valve supposedly has a portable gaming system in the works, and Gabe Newell mentioned in a recent New Zealand Q&A that more news about Steam and consoles would be coming "by the end of the year." A version of Steam arriving on the Xbox Series X in some form would certainly fit that tease.

I don't see why Xbox would want Steam on their system. Why have a competing store on your own ecosystem?

I don't see why Xbox would want Steam on their system. Why have a competing store on your own ecosystem?

Market share that Steam has is larger than Xbox or Playstation. Modern day consoles are just restricted Pc's. Microsoft has the ability to easily integrate Windows OS capabilities to Xbox for gaming developers.

Market share that Steam has is larger than Xbox or Playstation.

Yep. Which is why I could see Gamepass coming to steam. Not to mention that the gamepass app is garbage and they need to abandon UWP in general. Beyond that I don't see much else happening between the two companies.

I’m interested in picking up Flight Simulator for my Series X. I hope it ends up looking close to as good as it does on PC. I’d love to play it with my Dad as he and I used to play Flight Simulator together on Windows 95 more than 25 years ago.

To follow on this , its looking like they want to add at least one first party game per quarter to Game Pass on release

And also working on new hardware, some of which won't be revealed for years.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...es-some-of-which-wont-come-to-light-for-years

We're already hard at work on new hardware and platforms, some of which won't come to light for years. But even as we build for the future, we're focused on extending the Xbox experience to more devices today so we can reach more people."

Last edited:
Not yet from what I can see going through a couple of articles

Damn I'm ready for Xbox to kick it in gear with all their studios. Once they start pumping out games consistently between them and Sony I'll be in gamer heaven.

Back