XFGEAR Long Sleeve Gorilla Rashgaurd

MIDMOBOX

Telling People things they don't want to know
@Black
Reaction score
As I promised earlier I have purchased the XFGear Long Sleeve Gorilla Rashgaurd and will over time try to complete a review of it.

The item is available from both XFGear direct and SSF

http://ssfgear.com/shopsite_sc/product56.html
http://xfgear.com/index.php?page=sh...roduct_id=297&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

My wife actually placed my order for me late on Feb 18 through www.ssfgear.com. I have made several purchases from Ron and have been happy with each. I found that I received the merchandise quickly and it all was as advertised. Although the same item was available through www.xfgear.com for the same price, I decided to stick with SSF based on my previous experience. In the past I have received items from SSF as quickly as 2 days so the following Monday Feb 26 I dropped a quick email back to SSF in regards to the order. I had received an email acceptance of the order but had not received any notice of shipping or if the item had been back ordered.(I couldn

I noticed that I did not mention size. I'm just a hair above 6' and just more than the 210 that the size chart recomends.

Size Chart from www.xfgear.com
Rashguards

Medium
120 -150 lbs

Large
150 -180 lbs

X Large
180 -210 lbs

I bought the XL and I can't complain.

Thanks for the 1st hand account of the rashguard. Looking forward for more reviews after you have rolled in them. Have been really interested in getting one so it will be nice to find out more from someone who has experience in it. So far only heard goods stuff about it from the forum.
Wonder how would the lettering and graphics do again constant wear and tear. l am small size so most of the time l am on my back and thats where the gorilla is printed.

Got a email from SSF today apoligizing for the delay. Someone named Kat. Nice and proffesionally done. Still can't beef SSF's service.

03-05

Finally got around to rolling around in the xfgear rashgaurd. It was a pretty basic workout, mostly involving drills on setting up an arm bar and a triangle as well as a few sweeps. Nothing that intense but I actually needed the pratice.

Anyway. The first thing I noticed is that I didn't notice the rg at all while I was working out. It didn't shift, bunch or slide. I didn't get that wet feeling I do with a t-shirt or even a loose fit RG. I never got overly hot and basically forgot I had the thing on. I spent a good part of the 2 hours on my back and the printing on the back didn't bother me either. I was concerned, however I didn't really notice a differnce in feel between the graphics and just the fabric.

A quick check of the RG afterwards showed no changes. I was concerned as I ended up rolling onto some velcro a couple of times on the edge of a throw mat laying around. I was worried it might snag the fabric but it didn't. The graphics were intact as well.

The only thing I might ask is that the torso be an inch or two longer. I felt like my GI pants rode down a hair and I would like to know I have that give covered. However I don't remember pulling the RG down only the pants up.

A quick handwash and line dried already so it will be good to go for my next class.

We had to drop ship the XFgear rashguard to you because all our XFgear stuff was still boxed up from the move so we thought it would be faster to have them send it to you. We have since unpacked most of our gear and are starting to stock the Pro shop for the grand opening. I'm sorry for the delay. The move has been a bitch but it's coming all together and the school/shop looks great. Thanks again for your support.

www.SSFgear.com

I really can't gripe it still got here faster than most anything else I order. Even from a company that is 2 miles from my house.

"We had to drop ship the XFgear rashguard to you because all our XFgear stuff was still boxed up from the move so we thought it would be faster to have them send it to you"

I knew I was special.

Actually based on past experience Ron actually treats everybody like this.

Glad you like the rashgaurd. We try to make improvements whenever we need to so I will be sure to keep the torso length in mind.

Also I have to take blame for the delay, Ron sent the email about the drop ship and I had been screwing around with this new spamblocker thing our server added and it ended up blocking a few emails it shouldn't have. :redface:

No need to apoligize.

I plan on documenting this RG as long as anyone has intrest or I reach the point that there is nothing left to add. THen I will move on to what ever peice of euipment I purchase then.

I think most of the minor fit issues I've noted so far are a result of my personal bodytype and preconcieved ideas of the way things should be. For example the tight lower sleeve annoyed me at first but after wearing it the purpose becomes clear. I would still love to see a loose fit longsleeve but I am begining to understand the advantages of the tight fit in both function and form.

Thks for the reviews. Guess l made up my mind to buy XFgear as my next rashguard.

Well after several more workouts followed by washing, this time machine washed inside a pillow case, and line dryings I am pleased to say nothing has changed with the appearance, no pilling caused by washing, no fading, no peeling graphics.

However like all microfiber/spandex clothes I have managed to snag this RG. A set of CSI gloves velcro managed to get my left sholder today(why they don't have covers over the wrist straps like their boxing gloves is beyond me). However I am pleased to report a few quick tugs and the snags basically fixed itself. It seems that all my microfiber type shirts have heavy snagging on the left sholder. I think all of them are caused by velcro. I know that I shoulder block punches alot so I would say that is the cause.

Also today I which I spent very actively on my back fending off a former Div II class wrestler, I did notice that the area covered by the gorilla itched slightly, however it was not to the point of being annoying, and if I wasn't trying to detail every experience with this RG I doubt I would have noticed at all.

I have gotten more use to the apperance on me. I feel less like a sausage each time I wear it.(maybe with all this rolling I'm losing weight)(conclusion XFGear rashgaurds will make you lose weight JJ)

The people who have seen it on say nothing but postive things. Since most people around here wear UA or Knock Off brands alot of them have asked about where I got it and if it is that much better that UA. And since it prices only a couple bucks more than a UA I can't think of a reason not to buy it.

I honestly think it is superior in several ways. The first being appearance. Its hard to beat the look of this RG. Right down to the gorilla and the big XFGear on the front. The fit beats UA for grappling as well, you can tell its a purpose built item. It does what it is designed to do, protect you on the ground while you roll around. I think it will win the durablitly contest, I can already tell that the stitching is stronger and the fabric seems to be more durable and I think it actaully breathes better than Hot Gear as well.

Since I seem to like a tight fit rash guard more and more and can't find a loose long sleeve I like. I am now considering purchasing the new SSF long sleeve when it finally comes out(the one with the triangle badging) or I might even purchase another XFGear long sleeve sans gorilla.

Well a quick update, although I was out off the mats for awhile I am still testing this RG. And so far so good. the one advantage to not being about to grappling is it leaves more time for cardio and rehab. So now that I'm minus a few pounds this RG fights even better. And looks better too. There are a few little catches from the velcro on some gloves on the left sholder but nothing that interfers with the function or overall appernance of the RG. Still think that this is a decent item for a good price if you like a tight fit RG.

So a large size at 155 would be no problem?

I noticed that I did not mention size. I'm just a hair above 6' and just more than the 210 that the size chart recomends.

Size Chart from www.xfgear.com
Rashguards

Medium
120 -150 lbs

Large
150 -180 lbs

X Large
180 -210 lbs

I bought the XL and I can't complain.

see they do Run small!!!! I sent my Medium back for a large--Im still waiting for mine though

Why cant i just pay normally with credit card on xfgear ? :S

only paypal :S

Back