Yakuza and Judgment series thread

Best Yakuza game

• Total voters
Still waiting on 3/4 remastered North America news......................

Pre-ordered Judgement awhile ago. It will have tide me over. I'll probably play Fist of the North Star sometime as well.

Judgement looks awesome though, from what little I've seen. Tried to not watch too much about it. I'll just buy whatever they make.

Last edited:
I’m a bit hesitant regarding Judgement. I know I will like it, but I am afraid this Judgement will feel like some long story dlc to Yakuza since it is based in Kamurocho, will there be anything new? I hope the area doesn’t bore me.

I played the demo of Judgement a few months ago from the Japanese PSN store. I think it'll be a decent game but do I really want to play something which still feels very much like a Yakuza game but without the usual cast of characters and that fun Yakuza atmosphere?

I'll no doubt pick it up at some point but it's not going into my top priority spots just yet.

I've never been a sidequests kind of person, but goddamn, Yakuza 0's business sidequests are so much fun. Especially the pimping business with Majima.

When I sometimes meet shitty people seeking a confrontation, I channel Kiryu or Beat Takeshi. I never seek shit. They back down and run, bike or walk away calling me a f@g. Life lessons from Yakuza.

Also updates for Judgment. I’m also a lawyer;)

I am a weirdo when I play Yakuza games. I like the side missions like running hostess club and real estate.

Fuck! Amazon has the release date listed as the 25th. I pre-ordered awhile ago because there was a $10 off deal but now I have to wait. Suuuucks. Get a sweet Ryu Ga Gotoku sticker though, I guess that's something.

The reviews are looking good. I’m finishing AC Odyssey today (Hades fight) and will jump to Judgment even thought I have had it for almost a week.

I am a weirdo when I play Yakuza games. I like the side missions like running hostess club and real estate.

Nothing weird about this. It's probably two of the best sidequests I've ever played in any game (the only other sidequest game I can think of that rivaled this would be the blitzball from final fantasy x and Gwent card game from Witcher 3).

I was actually lamenting on how the other yakuza games do not have something like those 2 particular side quests... really enjoyed them.

Just got Judgement in the mail.. and read about them possibly doing a Kiwami version of Kenzan. Not exactly the news I was hoping for, but still very cool.

I was a second away from buying Judgement but I'm glad I didn't. I just find these games to be meh and super cheesy. I wish they were more like Sleeping Dogs or GTA or even Shenmue. The UIs are so bad and distracting too.

I still love Sega though.

I was a second away from buying Judgement but I'm glad I didn't. I just find these games to be meh and super cheesy. I wish they were more like Sleeping Dogs or GTA or even Shenmue. The UIs are so bad and distracting too.

I still love Sega though.

It’s pretty good but after having Kiryu... dude has charisma but he ain’t Kaz. First time you see Kiryu, it’s OMG this fucker is going to kick some ass.

I had a throat infraction for a while two-three years ago and I had a Kiryu deep bass back throat voice and the girls, the courts (IAAL) and people I met were imperessed. Oh and I have a Spitz.

I believe the most time i spend in any Yakuza game was spent by playing Virtua Fighter 5 in Yakuza 6.

Started Yakuza Kiwami last weekend and it's been great. I'm hoping Nishi isn't a POS now like they are portraying him but will see.

I started playing Yakuza Kiwami. I played the original back when it came out but never continued with the series. It's just as awesome as I remember it. Beating the crap out of people is so satisfying in this game. My favorite move was throwing people against the wall while yelling fuck you but I don't think I've unlocked it yet.

Back