Yakuza and Judgment series thread

Best Yakuza game

• Total voters
Walking the walk and talking the talk -

Me getting my Kiryu on

And I walk around with a suit at work and an UV shirt on the beach.

Finally! I'm so glad they're doing the last 3. I've been checking for an update a sad amount, this is big news.

The second that physical collection goes up for pre-order I'm getting it.

Finally! I'm so glad they're doing the last 3. I've been checking for an update a sad amount, this is big news.

The second that physical collection goes up for pre-order I'm getting it.

Yep I just beat Kiwami a couple of months ago. I've been slowly playing through the series don't want to burn myself out.

Yep I just beat Kiwami a couple of months ago. I've been slowly playing through the series don't want to burn myself out.

I was holding off on Kiwami 2 until they announced what's going on with 3. Always wanted some Yakuza on the horizon.

This was better news than I expected. Just figured they'd maybe only announce 3 as digital only or something, if anything.

I love that the collection comes with a ps3 case for 5. That's an amazing touch. They know their fans.

Not to get greedy, but I will, I hope they do bring out the samurai one as well.

I was holding off on Kiwami 2 until they announced what's going on with 3. Always wanted some Yakuza on the horizon.

Yea I was essentially doing the same. I was going to wait either way to play #2 because I just recently beat 1 but I would have never started #2 without at least knowing #3 was coming out soon.

My post with all the series details got deleted by my pocket delete.

I’ll rebuild it unless a mod can help me.

Judgment is cool.

3 is the only English language version I don’t have.

Still haven't started Judgement yet. I know it doesn't really matter but I was going to wait until after I play through 6 and before the new series.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/yakuza-7-revealed-with-turn-based-combat-and-more/1100-6469466/

In a big change for the Yakuza series, it appears the combat now plays out in a turn-based system. You can see this in action in the video below. Interestingly, the developers, Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, released an April Fools video this year that joked that the Yakuza combat would change to turn-based. As it turns out, it really is. Nagoshi said during the press conference that he hopes fans will welcome the change to the combat system, and if they don't, the developers will consider switching back with the next release.

Damn. I put so much work in the OP including editing and my pocket reverted back and the admins say they can’t do anything. Maybe over the weekend I’ll put together what I had.

I'm actually really looking forward to a turn based Yakuza. Some people seem really upset, I'm excited. Such a great studio, I have tons of faith the game will be great too.

For the first time, I might actually hold off on buying this installment within the first week and wait for some serious gameplay videos to come out. I'm excited to see Ichiban Kasuga's story and Yokohama... but this whole turn based RPG style combat has me cautious.

Minor update.

Also found this fun film - Yakuza game tattoos are extremely important to the story (how Kiryu manage to take shirt and jacket off for boss fights is a Yakuza secret).

A cool film I also found:

Japanese Steven Seagal at 9 minutes.

Last edited:
I currently play in zero.

Zero was fun. I've been making my way through it slowly. I've done Zero and Kiwami. Not sure when I'll get around to Kiwami 2 but soon most likely.

I did all 3 for PC. They are all pretty good and slightly different. I forgot which version but one had OP tiger drop vs the other where it was harder to hit it. I played them all in a row and the gameplay feels slightly different but blended together. Kiwami had the crazy majima grind where he chases you around town.

I just picked up Kiwami 1 and 2 on the Steam sale, as I finally got into Yakuza 0.

I tried playing the first two Yakuza games on the PS2 back in the day, and I'm pretty sure I played Yakuza 3 at some point too. I could never get into them for some reason, think it was because I thought it was GTA-like and was disappointed in the limited environments. I got Yakuza 0 for the PS4 on my bday last year. I liked it, but the load times and frame rates were obnoxious.

I bought Yakuza 0 on the Steam Xmas sale this year, and finally started it this week. I ruined my sleep cycle on it lol, about 50 hours in already, what a blast. The story/characters are so damn good, and the bizarre side stories, and crazy amount of mini game are bananas.

Kiryu is such a badass, and I love the various mob bosses, especially Kuze, he's nuts.

Magima is fun to play as too, especially his Eddy Gordo capoeira style. My fav mini game/business thing is his Cabaret club. I've spent stupid hours getting the best girls in town, dressing them up. It's ridiculous, but it def tickles my yellow fever. Now that I finally understand the dancing element, I'm really enjoying that activity too.

I love the Mr Shakedown aspect too, they terrified me at first, now I hunt them
MammothUnitedAndeancat.gif

The Godfather meets Anime, such a perfect combo I didn't know I needed. I can't wait to finish this so i can start Kiwami 1. I know it's the remake of Yakuza 1, so I'm pumped to get to play the story for the first time, and a modernized version.

Looks like they are just doing a standard remaster collection for 3,4,5.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/20/20814029/yakuza-3-4-5-remaster-collection-release-date-ps4

Damn, I was hoping they'd get the Kiwami/0 treatment. Anyone pick the remaster up? Was it hard to go from Kiwami 2 to Yakuza 3? I'll surely pick it up when they release on PC, just to continue the story. I'm glad to hear they put some cut content back in, especially the hostess thing.

Last edited:
Back