Yakuza: LAD sequel in development

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Yakuza: Like a Dragon Sequel In Development

The game will see Ichiban Kasuga's return in the spotlight once again.

20210506004808_1.jpg

SEGA has just publicly announced a statement from the Ryu Ga Gotoku development team regarding the future of the series. The current director of RGG Studio “Masayoshi Yokoyama” has stated in a heartfelt message to the fans that a sequel to 2020’s Yakuza Like a Dragon is currently in development and that it is going to continue the story of Ichiban Kasuga, the protagonist of the last Yakuza game.

(...)

This news is also followed by the unfortunate departure of two of RGG Studio’s most prolific personalities, first being Toshihiro Nagoshi himself and the other being Daisuke Sato. Nagoshi-san stated in his message that, “As I depart from SEGA, I’m also leaving my position as the head of Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. Thank you to the fans who have supported us and the Yakuza series for many years. You have my sincerest and deepest gratitude.

(...)

Both figures further talked about passing the series onto a new blood and how they’re hopeful for what will await the series in the future, with Nagoshi-san stating, “As of today, a new Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio is born where the series will live on. Though I don’t know for sure what they will create, I believe the new generation will further enhance the foundation we built over the years and deliver great games to the world.”

YLAD.jpg

Full read (External)

This series is pumping out games way faster then I can keep up. I'll never catch up at this point.

This series is pumping out games way faster then I can keep up. I'll never catch up at this point.
Huge Yakuza fan. Got most of them except like a dragon. Wish they'd release remakes of the spinoffs in samurai era instead.

Kabukicho gets old at times.

I don't know how much more they can milk out of the plot. They already hit the 90s and Yakuza IRL are in decline. I am surprised they never had one series based on their youth and come up.

I love the yakuza games, especially 0 and Kiwami remakes. I still have to finish the first Judgment game. I'm going to wait for a price drop, as both of those are on Steam now, but way overpriced. They'd be perfect on on Steam Deck.

I'm glad they went turn based for this. I def plan on playing it at some point.

I'd like to see them go all in and really open up the world, like GTA style. I'd settle for another Sleeping Dogs

Back