Y'all into AR pistols?

sakfjgadsyukgf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just checking. I recently bought a Freedom FX-9, a 9mm AR pistol with an 8.5' barrel length (I believe they make a longer, PCC version too). It's fun to shoot, and for home defense it's meant to be a short, maneuverable weapon- can go down stairs, around corners and no one's gonna grab the end of it away from me. If I'm being honest, it sort of fulfills my innate desire for a submachine gun- this is like the updated, modern version (sort of) for those of us who can't afford an MP5.

To counter the naysayers- no, it's really not that loud, even without a suppressor. About as loud as my full-size AR. Is perfectly accurate within a relatively short distance. Little recoil or muzzle rise. I understand you lose a bit of velocity with the shorter barrel, but I don't think it's really that much.

Anyone else have an AR pistol? See a utility for them in home defense or elsewhere? Anyone arguing they suck and I should have an SBR with 300 Blackout or something instead?

Just checking. I recently bought a Freedom FX-9, a 9mm AR pistol with an 8.5' barrel length (I believe they make a longer, PCC version too). It's fun to shoot, and for home defense it's meant to be a short, maneuverable weapon- can go down stairs, around corners and no one's gonna grab the end of it away from me. If I'm being honest, it sort of fulfills my innate desire for a submachine gun- this is like the updated, modern version (sort of) for those of us who can't afford an MP5.

To counter the naysayers- no, it's really not that loud, even without a suppressor. About as loud as my full-size AR. Is perfectly accurate within a relatively short distance. Little recoil or muzzle rise. I understand you lose a bit of velocity with the shorter barrel, but I don't think it's really that much.

Anyone else have an AR pistol? See a utility for them in home defense or elsewhere? Anyone arguing they suck and I should have an SBR with 300 Blackout or something instead?

AR pistols are fantastic, but what you are describing is still a pcc. I like those as well. An AR pistol is just the "pistol" configuration of an AR in any caliber.

M7KCdeR.jpg

Like this is my 300blk AR pistol.

300 blk is definitely superior to 9mm. Subsonic and obviously supersonic performance is superior. 300 blk also suppresses better.

But yeah I like pcc. They used to be very cheap to feed and that was the major benefit over 300blk. They are fun and with quality ammo would definitely be a good hd gun.

Here is a sbr'd CZ scorpion with another AR pistol
kNJqhyi.jpg

Interesting, good to know. It's funny you mentioned a CZ Scorpion, I had actually gone to the store with the intention of buying that exact gun, but ended up liking the FX-9 better. I like the Glock magazine compatibility and didn't want the hassle of SBRing something.

What's the SBR process like, anyways? Just takes a long long time?

Interesting, good to know. It's funny you mentioned a CZ Scorpion, I had actually gone to the store with the intention of buying that exact gun, but ended up liking the FX-9 better. I like the Glock magazine compatibility and didn't want the hassle of SBRing something.

What's the SBR process like, anyways? Just takes a long long time?

With a Form 4 (buying an sbr) it takes a while.

E Form 1 online (building an sbr) it takes like 1-2 months.

Process isn't too bad.

I recommend filing as a trust.

So the e form process is like this.

So you will need to fill out the E form 1, form 5320.23 (responsible persons form), upload a passport style picture of yourself, upload a copy of your trust, pay $200 and you will need to mail in 2 copies of your finger prints. You will also need to mail in a state copy of that stuff to your chief law enforcement officer.

As long as everything is correct and you have no issues with the background check you should get approved in 1-2 months.

Form 4 is basically the same process but you are mailing everything in. But the wait is roughly 7-9 months atm.

There are really good step by step guides online.

Make sure you've got a heavy enough buffer for that thing. H3 wasn't enough for my 9mm

Well, I guess I'll be filing for an SBR! As one Mr. Biden outlawed my AR pistol brace today. ThanksBiden.gif

Well, I guess I'll be filing for an SBR! As one Mr. Biden outlawed my AR pistol brace today. ThanksBiden.gif

Don't you still have 30 days, and ATF has to concoct some reasoning that contradicts their current stance?

With a Form 4 (buying an sbr) it takes a while.
I recommend filing as a trust.
, upload a passport style picture of yourself, upload a copy of your trust, .

How does the "Gun Trust" process work and what does it enable you to do?

How does the "Gun Trust" process work and what does it enable you to do?

I used the silencer shop trust. It was extremely easy.

https://www.silencershop.com/catalog/product/view/id/251/s/nfa-gun-trust/category/5

"The Traditional NFA Gun Trust is a revocable trust that provides the flexibility of allowing multiple responsible parties, or trustees, to legally have possession of the suppressor (or other NFA items listed on the trust)."

Basically you can add family members, friends, whoever you want so they can posses and use your nfa items. You can also name beneficiaries.

However you want to wait till after you have your nfa items to add other trustees otherwise each trustee has to do a 5230.20 and finger prints.

That is a reason silencer shop also created these.

https://www.silencershop.com/single-shot-trust.html

It allows you to buy multiple single item trusts so once your item is approved you can name trustees and then buy other nfa stuff with another single shot trust so only you have to do the paperwork process vs you & all trustees.

People have been posting on r/AR15 that they've been getting their stamps back in less than a month now for SBRs. Unfortunately it still takes forever for suppressors.

People have been posting on r/AR15 that they've been getting their stamps back in less than a month now for SBRs. Unfortunately it still takes forever for suppressors.

That's the difference between online e form 1 and regular form 1 & 4.

If you are doing a form 1 suppressor (build it yourself) it will have a similar approval time.

That's the difference between online e form 1 and regular form 1 & 4.

If you are doing a form 1 suppressor (build it yourself) it will have a similar approval time.
So you can do e form for a can too?

Back