Yarde vs Kovalev

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yarde I think he shocks Kov with some power and pressure enough to make him uncomfortable and blasts him out later.

If Kovalev is sharp and on point with his distance he busts up Yarde. Bastard can hit.

Kovalev learned his lessons. Unless he dropped a notch, Yarde is in for a long night.

<{titihmm}>

Does seem like its about time for Kovalev to fall off.
Is harder the man to do it?
Alvarez got to Kova the first fight. I feel torn on the type of guy Kov is and if he will take that first loss to Alvarez as something to correct or more as he looks at it as just being caught and then fighting furiously in the rematch. Maybe he makes the same mistake in this match? I don’t know but I have never gotten the impression from kov that he was a gym rat or an always adapting strategist like a Floyd.

Is harder the man to do it?
Alvarez got to Kova the first fight. I feel torn on the type of guy Kov is and if he will take that first loss to Alvarez as something to correct or more as he looks at it as just being caught and then fighting furiously in the rematch. Maybe he makes the same mistake in this match? I don’t know but I have never gotten the impression from kov that he was a gym rat or an always adapting strategist like a Floyd.
I'd normally think that Yarde was too stiff to beat Kovalev but he's definitely fresher and in a slugfest, Kovalev may come up short vs the young slugger.

Tough to say, I've seen Yarde but he's fought no one.

I think Yarde will win.

It's hard to gauge a fighters absolute ability against relatively weaker competition, but I think Yarde is strong, fast, and slick enough to beat Kovalev. Kovalev is 36 and I think is either slipping a bit or to some extent has been figured out although I have not seen his last fight. He definitely does not have the aura he had a few years ago.

Kovalev is not the fighter he was, he is ageing. Yarde gets smoked by any of the other 3 champions. He had to take this fight because he will not get another opportunity like this, at a champion at the end of his career. I think he takes kovalev out then holds the belt hostage for as long as possible.

I thought it was done, and have heard fck all since?

Last I heard of it before this thread was Warren saying it was all ready to go on their end but they'd heard nothing back. I cant find any actual confirmation of it being a done deal anywhere either.

purse bid for this fight is tomorrow

not happening on the 29th

I said before I think Kovalev will have too much experience for Yarde. Yarde is stepping up big time in this fight. He has some decent skills, hit pretty damn hard and is younger so I'd give him a chance. The closer this fight gets the more on the fence I become. I was watching Yarde fights recently and he has good defensive skills to go with his excellent offence, the only caveat being that it was against virtual nobodies. Boxers can look fantastic when they are against shit opposition.

I just don't know if Yarde can carry that over into a fight with a World Class fighter like Kovalev, albeit one that is on the downslide of his career. I think Yarde targetting the body would be a really good tactic against Kov. If he does that I think he can not only win but finish Kovalev. I think I'll put some money on Yarde because the odds are against him at almost 2/1.

Ward killed off the fearsome Krusher. Yarde is a unit and a banger. One of them has got the timing wrong but which one?

Back