Ycm sparring 9 (hard)

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Apparently I was in a smoker fight? I didn’t know wtf I was getting into honestly but everyone kept asking if I was fighting and who I’m fighting and afterwards good fight and shit lol? No idea.

It was sparring to me setup at another gym. it was rough work today even tho it didn’t last long. Guy I sparred outweighed me a good 15lbs and has been boxing since a child and was throwing some real heat.

Regardless, it was over after 2

Enjoy and critique.

Last edited:
lol at the guy with a glass bottle near the ring

Good fight, man. I loved at 2:50. Thought he was going down.

You seem to be in great shape. The fight was very intense and no signs of slowing down

lol at the guy with a glass bottle near the ring

Good fight, man. I loved at 2:50. Thought he was going down.

You seem to be in great shape. The fight was very intense and no signs of slowing down

Thanks! Like I said to me it was just sparring , but it was spose to be 3 rds and I think it was in the best interest to not go another, I could feel him breaking down. In terms of shape I still felt good. But only 4 minutes so I mean with how I’m training I better still have a lot left.

Dude was strong though, much more so than I expected regardless of weight diff.

Great to see you competing again... damn.
You did well. How much were you informed of the level of the fight before hand? Because to me it looked like the other guy went 100% first and then you responded afterwards.
Great work left hook of peace, I really hope you do make a left hook tutorial for the dog.

Good stuff but I expected more from you. Where are your jab and footwork? You mainly planted your feet and brawled. Second round was better than the first. On the rare occasions where you actually threw your jab instead of flicking it, it was effective.

Also nice pull counter in the second when the dude was trying to use the jab to track you down.. pop there it was. I lolled good stuff

Great to see you competing again... damn.
You did well. How much were you informed of the level of the fight before hand? Because to me it looked like the other guy went 100% first and then you responded afterwards.
Great work left hook of peace, I really hope you do make a left hook tutorial for the dog.
Yea I still plan I’m doing a vid for Frode on the hook to aim at ways he can make his better but I’m sure it’ll help anyone that watches it atleast on how I throw mine.

I had no idea what to expect , I was told I had had sparring scheduled at this new spot and that was the extent of my information. Told once I was there they were fights and asked I’m fighting too which I said yea I’m sparring somebody, whom they already knew who I was sparring and I knew he was bigger and all that which is no problem usually, he was stronger than expected I was a bit surprised at the roughness of the work but ay hard sparring is hard sparring

Good stuff but I expected more from you. Where are your jab and footwork? You mainly planted your feet and brawled. Second round was better than the first. On the rare occasions where you actually threw your jab instead of flicking it, it was effective.

I wasn’t really looking to work on anything once I realized the pace of this, I couldn’t really be sloppy and play around with what works cuz the dude was strong so I went to what always works against brawlers that box with me, and that is to overpower them on the inside and make them back up. Once I realized he couldn’t box backing up and relies on his own power and such for fear/confidence, I wanted to give him a look to break his own spirit and let him know he can’t hurt me and yes , I can hurt u.

I should have been using my jab much more often looking back but in the time being , I knew what I wanted to do with him and it was pretty much that. Dude was throwing hard enough to keep me mentally sharp about what I threw at him and once again I fell into my flaw of forgetting that my jab itself can be used as a weapon, and not just to setup my power shots.

Wow the red guy went in hard.

He looks tough and with a good guard and punching execution but I am a little surprised that he is "boxing since being a child" as there was very little head movement from him and he seemed to only throw power punches wereas you mixed it up very good. Regarding boxing skill you look vastly superior.

Imo the red guys weakness was transitions between ranges. When he wanted into the infight he often just bullied you by walking in and going out of infight he just stepped back leaving himself open.Looks like a fighter who is used to overpower his opponents by agression and strenght.

And wow about your left hook. Fuck I dont want to receive one of those. Really a great weapon in your arsenal.

Last edited:
Wow the red guy went in hard.

He looks tough and with a good guard and punching execution but I am a little surprised that he is "boxing since being a child" as there was very little head movement from him and he seemed to only throw power punches wereas you mixed it up very good. Regarding boxing skill you look vastly superior.

Imo the red guys weakness was transitions between ranges. When he wanted into the infight he often just bullied you by walking in and going out of infight he just stepped back leaving himself open.Looks like a fighter who is used to overpower his opponents by agression and strenght.

And wow about your left hook. Fuck I dont want to receive one of those. Really a great weapon in your arsenal.

That’s that TJ Mexican style for ya, bombs away all day

He is very experienced and I can feel it in there myself, no matter how the vid looks at times he was actually pretty difficult to hit clean on the button when he had his guard up, cuz of subtle head movement he does do. He also does the Mexican head roll lol, dude reminds of Jaima Munguia a little bit who is also in the area.

Also he is tough as nails. He weighed 156 I weighed 146 this day so it wasn’t a 15lb advantage only 10.

thar weakness ur talking bout in transitioning is exactly what I was trying to capitalize on , I realized he can’t box backing up or he sits on the ropes and doesn’t do too much from there either. He was effective only once he got forward momentum on me which is why I looked to stand ground and take away his strength of using pressure and strength to beat guys down.

Reason I brought up the exact weight diff’s is because look, regardless of 10lb diff which isn’t much, that dude is tough as hell. I hit him with some heavy shots and he never stopped trying. Especially the hook at the very end of round 2, after the shift, it put him out on his feet for a second but he answered with a great right hand a a few seconds later right after being hurt by my hook.

Mexican warrior types gets full respect from me. It’s rare guys can eat my punches on their guard and keep it moving, clearly he was able to. I shoulda touched the body much more.

Thank u for the compliment on my hook! I always say it but my straight right is my real killer shot and it gets no love lol. I do love my hook though.

Listen to the trainers tho there it makes me laugh, they were saying in the beginning of the second I can only counter off my shoulder and that if he smothers by it I can’t do anything and am useless.

Negative.

Very fun work

dude is tough as hell. I hit him with some heavy shots and he never stopped trying. Especially the hook at the very end of round 2, after the shift, it put him out on his feet for a second but he answered with a great right hand a a few seconds later right after being hurt by my hook.

Yeah that impressed me a lot. Very tough guy! Thought he would go down or back of when you clobbered him in round 2 and then he goes on the offense again. Must feel uncomfortable to fight someone like that.

Hands are looking fast and sharp, seems like you are improving from what I’ve seen but that might be because this was a harder spar.

The first round i know you were feeling him out. The 2nd you were pushing the pace more. I feel like your not use to hard sparring are you? But you did real good in the 2nd, I feel your opponent was predicting your punches especially when you use the Mayweather Philly shell, and sometimes you did throw obvious right hand hands and left hooks. At least you did find a sparring partner that gives you a run for your money dude, some people don't see that as something unique and good.

NVM lol I read the title and thought it was hard sparring but it was aparently a semi real fight. If you actually treated a boxer whose been training since he was a kid and longer than you as a sparring partner. Damn you really a beast.

He did seem like if you weren't wearing the headgear he would've rocked you but same could be said about you because in the second it looked like he got a little effected by those hard left hooks that you timed perfectly lol.

The first round i know you were feeling him out. The 2nd you were pushing the pace more. I feel like your not use to hard sparring are you? But you did real good in the 2nd, I feel your opponent was predicting your punches especially when you use the Mayweather Philly shell, and sometimes you did throw obvious right hand hands and left hooks. At least you did find a sparring partner that gives you a run for your money dude, some people don't see that as something unique and good.

I’m used to hard sparring, just wasn’t used to a guy trying to bulldoze me over and not give my own punches too much respect. Took a second to find the safest operating place for me because i wasn’t tryna get hit by that smoke he was throwing lol

NVM lol I read the title and thought it was hard sparring but it was aparently a semi real fight. If you actually treated a boxer whose been training since he was a kid and longer than you as a sparring partner. Damn you really a beast.

He did seem like if you weren't wearing the headgear he would've rocked you but same could be said about you because in the second it looked like he got a little effected by those hard left hooks that you timed perfectly lol.

I’m not sure the headgear matters like that in terms of being rocked , more glove size, then again idk I haven’t scrapped with a guy who knows how to punch without a headgear. He landed some decent shots but a lot of them were being semi blocked and he was punching through my guard, caught me with a wild right in the 1st after my own straight right hand and got me with a right hand at the very end of round 2 off my own right hand. Good shots, nothing at all I haven’t felt before but he does have power + size

The right hand shift to left hook almost put him out at the very end, his back leg got stuck in the air and he froze for a split second but props to him he recovered quickly and managed to fire back that last right hand.

I was surprised at how well he took my little onslaught after his own though, typically if a guy shells up against me and I want to hurt them I can, he was eating them for the most part lol I was headhunting a bit too much I think I should have gone back downstairs

At that point tho I felt very little threat from him, his whole energy changed and I could hear him on the inside from some of the body shots I thought he was about to quit, so I didn’t think he had anything left really but clearly the right hand I ate at the very end is another reminder to stay sharp and always assume ur opponent is dangerous

He did seem like if you weren't wearing the headgear he would've rocked you but same could be said about you because in the second it looked like he got a little effected by those hooks

Agreed people underestimate the effect of headgear.

Can you get knocked out or dropped wearing headgear? Yes

Is it harder to do on someone wearing padded headgear? Definitely

Agreed people underestimate the effect of headgear.

Can you get knocked out or dropped wearing headgear? Yes

Is it harder to do on someone wearing padded headgear? Definitely

I think there’s a legitimate study that shows headgear increases concussions vs no headgear, hence the amateur change to no headgear in bouts

They only affect superficial damage according to the study and the larger target aswell as impaired visions actually increase the amount of concussions occur while wearing one

How true this is, I really don’t know for sure

Well, from one point headgear is valuable cos decreases damages to face, facial and head bones. Cuts, if deep and guy recieved a lot of serious cuts, might decrease fighting ability cos increased risk in next bout recieve next deep cut and loss by TKO if they dont manage to stop blood between rounds.

About headguard protection value in concussions context, I'm not so knowledgeable to tell. I have a couple friends with experience in pro motosport...that they told, no believed that this decrease concussions risk because concussions happens from too fast brain movement inside of head. To recieve concussion there bone damage isn't key factor at all.
Some died without any damaged bone, some with smashed face goes out without hard concussion.
From bone, facial tissues damage this protects a lot.

There from recent combat sport are example, that one guy with heavily damaged facial bones used social media and relatively fine despite long surgeries to fix bones. Two another guys died, no info about bone damage in media, just about brain damages &bleeding.

God knows better.

Holy shit that guy was good. In the first round he was returning after every punch you threw. I noticed he started yelling with his shots so he obviously slowed down when you started to take over.

Kinda of not fair for him to get all that damage off in the first and you not being able to get it all back with a third round

Edit: rewatched it and actually you were controlling the distance and pace from the beginning. He was using a hell of a lot of energy with 3-4 punch combos to get minimal damage in. He did bomb you with quite a lot of overhands but everything else wasn’t very clean. You made your shots count much more

Last edited:
I’m used to hard sparring, just wasn’t used to a guy trying to bulldoze me over and not give my own punches too much respect. Took a second to find the safest operating place for me because i wasn’t tryna get hit by that smoke he was throwing lol

I’m not sure the headgear matters like that in terms of being rocked , more glove size, then again idk I haven’t scrapped with a guy who knows how to punch without a headgear. He landed some decent shots but a lot of them were being semi blocked and he was punching through my guard, caught me with a wild right in the 1st after my own straight right hand and got me with a right hand at the very end of round 2 off my own right hand. Good shots, nothing at all I haven’t felt before but he does have power + size

The right hand shift to left hook almost put him out at the very end, his back leg got stuck in the air and he froze for a split second but props to him he recovered quickly and managed to fire back that last right hand.

I was surprised at how well he took my little onslaught after his own though, typically if a guy shells up against me and I want to hurt them I can, he was eating them for the most part lol I was headhunting a bit too much I think I should have gone back downstairs

At that point tho I felt very little threat from him, his whole energy changed and I could hear him on the inside from some of the body shots I thought he was about to quit, so I didn’t think he had anything left really but clearly the right hand I ate at the very end is another reminder to stay sharp and always assume ur opponent is dangerous

You definitely did hurt him with that right hand - shift left hook combo I seen his Head rattle a bit and his feet move. He seems like a warrior though. From the looks of it despite the experience difference you are the better boxer. And he was fighting rather than sparring, so that shows how better you are when you start sparring in a fight instead of fighting.

Back