Opinion Yeonmi Park is on JRE but her North Korean story is full of many inconsistencies. Is she a grifter?

Sexy as fuck

No, she fucked herself up. Look at her older videos. She was a very naturally cute girl. Now she has fake tits, fake face. I guess that appeals to some men but I find it gross.

no, her being paraded around on various "shows" says to me as much as i care to hear... the details of whatever she's selling is a different conversation... i probably heard a few minutes of it early on in her campaign and seeing who's engaging and promoting the story leaves me with suspicion...

She will just be releasing a book or something in the near future. All podcast guests do a tour around the time they are releasing things. The podcasts she did are all friends. Joe and lex are both in Texas and are good friends.

You really don't listen to podcasts at all do you? 90% of guests go on these things to promote themselves? That's on both sides of politics. Bernie Sanders did Joe Rogan's podcasts pre election.

Oh no Lex Freidman, Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan are so bad? Why because you believe they don't politically agree with you?

She will just be releasing a book or something in the near future. All podcast guests do a tour around the time they are releasing things. The podcasts she did are all friends. Joe and lex are both in Texas and are good friends.

You really don't listen to podcasts at all do you? 90% of guests go on these things to promote themselves? That's on both sides of politics. Bernie Sanders did Joe Rogan's podcasts pre election.

Oh no Lex Freidman, Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan are so bad? Why because you believe they don't politically agree with you?
I like Lex and Jordan... Politics are nonsense... And I trust my "gut instinct"... I could be wrong, there could be nothing to my thoughts. Like I said, who cares?

Think of a scenario where these platforms draw from a certain "pool" of guests and some guests are suggested to them by an entity wilh ulterior motives. Maybe that's a thing. Maybe her message/story itself is problematic and she's got her own agenda, maybe the gatekeepers of information want people to think a certain way. Maybe this woman's story needs hearing from masses of people and those who chose to give her a platform are doing her, the world and her former country a service...

Or maybe not? I recognized a pattern and got a feeling about said pattern...

Last edited:
I like Lex and Jordan... Politics are nonsense... And I trust my "gut instinct"... I could be wrong, there could be nothing to my thoughts. Like I said, who cares?

Think of a scenario where these platforms draw from a certain "pool" of guests and some guests are suggested to them by an entity will ulterior motives. Maybe that's a thing. Maybe her message/story itself is problematic and she's got her own agenda, maybe the gatekeepers of information want people to think a certain way. Maybe this woman's story needs hearing from masses of people and those who chose to give her a platform are doing her, the world and her former country a service...

Or maybe not? I recognized a pattern and got a feeling about said pattern...

You actively said you hadn't watched these podcasts. That means you never even watched the long form conversation of her story. You either made your decision based off how she looks, her book or articles calling facts into disrepute.

In the end it's just both our opinions. I at least think you should listen to something before you decided it isn't true.

What she was saying is corroborated by other sources, her publisher did their due diligence speaking to others who escaped with her so as to ensure the story was factual enough to avoid being sued.

The only three reasons I can believe people might publicly disbelieve her story are:

1 they are useful idiots for China

2 they are woke and dislike her lack of lip service to their ideology

3 they are edgelords.

Memory is constructive, meaning every time you remember something you are rewriting the memory off of a skeleton of data points. This all shifts with time, eyewitness testimony is known to be almost entirely unreliable.

It's entirely known and understood. Whole courses are taught on the subject in psychology.
I guess so but I don't like it when people twist things, I'm honest and the times I do it are rare and sure, I'll do a white lies type of thing but I like being honest and when I repeat things they'll be the same. So, i get suspicious when I don't see that from others.

North Korean defector drags Dems for comments on Americans being deprived of freedom: ‘That’s a complete lie’
'It might be too late for us to bring the glory of this country back,' Yeonmi Park says

She seems like a goof.
she probably is, but you know, what she said about how she went to college and had problems with feeling like they were trying to brainwash her was similar to how I felt. That I would be made to pay if I had an opinion of my own. They say even tenured professors face those same pressures so, it seems as if they are bent on making people think what they want instead of teaching how to think.

she probably is, but you know, what she said about how she went to college and had problems with feeling like they were trying to brainwash her was similar to how I felt. That I would be made to pay if I had an opinion of my own. They say even tenured professors face those same pressures so, it seems as if they are bent on making people think what they want instead of teaching how to think.

according to Columbia edu., she was an economics major. I’m sure like most of us she had to take classes that might’ve been out there and full of students with a different slant on things. What she described didn’t sound all that bad, especially if you had the option to opt out of readings. She said, “I literally crossed the Gobi Desert to be free and I realized I’m not free, America’s not free,” which is goof level of thinking.

according to Columbia edu., she was an economics major. I’m sure like most of us she had to take classes that might’ve been out there and full of students with a different slant on things. What she described didn’t sound all that bad, especially if you had the option to opt out of readings. She said, “I literally crossed the Gobi Desert to be free and I realized I’m not free, America’s not free,” which is goof level of thinking.
ya, it's full of hyperbole, but, if college is supposed to be the way to move up and you constantly run into bullshit, it isn't what it says it is. It's the reason I told a prof who pounded on his podium when he told me, "you need to be up here!" I said, "what's the reward?" That poor man was miserable for those reasons. You cannot fight some things, you just have to do something else. But, sure, it's a bit dramatic comparing shit like N. Korea or their particular issues and a college campus which is basically bullshit and innocuous by comparison.

I believe she is being attacked as a "grifter" because she started criticizing Columbia's policies and some SJW stuff.

It's not a coincidence as soon as she started pointing out the wackiness of some SJW stuff that she started getting criticism with some (supposed) inconsistencies in her stories.

All the supposed inconsistency stuff are such small details that it could just be interpretation or how the story was worded. Or a random Youtube video just looking for BS.

Fact of the matter is: the stuff she details is happening and not even surprising.

This is coming from a Korean-American with family in S. Korea. And also a registered lifelong Democrat.

I believe she is being attacked as a "grifter" because she started criticizing Columbia's policies and some SJW stuff.

It's not a coincidence as soon as she started pointing out the wackiness of some SJW stuff that she started getting criticism with some (supposed) inconsistencies in her stories.

All the supposed inconsistency stuff are such small details that it could just be interpretation or how the story was worded. Or a random Youtube video just looking for BS.

Fact of the matter is: the stuff she details is happening and not even surprising.

This is coming from a Korean-American with family in S. Korea. And also a registered lifelong Democrat.
that is all the more reason to be consistent, don't give your detractors the fuel to make you look bad. Some of cosby's accusers are on tape telling different stories too, that makes a sure rapist look innocent to some people.

that is all the more reason to be consistent, don't give your detractors the fuel to make you look bad. Some of cosby's accusers are on tape telling different stories too, that makes a sure rapist look innocent to some people.

Yea but maybe we're being misled or lied to that there are inconsistencies to begin with - for example, by just listening to a biased Youtube video?

Yea but maybe we're being misled or lied to that there are inconsistencies to begin with - for example, by just listening to a biased Youtube video?
that's not the only youtube vid where she's caught lying. I believe horrible shit is happening, she knows it too, just tell the truth without the bells and whistles and try not to be coopted while you do it.

"Grifter" is the new catch-all buzzword of leftists. During Trump's term, it was "bootlicker" but they can't use that anymore. It'd be too obvious how pathetic they are if they call the other side "bootlicker" while they run into each and every thread to defend the latest dumb thing Biden has said or done.

So with "bootlicker" gone, they had to come up with another word to call people when they can't win arguments.

This is from the post from today:
“Park claimed in her interview with Rogan that authorities tracked down a suspect by reviewing surveillance footage and tracking her credit cards.

She suggested authorities would not prosecute them because there was so much crime in Chicago.

A report from CWB Chicago, however, said that Lecretia Harris, 29, was sentenced to two years in connection with the incident.
Harris pleaded guilty to unlawful restraint as part of a deal with prosecutors
.”

This is from the post from today:
“Park claimed in her interview with Rogan that authorities tracked down a suspect by reviewing surveillance footage and tracking her credit cards.

She suggested authorities would not prosecute them because there was so much crime in Chicago.

A report from CWB Chicago, however, said that Lecretia Harris, 29, was sentenced to two years in connection with the incident.
Harris pleaded guilty to unlawful restraint as part of a deal with prosecutors
.”
From the linked article
Prosecutors said the 26-year-old victim was walking with her nanny and her baby when Harris and another man who remains at-large slowed her down and had an “interaction.” Afterward, the woman noticed that

From the linked article
Prosecutors said the 26-year-old victim was walking with her nanny and her baby when Harris and another man who remains at-large slowed her down and had an “interaction.” Afterward, the woman noticed that

I am about 90 mins through the Rogan interview and it's funny because she addresses a lot of this sort of thing. She was a 13 year old uneducated kid who experienced something nobody else could comprehend. Her story seems weird at times because it is in context of the Western world kind of ridiculous. People can't understand a society where a person is literally in charge of every aspect and you get taken away with no recourse if you don't agree with that person. There is no open difference of opinion there. In particular when she mentioned about referencing her opinion and referring to herself as "We" shows a complete different attitude to society. Pretty eye opening.

I am about 90 mins through the Rogan interview and it's funny because she addresses a lot of this sort of thing. She was a 13 year old uneducated kid who experienced something nobody else could comprehend. Her story seems weird at times because it is in context of the Western world kind of ridiculous. People can't understand a society where a person is literally in charge of every aspect and you get taken away with no recourse if you don't agree with that person. There is no open difference of opinion there. In particular when she mentioned about referencing her opinion and referring to herself as "We" shows a complete different attitude to society. Pretty eye opening.
Nobody reads beyond the title. I do this on Facebook all the time. Grab a paragraph or two from their link and post it in the comments to see if they read it, that never have

You actively said you hadn't watched these podcasts. That means you never even watched the long form conversation of her story. You either made your decision based off how she looks, her book or articles calling facts into disrepute.

In the end it's just both our opinions. I at least think you should listen to something before you decided it isn't true.

never commented on the details of her story, only that red flags went up for me when all of a sudden she starts making the rounds and starts showing up on certain platforms that i feel aren't what they sell themselves as, or want to be thought of as. That's not to say the individual shows or her story don't have value or that her story "isn't true", etc.

JRE is something other than what it's thought to be, Fox news/Tucker have agendas, etc... Maybe i'll watch some of her pieces and prove my suspicion, and perhaps learn that North Korea is a terrible place for humanity... or maybe i'll just share my opinion that the fact she shows up and is promoted via certain sources seems suspicious to me... get it?

Back